P1000 Bilge blower mounting

J

Jakey

May 30, 2016
San Francisco Bay Area
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm going to install my bilge blower under the seat tomorrow. Any consensus on the best way to mount it? Any easy brackets without much fabrication? Thanks
By the way, I sure hope this helps because on long uphill climbs it gets HOT!!!!

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm going to install my bilge blower under the seat tomorrow. Any consensus on the best way to mount it? Any easy brackets without much fabrication? Thanks
By the way, I sure hope this helps because on long uphill climbs it gets HOT!!!!
The easiest way is to use long thick zip ties and zip tie it to the seat support bar.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Check out @snuffnwhisky or @Jshell3 build thread. They came up with some pretty mounts. I ran a piece of 1/8 x1/2 flat strap all the way across the seat pan so I could attach 2 blowers.

J

Jshell3

Check out @snuffnwhisky or @Jshell3 build thread. They came up with some pretty mounts. I ran a piece of 1/8 x1/2 flat strap all the way across the seat pan so I could attach 2 blowers.
For the record, @Jakey I copied the idea like every idea I've had on my P1k5, from the talented members of this forum.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Piece of 1"x1/8" flat stock and U-bolt around round support bar is super easy.

Reactions: sharp
J

Jshell3

@Jakey
IMG 4599
IMG 4600

P1000m5 - BIG BLUE

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I did the aluminum bubble wrap from Lowe's under the seat to up the back seat, 1 pcs. Without the insulation, the blower didn't help me much if any. The insulation made a huge difference. I only run my fan if I'm sitting running for a while.

J

Jshell3

I did the aluminum bubble wrap from Lowe's under the seat to up the back seat, 1 pcs. Without the insulation, the blower didn't help me much if any. The insulation made a huge difference. I only run my fan if I'm sitting running for a while.
Agreed.
The back passengers seem to appreciate the blower.
I have the heat shield from @Bayouownbeer works good, too.
Prefabbed. Easy install. No waste.

advertisement
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Haven't tested the back seat. I do know without the insulation, with the fan, dynomat all around and my headers ceramic painted and wrapped, u could barely touch the plastic piece between the seats. No problem with just the insulation alone.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Agreed.
The back passengers seem to appreciate the blower.
I have the heat shield from @Bayouownbeer works good, too.
Prefabbed. Easy install. No waste.
Doesn't his stop at the plastic piece between the seats?

J

Jakey

May 30, 2016
San Francisco Bay Area
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Final question, you guys are mounting the fan so it takes air from the front and blows back over the header and out the rear, correct?

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Final question, you guys are mounting the fan so it takes air from the front and blows back over the header and out the rear, correct?
Yes

Reactions: Jshell3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!