P500 Blueberry Build

Jshell3 submitted a new Garage Item:

Jshell3 "blueberry"

Ok HondaSXS... I spent an afternoon putting this slideshow together showcasing Blueberry... I tried to list any accessories up to this point (10/29/2016)... So I'm nearly done with it for the time being. Ready to Ride!!!

This plays best on your phone. Designed for the Vertical screen!

If there's something you see that you'd like to know more... Like where I got it, or how much did it cost... just ask.

The time I've spent has been fun and addictive to build. Now that I'm finishing up, I realize that I'll miss the hours I spent tinkering in the shop or waiting for UPS to show up!

The HondaSxS stickers on Blueberry represent YOU! and the nights on my phone reading various threads, digging through opinions and taking advice on this build. Thanks a ton!!!

Read more about this showcase item here...

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jshell3

BY solid u mean no drane hols?
... some black one's on the Serpent would be bad ass. Are they solid before install?
I gave $299 black pricing bc you mentioned Strongmade's black A arm guards matching w/out painting. I thought about it before I ordered. Being how I was ordering BOTH A-Arms and skids at the same time... fearing the natural aluminum color would stick out on my mostly black and blue bike.
Turns out... you don't notice the grey, at all... esp since the motor parts and gearboxes show through in various parts of the bike.

I put a couple pictures up when it arrived in the mail... (here)
It's more solid than I expected when I initially placed my order :D

Not really Drain holes, but I guess they could be. The only holes in the plates are for installation help. Finger holes for holding hardware in position while tightening bolts.

Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
I gave $299 black pricing bc you mentioned Strongmade's black A arm guards matching w/out painting. I thought about it before I ordered. Being how I was ordering BOTH A-Arms and skids at the same time... fearing the natural aluminum color would stick out on my mostly black and blue bike.
Turns out... you don't notice the grey, at all... esp since the motor parts and gearboxes show through in various parts of the bike.

I put a couple pictures up when it arrived in the mail... (here)
It's more solid than I expected when I initially placed my order :D

Not really Drain holes, but I guess they could be. The only holes in the plates are for installation help. Finger holes for holding hardware in position while tightening bolts.
Did you have to drill any holes for the skid plate and the rack on the back of your P5 is it open on the inside and if it is it's what I want for mine what brand is it and witch model rack is it.
I will put the opening to the back, better for loding wood and Deer.;)
Thanks in advance.
Greg

J

Jshell3

Did you have to drill any holes for the skid plate and the rack on the back of your P5 is it open on the inside and if it is it's what I want for mine what brand is it and witch model rack is it.
I will put the opening to the back, better for loding wood and Deer.
Thanks in advance.
Greg

No holes in Skidplate. (Other than the ones necessary for the easy install.)

No holes for rack installation, either. Has clamp type hardware. The rack is Strongmade made for the P500. It's like any rack. But fits the width of the bike. I list the make in the YouTube video. It's like a Strongmade 574, I think. Expanded metal bottom. The is no open end on this particular rack. But I do know what you mean. I wanted to make my rack open on the end, like a tailgate down on pick up truck. So I could sit backwards with my legs hanging off while my wife drives.
But this rack won't do that. Others might.
I don't know what I'm going to do when I shoot a deer. How to load. Lol. I have a Rancher that's hauled several deer out. Figure I'll just use it. Inhunt pretty close to home. ;)

Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
No holes in Skidplate. (Other than the ones necessary for the easy install.)

No holes for rack installation, either. Has clamp type hardware. The rack is Strongmade made for the P500. It's like any rack. But fits the width of the bike. I list the make in the YouTube video. It's like a Strongmade 574, I think. Expanded metal bottom. The is no open end on this particular rack. But I do know what you mean. I wanted to make my rack open on the end, like a tailgate down on pick up truck. So I could sit backwards with my legs hanging off while my wife drives.
But this rack won't do that. Others might.
I don't know what I'm going to do when I shoot a deer. How to load. Lol. I have a Rancher that's hauled several deer out. Figure I'll just use it. Inhunt pretty close to home. ;)
I was looking at one of your erlier pic and u have the tool box on and a rack that was open on the inside and that'sthe one I am looking for. I'll find the thred and show you witch one.

J

Jshell3

I was looking at one of your erlier pic and u have the tool box on and a rack that was open on the inside and that'sthe one I am looking for. I'll find the thred and show you witch one.
Yep. The Curt Univeral ATV for $109 on Amazon. I turned it around backwards, like you suggested before I mounted it... I just couldn't get it to line up in a way I could affix it down without a gap between my box and rack.

Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
Yea that the one thanks AndI'll find a way to secure it to the rack.I should be able to figure something out to secure it properly ;)

Reactions: CumminsPusher
LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
@Jshell3 What does the underside of your light bar look like? Trying to decide how to mount mine with the windshield. How do you like the coverage? I can't go over the height of the roof due to the garage.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Kolpins are a great mirror at a great price. You'll like them. After having used them for 6-700 miles, IMO, they work the best mounted low, fold in when struck by brush if you forget to bring them in on tight trails, never broken glass, and I think they look the best mounted low.

36 hrs and on the porch...shopping in your underwear is just too easy! :D Mirrors

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
36 hrs and on the porch...shopping in your underwear is just too easy! :DView attachment 25493
Beautiful! I hear ya on that. We don't have to frequent the brick and mortars much anymore. When you sticking them on? Seems like 10-15 minutes per side.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I'm hoping to get some free time here pretty quick. Haven't had time to give her much love lately. ;)
Trying to get that room fully in the dry before it gets too cold.

Reactions: trigger
J

Jshell3

@Jshell3 What does the underside of your light bar look like? Trying to decide how to mount mine with the windshield. How do you like the coverage? I can't go over the height of the roof due to the garage.
I pretty much drilled the plastic, and found the biggest 2" flat washer I could, painted it black then paired it w/ a Nylon lock nut. There is NO other support than the roof, itself. Tho, I did run the 1/4" all thread from end to end to squeeze the mounts and combat the flex out on the end of the roof.

IMG 2051

If that doesn't make sense, look HERE. @jak9922 does a walk around of his P500. I pretty much copied the light mount exactly as he explains it.

@Longbrake500 has another excellent lightbar mount. Discussion HERE. Post #89

I wanted to go under roof. I didn't HAVE to (as in your situation)... so ultimately I went above roof. I was struggling to get it mounted up under and out of the way. It impeded my field of view too much. I'm anxious to see how yours turns out! Good luck!!!:)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!