Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
My DVR screwed up last week and I missed the 450 race. The suspense was killing me so I checked to see how they finished. Points all tied up. This year is how it should be every year lol
Yeah it was a good race. Dungey got a terrible start (wrecked in the first corner) and worked his way from dead last all the way up to third. Tomac got a bad start too and even with a crash mid race worked up to second. Marvin won but both Dungey and Tomac were getting consistently lower lap times than he was. I know neither finished where they wanted to but they should both be proud of their performances

Reactions: swsebek and sharp
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't think it screwed up. They messed the listing up and I only got up to LCQ. I retaped it this morning
Mine was set to record this morning but only new shows. So it didn't tape lol.

Reactions: sharp
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Image Image Image Cool april 2017 article. Figured I would share

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Yeah it was a good race. Dungey got a terrible start (wrecked in the first corner) and worked his way from dead last all the way up to third. Tomac got a bad start too and even with a crash mid race worked up to second. Marvin won but both Dungey and Tomac were getting consistently lower lap times than he was. I know neither finished where they wanted to but they should both be proud of their performances
that track was insane, and the race was great.

Reactions: Tflynn and Delton
swsebek

swsebek

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Race is on
I was too sleepy to watch it so thanks for not posting results yet lol. I'm sure there's no way Eli could win with a 10 point deficit. Nothing against Dungey at all, but I hate that the fastest rider out there doesn't win championship. Personally I don't like championships being won by guys that don't win races. Consistency doesn't mean squat to me, speed does. If I ran ama, there'd be at least a 10 point spread between 1st and 2nd. This has been the best season in a long time. Next year will be awesome when Roczen returns. Looking forward to it. Gonna be cheering for HRC in the outdoors and mxgp.

swsebek

swsebek

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Good thing consistency means something in MotoCross or it wouldn't have been as good this year.Consistency wins the series.Fastest racer was Eli till a few races ago when he mentally farted.Next year neither Dungey or Tomac will be the fastest.Anderson and Grant really learned a lot.Not sure about Roczen

Rayrule

Rayrule

Lifetime Member
Apr 1, 2017
Catskills Mts. NY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wow what a race though. I haven't seen bar banging like this in a long time. I haven't seen a season like this since the days of McGrath and then Carmichael. Battles between Reed & Stewart. This one came right down to the wire. I really would've liked to see Tomac & Jordan Smith win the titles respectively. Too bad for Tomac & the way things ended up at MetLife (which I was at) and especially with Musquin's team orders to let Dungey by with 1 lap left. But I have to give Dungey some credit, he didn't have to race that hard against Tomac. All he had to do was stay in the top 4. He was going for the win which made for an exciting race. Oh well another season in the books with 2 new 250 champions. Can't wait to see what the outdoors brings that starts in a few weeks. Go HRC!!!!!

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I hesitated reading last 2 replies. I'm still at work and haven't watched either race yet lol. Totally agree with the Anderson comment, not so sure about grant lol. Cooper Webb will be a contender sooner or later. Glad to see he isn't such a prick on camera these days. He has matured. Awesome season. Looking forward to next Feb.

Reactions: swsebek
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Wow what a race! @Delton if you still haven't watched it, don't read the rest of this post!

In the post race interview Tomac said he was purposely staying juuuuuust ahead of Ryan with the intention of stacking up the pack and hopefully forcing a mistake from Dungey, rather than getting out front and leaving everyone behind (and giving Dungey an open track). Smart strategy even though it didn't work. And how about Anderson taking out reed??? I wonder if that was payback for what reed pulled on Dungey a few weeks back? Or was Anderson really wanting the win? Great race to watch, can't wait for moto!

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wow what a race! @Delton if you still haven't watched it, don't read the rest of this post!

In the post race interview Tomac said he was purposely staying juuuuuust ahead of Ryan with the intention of stacking up the pack and hopefully forcing a mistake from Dungey, rather than getting out front and leaving everyone behind (and giving Dungey an open track). Smart strategy even though it didn't work. And how about Anderson taking out reed??? I wonder if that was payback for what reed pulled on Dungey a few weeks back? Or was Anderson really wanting the win? Great race to watch, can't wait for moto!
Haha I watched it last night after work. A fitting end to an awesome season. I believe Eli cause it looked obvious to me he was just going for a stroll lol. Dungey is in for a long outdoor season. I remember Eli's first outdoor race on the 450s. He led for almost all of it til fitness gave way.

Reactions: Tflynn
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Haha I watched it last night after work. A fitting end to an awesome season. I believe Eli cause it looked obvious to me he was just going for a stroll lol. Dungey is in for a long outdoor season. I remember Eli's first outdoor race on the 450s. He led for almost all of it til fitness gave way.

I agree Tomac will be tough to beat out doors. You know he's got a fire lit under him now! I just hope everyone stays healthy, I still wish we could have seen a Roczen/Tomac battle this year in supercross. Those two going at it would have lapped everyone! I really want to know what Tomac changed to go from mediocre in the first few rounds to unstoppable in the last ones. Anyone have a theory on that?

Last edited:
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I agree Tomac will be tough to beat out doors. You know he's got a fire lit under him now! I just hope everyone stays healthy, I still wish we could have seen a Roczen/Tomac battle this year in supercross. Those two going at it would have lapped everyone! I really want to know what Tomac changed to go from mediocre in the first few rounds to unstoppable in the last ones. Anyone have a theory on that?
He said earlier in the year that they made a small adjustment to the rear shock that totally transformed the bike for him. Of course those interviews are choreographed so who knows.

Reactions: Tflynn
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anybody else like mxgp? HRC is defending champ. Can't remember dude's name for the life of me but loved watching him ride. Those tracks make us tracks look like paved roads lol.

swsebek

swsebek

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hey where did you guys go. Last 2 mx races were ruff tracks.How about Anderson and yes "old man" Grant Led the better part of first. The fastest guys don't always win the Outdoors.But Eli still is superior to me.Glad Dungey retired a champ.Probably saw how Chad Reed needed to retire.Im having trouble figuring the 3rd race tv schedule.

Reactions: sharp and Tflynn
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What station is airing them? My DVR didn't record

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
What station is airing them? My DVR didn't record
I watch them all on YouTube. If Eli could figure out starts he'd be untouchable. And if Kawasaki could figure out front brakes he'd be really untouchable! I watched an interview, with Tomac and he said a rock hit something and screwed the front brake up. Kind of sounded like bs but who knows. Kawasaki had a lot of mechanical issues at glen Helen, crazy. Wonder if Eli's wishing he was still on a red bike? Still I can't see Tomac losing this championship he's just riding to damn good! I'd be curious to know in these last 4 motos how many passes he's made?

Dungey retired the right way, I think he knew his time had passed and stepped down. Glad we don't have to watch him fizzle out like we did with McGrath and like we're still seeing with reed.

So, bets for Thunder Valley?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!