P1000 Any south florida/ florida riders?

knuckledeep

knuckledeep

my trailer queen is trashy
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2015
Eustis florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thoe are the north trails i have rode them once but there i alot more to them than the south centenial trail deff want to go ride those again

dpnorth

dpnorth

North adventures south
Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Crawfordville FL
www.youtube.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand

3. Talon X
Hey y'all. I know this is along dead thread, but my family and I are new to FL and public lands. I ride Apalachicola on my dirt bike quit a bit, and really want to get back into a SxS. Wife and kids like to go now and then.

Question is, how hard is that 1500lbs limit enforced? I noticed a lot of you talked about riding there, and have 1000s listed in your profiles. Park site also says max width is 60 inches, but I pass PoRangers and CanAms w/ tractor tires.... :rolleyes: seems like there might be some wiggle room.

I really want a 1000-5 deluxe, but it's a pig. Might have to go 700-4 but that 3-speed just seems stupid.

Reactions: knuckledeep
A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Unfortunately I'm not familiar with riding in your area tally and the pan handle. We have a group we ride Ocala National Forest. And next weekend there were plans on doing Hog Waller in Palatka. If you see a post about a planned ride give us a shout we have each other's cell numbers and text about group rides.

The 1000 is wide I opted for the non-deluxe I scrub most trails my all black panels don't show it.

PioneerAdam has a 700-2 deluxe he keeps pace with us he sips gas he was in 4x4 the one ride for 60 miles barely used any I burned a full tank in my 1000-5 .

dpnorth

dpnorth

North adventures south
Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Crawfordville FL
www.youtube.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand

3. Talon X
hey thx for the post joe. I plan on checking out Ocala, but wont be able to make it out that soon. Have a work trip out in Niceville Sunday.

Hoping someone who rides Apalachicola will chime in on the weight question.

I will definitely hit up Adam. I do like the 700-4 deluxe a lot, but I think Honda needs to invest in R&D on it. If it had more gears id be less reluctant to pull the trigger. I think it will be fine for our riding style. We just like to put around and enjoy being out. not much of a mudder either.

knuckledeep

knuckledeep

Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2015
Eustis florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I hadn't heard of any weight imit on public land there is a size limit on certain trails. I do know a few guys that ride Appalachia trap on p1k5 and never have an issue

dpnorth

dpnorth

North adventures south
Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Crawfordville FL
www.youtube.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand

3. Talon X
Hey thx KD, that is exactly why i ask! I have yet to see a tyrex4, p1000-5, commander xt, etc out there that i know is over 1500. just wanted to make sure before i started shopping because the usda site says 1500lbs max. Apalachicola National Forest - Silver Lake OHV Trailhead

the Apalachicola rangers have always been pretty cool with me, but i have seen them turn folks away. Ill see if i have footage on my gopro, but i was fighting with a dead battery on my motorcycle and a guy pulled up with a gigantic poporanger with portal lift and MASSIVE tires. way over 60". rangers turned him away because of the 2 pink 90cc quads on the back of his trailer NOT his utv. Said kids werent old enough, and they didnt have proof of safe rider course.... lol.

knuckledeep

knuckledeep

Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2015
Eustis florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I know when we go to Ocala it has the same rules but talking to rangers pioneers are good to go a couple trails are atv or dirt bike only. Any kid under 16 is to Have to have atv safey course helmet boots and goggles that also can be strict on manufacture guidelines like no double riding. If you have atv and stuff we ride Ocala national forest north trails and we can meet there and go for a ride

knuckledeep

knuckledeep

Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2015
Eustis florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hey y'all. I know this is along dead thread, but my family and I are new to FL and public lands. I ride Apalachicola on my dirt bike quit a bit, and really want to get back into a SxS. Wife and kids like to go now and then.

Question is, how hard is that 1500lbs limit enforced? I noticed a lot of you talked about riding there, and have 1000s listed in your profiles. Park site also says max width is 60 inches, but I pass PoRangers and CanAms w/ tractor tires.... :rolleyes: seems like there might be some wiggle room.

I really want a 1000-5 deluxe, but it's a pig. Might have to go 700-4 but that 3-speed just seems stupid.

