P500 Blueberry Build

Jshell3 submitted a new Garage Item:

Jshell3 "blueberry"

Ok HondaSXS... I spent an afternoon putting this slideshow together showcasing Blueberry... I tried to list any accessories up to this point (10/29/2016)... So I'm nearly done with it for the time being. Ready to Ride!!!

This plays best on your phone. Designed for the Vertical screen!

If there's something you see that you'd like to know more... Like where I got it, or how much did it cost... just ask.

The time I've spent has been fun and addictive to build. Now that I'm finishing up, I realize that I'll miss the hours I spent tinkering in the shop or waiting for UPS to show up!

The HondaSxS stickers on Blueberry represent YOU! and the nights on my phone reading various threads, digging through opinions and taking advice on this build. Thanks a ton!!!

Read more about this showcase item here...

Last edited by a moderator:
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Think anodized will still scratch, I plan to buy black spray paint cans for less given the abuse they will get.
Not as badly though. The anodized actually penetrates the aluminum as opposed to paint that just sets as a film on the surface and would reveal the shinny aluminum everytime it gets scratched.

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Last edited:
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I looked into truck bed liner, so mine would match my black and blue theme... the $50 to get them black to start off with from Ricochet might just be the best money spent, if you have to have black. @trigger
Because doing it after the fact, will cost at least that much, and probably not hold up as well.

I'm thinking if they are anodized that I could have them Line X'd without all the prep. The $50 up front, I'll save later.
It will definitely hold up, Line X is amazing stuff. Adds rigidity too.

stlhobo

stlhobo

Feb 7, 2017
Wentzville, MO
Ownership

1. 500
No holes in Skidplate. (Other than the ones necessary for the easy install.)

No holes for rack installation, either. Has clamp type hardware. The rack is Strongmade made for the P500. It's like any rack. But fits the width of the bike. I list the make in the YouTube video. It's like a Strongmade 574, I think. Expanded metal bottom. The is no open end on this particular rack. But I do know what you mean. I wanted to make my rack open on the end, like a tailgate down on pick up truck. So I could sit backwards with my legs hanging off while my wife drives.
But this rack won't do that. Others might.
I don't know what I'm going to do when I shoot a deer. How to load. Lol. I have a Rancher that's hauled several deer out. Figure I'll just use it. Inhunt pretty close to home. ;)

I am looking for the tool box. Do you recall the make and model, or have a link available?

Reactions: Jshell3
J

Jshell3

I am looking for the tool box. Do you recall the make and model, or have a link available?
It's a 48" Husky side mount toolbox from Home Depot. Around $240. It's a VERY well built box. Good weather seals and a solid latch and top you won't be afraid to sit or stand on... Not flimsy, at all...
It fits the width of the P500 pretty much spot on, too.

LINK <-- Click HERE

(welcome to the Forum!!!)

Reactions: Dp5hunter
stlhobo

stlhobo

Feb 7, 2017
Wentzville, MO
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks! Looks like a great group folks who are going to cost me a ton of money. Haha. Just bought a blue P5 and, as you know, it lacks any sort of bed or box. Love the setup you made. Appreciate the info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stlhobo

stlhobo

Feb 7, 2017
Wentzville, MO
Ownership

1. 500
I have the same tool box and It is made perfectly for the P500. When you put the cargo rack on it fits perfectly oder the overhang of the toolbox.

Newbie here. Did you mount tool box to rear rack with u-bolts ?

J

Jshell3

Newbie here. Did you mount tool box to rear rack with u-bolts ?

Yes. Yes I did. Then ground down the threads flush to the nut. And laid carpet in the bottom of the box as liner.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
SXSHP500CO

SXSHP500CO

Pounding - Beaver
Lifetime Member
Dec 2, 2017
Northglenn Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
I guess a person can't leave comments on this site? Then why have it? I'm new to this and so far it seems like there are some people that walk on water with messed up comments like yours. Yes I can read the date it was posted. Just trying to fit in.

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I guess a person can't leave comments on this site? Then why have it? I'm new to this and so far it seems like there are some people that walk on water with messed up comments like yours. Yes I can read the date it was posted. Just trying to fit in.
Wow...
ok.....
wasn't meant that way...
......I get it

Reactions: trigger
Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feel free to post on any thread , any time!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!