P1000 Any south florida/ florida riders?

Brett002

Brett002

Feb 28, 2017
Bangladesh
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon R
Looks to be correct the website says to use springhill trailhead instead.

List of closures Apalachicola National Forest - Recreation

Springhill Trailhead Apalachicola National Forest - Springhill Motorcycle Trailhead

Oh great even tho that one is closer I've never been to that trail head. Probably rode all over the top of it and didn't even know oooooor never even got close to it is most likely the case.

I do know that they have a sheriff in a 900 un-governed rzr that will run down anything in the place so really have to be on your p's and q's. Be sure to have all the state stickers etc.

dereklm

dereklm

Jun 25, 2017
Port St Joe, Fl
Ownership

1. 700-4
Oh great even tho that one is closer I've never been to that trail head. Probably rode all over the top of it and didn't even know oooooor never even got close to it is most likely the case.

I do know that they have a sheriff in a 900 un-governed rzr that will run down anything in the place so really have to be on your p's and q's. Be sure to have all the state stickers etc.

What will I need besides the Florida registration. Are the park passes available at the entrance or is something I should go ahead and purchase

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brett002

Brett002

Feb 28, 2017
Bangladesh
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon R
What will I need besides the Florida registration. Are the park passes available at the entrance or is something I should go ahead and purchase

Yeah I know there was a ranger station at the other entrance that sold passes. I think it's like 10$ for all day. I'm also pretty sure the passes can be bought online. It's all a rip off imo. Just the state trying to squeeze ever ounce they can out of us.

dereklm

dereklm

Jun 25, 2017
Port St Joe, Fl
Ownership

1. 700-4
They are always squeezing what they can from us. I went ahead and bought the yearly pass. At least it applies to all parks

dereklm

dereklm

Jun 25, 2017
Port St Joe, Fl
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hey guys. We still gonna shoot for the 16th.

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I tried to send a reply from the trail yesterday. We are I was out riding with Brett we discussed it were still on.

dpnorth

dpnorth

North adventures south
Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Crawfordville FL
www.youtube.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand

3. Talon X
Yeah, silver lake trail head is right. The other entrance is for dirt bikes. About 15 min from my place. $10 dollars at the gate cash is easiest. There is an 'iron ranger' w/ envelopes if there isn't an employee in the shack when you pull up. Online they charge a $5 convenience fee, which is totally bogus. Been pretty wet out here, so 16th should be a good ride. I'm down!

Last edited:
dpnorth

dpnorth

North adventures south
Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Crawfordville FL
www.youtube.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand

3. Talon X
Also, saw you guys mentioned Tate's Hell. Took my Raptor (traded in on P5) & the kids Rzr170 out on that one earlier in the summer. Real easy ride w/ a couple water crossings. All graded fire roads, nothing technical. $15 a bike too... Good time putting around, but real flat. I took a couple vids. I'll try to get it out on YouTube.

dereklm

dereklm

Jun 25, 2017
Port St Joe, Fl
Ownership

1. 700-4
Yeah, silver lake trail head is right. The other entrance is for dirt bikes. About 15 min from my place. $10 dollars at the gate cash is easiest. There is an 'iron ranger' w/ envelopes if there isn't an employee in the shack when you pull up. Online they charge a $5 convenience fee, which is totally bogus. Been pretty wet out here, so 16th should be a good ride. I'm down!

Since silver lake is closed. I’m hoping we can take off at the other.

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand

The more the merrier meet up with us on the 16th we will be at springhill trailhead unless silverlake reopens. I will send you and dereklm my number so we can coordinate together.

dpnorth

dpnorth

North adventures south
Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Crawfordville FL
www.youtube.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand

3. Talon X
Since silver lake is closed. I’m hoping we can take off at the other.

Hmm. That is interesting. Spring Hill is a better trail head, but the trail is pretty narrow there. 60" (or wider) might have a hard time. Ill take a ride over there an figure it out. I suspect Fed's are slow to update the site. I'll report back...

dereklm

dereklm

Jun 25, 2017
Port St Joe, Fl
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hmm. That is interesting. Spring Hill is a better trail head, but the trail is pretty narrow there. 60" (or wider) might have a hard time. Ill take a ride over there an figure it out. I suspect Fed's are slow to update the site. I'll report back...

Awesome. Thanks.

dpnorth

dpnorth

North adventures south
Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Crawfordville FL
www.youtube.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand

3. Talon X
Figured i'd give this new-fangled telephone technology a shot before I drove over there. Dont know why I forget about calling.... Neway, spoke w/ Jon @ Wakulla ranger station @ 850-926-3561 and was told Silver Lake is slated to open this Thursday.

dereklm

dereklm

Jun 25, 2017
Port St Joe, Fl
Ownership

1. 700-4
Figured i'd give this new-fangled telephone technology a shot before I drove over there. Dont know why I forget about calling.... Neway, spoke w/ Jon @ Wakulla ranger station @ 850-926-3561 and was told Silver Lake is slated to open this Thursday.

That’s even better. That phone technology is something else.

dereklm

dereklm

Jun 25, 2017
Port St Joe, Fl
Ownership

1. 700-4
Anyone bringing their wives. Mine said she doesn’t want to be the only girl. Lol.

Brett002

Brett002

Feb 28, 2017
Bangladesh
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon R
Anyone bringing their wives. Mine said she doesn’t want to be the only girl. Lol.

I'm trying to convince mine that I won't drive crazy so she will come ;) She has never been to the forest with me, but I'm pretty sure she'd have a good time with a few other spouses were along. @dpnorth lol I'll let you all know more about her final decision later. We also need to get our kids together and ride. I have a little boy that is 9 and he has a little rzr 170. It hardly ever get's rode just like his little Honda dirt bike. Kids these days... I personally would have already been through multiple sets of tires on both of those things.

I've got a buddy picking up a Viking here soon that is really excited about going... He had been looking for months, but I think the mention of this trip made him finally pull the trigger. May be riding this weekend, I'm sure he'll want to try it out. I'm anxious to see what he has in store for mods as he is a relentless tinkerer like myself.

Reactions: dereklm
dereklm

dereklm

Jun 25, 2017
Port St Joe, Fl
Ownership

1. 700-4
Cool. She’s been wanting to ride so that will put her at ease.

dereklm

dereklm

Jun 25, 2017
Port St Joe, Fl
Ownership

1. 700-4
I'm trying to convince mine that I won't drive crazy so she will come ;) She has never been to the forest with me, but I'm pretty sure she'd have a good time with a few other spouses were along. @dpnorth lol I'll let you all know more about her final decision later. We also need to get our kids together and ride. I have a little boy that is 9 and he has a little rzr 170. It hardly ever get's rode just like his little Honda dirt bike. Kids these days... I personally would have already been through multiple sets of tires on both of those things.

I've got a buddy picking up a Viking here soon that is really excited about going... He had been looking for months, but I think the mention of this trip made him finally pull the trigger. May be riding this weekend, I'm sure he'll want to try it out. I'm anxious to see what he has in store for mods as he is a relentless tinkerer like myself.

I can’t wait to see the Viking in action. I have a buddy that loves his but haven’t been on the trail with him yet.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!