Come take a ride with us we usually have a 700-2. 2 1000-3 and 2 1000-5 they all move good on the trails

dpnorth

dpnorth

North adventures south
Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Crawfordville FL
www.youtube.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand

3. Talon X
I know when we go to Ocala it has the same rules but talking to rangers pioneers are good to go a couple trails are atv or dirt bike only. Any kid under 16 is to Have to have atv safey course helmet boots and goggles that also can be strict on manufacture guidelines like no double riding. If you have atv and stuff we ride Ocala national forest north trails and we can meet there and go for a ride

That is exactly what i wanted to know! thx bud! time to start shopping :D

knuckledeep

knuckledeep

Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2015
Eustis florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Np any questions just ask or message us here to help

Brett002

Brett002

Feb 28, 2017
Bangladesh
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon R
Np any questions just ask or message us here to help

I have a Pioneer 3 @dpnorth and I have never had any problems in Apalachicola. Let me know when you get yours... We'll get up and riiiiiide!

I personally prefer riding with other Honda's because I know I won't be pulling them back to the trailer.

We have to stuck together!!!

dpnorth

dpnorth

North adventures south
Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Crawfordville FL
www.youtube.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand

3. Talon X
I have a Pioneer 3 @dpnorth and I have never had any problems in Apalachicola. Let me know when you get yours... We'll get up and riiiiiide!

Good deal! Thanks a ton for the post! that is exactly what i was hoping for. the rangers never seem to mess with ppl.

I am not too savvy on the ATV/UTV side of the App park, only been down the single tracks and fire roads. Should I be concerned with a snorkel setup?

I will post here after we get something, for sure!

Brett002

Brett002

Feb 28, 2017
Bangladesh
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon R
I cant promise it wont be a wolverine x4 though.... :D
I cant promise it wont be a wolverine x4 though.... :D

@dpnorth Tho I haven't set in the new wolverine, I can't say enough about the pioneer I own. Ol' gal has been really good to me. @ 95xx miles now and runs better with every oil change. Leaky seal going into rear diff. fixed under warranty. Now my new problem... Had a loose tire rod end nut (PLEASE CHECK YOUR TIRE ROD END NUTS EVERYONE!!!). May have to get a new end, and at worst the knuckle. There are factory markings that if they don't line up they have loosened. The cruising speed of 60 +/- in 6th gear on 30's and still drift around corners would stray me away from the low top speed of the wolverine. Especially as much as they want for one of those.

Direct message me... I'll let you come take mine for a spin. Then you can decide once you drive the wolverine.

Brett002

Brett002

Feb 28, 2017
Bangladesh
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon R
@dpnorth Tho I haven't set in the new wolverine, I can't say enough about the pioneer I own. Ol' gal has been really good to me. @ 95xx miles now and runs better with every oil change. Leaky seal going into rear diff. fixed under warranty. Now my new problem... Had a loose tire rod end nut (PLEASE CHECK YOUR TIRE ROD END NUTS EVERYONE!!!). May have to get a new end, and at worst the knuckle. There are factory markings that if they don't line up they have loosened. The cruising speed of 60 +/- in 6th gear on 30's and still drift around corners would stray me away from the low top speed of the wolverine. Especially as much as they want for one of those.

Direct message me... I'll let you come take mine for a spin. Then you can decide once you drive the wolverine.

@dpnorth Sorry forgot about the snorkel question. There are ways around the major mud holes. I tend to take those and go slow. It can get deep real quick. A snorkel would be best. I also recommend eliminating the factory intake under the hood. To many hose clamps that will keep you awake at night.

dereklm

dereklm

Jun 25, 2017
Port St Joe, Fl
Ownership

1. 700-4
Is this still an active post. I’ve recently moved to the Panama City area and looking for a place to ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

knuckledeep

knuckledeep

Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2015
Eustis florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
it is we have a group in central florida and there is a few up in jax area

dereklm

dereklm

Jun 25, 2017
Port St Joe, Fl
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks. I’ve been looking for trails up around this area but with very little luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

knuckledeep

knuckledeep

Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2015
Eustis florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
over in jax and lake city area is the closest for you besides Alabama and Mississippi unless you make a weekend trip to ocala national forest

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!