Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That's a scary idea right there.
2/3 of the 43,000 pounds is sitting on the back axel of this thing. Look at how far back the axel is from the trailer tires on that 32 ft trailer. It about got sideways once, it picked the back duals of the Dodge off the pavement at 70. NO FUN!

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
2/3 of the 43,000 pounds is sitting on the back axel of this thing. Look at how far back the axel is from the trailer tires on that 32 ft trailer. It about got sideways once, it picked the back duals of the Dodge off the pavement at 70. NO FUN!
I wouldn't drive that damn thing. :eek:

Reactions: CumminsPusher
popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No way. There is not enough tongue weight. I can't believe someone didn't die. Although I bet you could of won any burn out contest

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I mean this with all the love in the world, that was stupid. Don't do it again. Lol

My truck now is same motor and running gear but short box non dually...not a f***ing chance!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
E

Edog

Jan 7, 2016
Picture of my Pilot with the P700-4 on the open trailer. This was taken at the Omni in down town Nashville while picking up the wife's nieces husband on the way to ride Bull Run a few weeks ago. FYI trailer in down town Nashville as a bad idea. Really bad idea.

Pilot dose ok with a trailer. I got 12mpg and kept up with traffic . And tonight the Pilot took the family out to dinner in style. Bottom line is I spend more time driving to and from work than going riding.

I also have a Duramax avaliable. It tows like a dream (when I got it I told the wife it has obscene power and I still think that). But the Pilot dose fine with under 4500#.

In the background is 2 McLaren's. Parking guy was ready for me to move on before I pulled in. Bull Run crew was more my speed.

View attachment 27665

Do you think the Pilot would do ok towing a 2000 lb. covered utility trailer with a 1000 lb P5 in it? That's kind of the setup I'm thinking. I'm in the same boat where my primary concern is a daily commuter, with the occasional riding/camping trips.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

advertisement
E

Edog

Jan 7, 2016
If you're hell bent in towing with a honda, go Ridgeline, and that wouldn't be my first choice either, too many cheap pickups available that are far more suited to the job.

What kind of cheap pickup would you recommend (year/model)? I'm not very handy and I'd hate to spend my riding weekend on the side of a highway somewhere waiting for a tow truck.

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What kind of cheap pickup would you recommend (year/model)? I'm not very handy and I'd hate to spend my riding weekend on the side of a highway somewhere waiting for a tow truck.

You might be stirring up a hornets nest with a question like that.

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5

They all have pro's and cons, for your set up I think a newer Toyota Tacoma is very hard to beat. But they don't come cheap.

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I was trying to catch this before the hornets nest opened. Too late. Lol. Seriously any manufacturer preferably American in the last 10-15 years will serve you just fine. Just pay attention to miles, service records, rust, and general condition. Have it inspected by a mechanic if you choose before you buy. Think Silverado, ram, F150. Or even ranger, Colorado, Dakota or yes.... Even Tacoma ifbyou want a smaller truck. Shy away from Nissan. Its a 2k job to replace a starter.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
So mopar, did you purchase a tiny trailer set of prints, or are you designing your own completely. If you're designing your own, will you be keeping it in your head and working from what you have there, or committing it to paper first. And if you are, would you mind posting the drawings?

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So mopar, did you purchase a tiny trailer set of prints, or are you designing your own completely. If you're designing your own, will you be keeping it in your head and working from what you have there, or committing it to paper first. And if you are, would you mind posting the drawings?
I do have a design in mind. I prefer creativity over building someone else's idea. I generally don't put things on paper. Just because my art skills are in par with my 2 year old. I can try and if it looks reasonable I'll post it.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
They all have pro's and cons, for your set up I think a newer Toyota Tacoma is very hard to beat. But they don't come cheap.

I'd say for cheap dependable look for t100. Not a ton of power but you can usually get a good deal and there is more substance there to pull with. Cant go wrong with yota. Not enough truck for some but would do a good job for that.

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'd say for cheap dependable look for t100. Not a ton of power but you can usually get a good deal and there is more substance there to pull with. Cant go wrong with yota. Not enough truck for some but would do a good job for that.

But steer clear of the t100 models with the 3.0l v6 they are prone to head gasket issues

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Finally got around to getting some pics of my enclosed converted trailer
953ff8e7567af8c72b8d231916859436

Reactions: Edog
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!