Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
The Cummins/Allison combination would be great but trust me the Ford body is not all it's cracked up to be. Heavy on the cracked part. We work on them every day.
You say that lol. But us northern folk that get body cancer every 3-5 yrs from the Salt and $hitty weather as a daily driver will take body Crack all day over that lol. If u own a Dodge, the cancer arrives in year 2 😂.don't forget, GM's have aluminum hoods;)

TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
You say that lol. But us northern folk that get body cancer every 3-5 yrs from the Salt and $hitty weather as a daily driver will take body Crack all day over that lol. If u own a Dodge, the cancer arrives in year 2 😂.don't forget, GM's have aluminum hoods;)
I get the rust deal and the Fords are fine until you hit something or something hits you. They are hard to dent but the "military grade" aluminum tears like the proverbial beer can. I wouldn't own one but they are great for the body shop business.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I get the rust deal and the Fords are fine until you hit something or something hits you. They are hard to dent but the "military grade" aluminum tears like the proverbial beer can. I wouldn't own one but they are great for the body shop business.
Yes thats what ive heard about the beer can deal. Some of my buddys that work Im Dearborn here at Ford headquarters in heavy truck said there working on that. Whatever that means? Lol. I myself have a 15’ SD metal body. It sits in the barn alot cuz i drive a service truck daily. when it does get the salt I keep it washed. I like my steel body SD.

TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
Yes thats what ive heard about the beer can deal. Some of my buddys that work Im Dearborn here at Ford headquarters in heavy truck said there working on that. Whatever that means? Lol. I myself have a 15’ SD metal body. It sits in the barn alot cuz i drive a service truck daily. when it does get the salt I keep it washed. I like my steel body SD.
Don't get me wrong. These are good trucks as long as they don't get hit but this is the sort of thing we deal with daily. First appointment today is the perfect example. Believe it or not this estimate is over $25,000.00 and the truck will likely end up being a total loss. The impact ripped rocker panel and transferred thru nearly to the center of the floor. A floor reinforcement is buckled and is not repairable. Ford doesn't service the floor or any floor reinforcements. Their procedures say we have to replace the cab assembly because of this damage.

I'll also add that all the 2015-2020 beds are discontinued except the 8' bed with the wheel opening moldings. Why you say? Because they are so weak that you have to replace the entire bed so much that the entire Ford inventory of these beds has been exhausted and they are not building any more. Soon those trucks will become totals from lack of replacement beds.

51930824940 c33c5b6ff6 c

51929221022 bea199b571 c

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Don't get me wrong. These are good trucks as long as they don't get hit but this is the sort of thing we deal with daily. First appointment today is the perfect example. Believe it or not this estimate is over $25,000.00 and the truck will likely end up being a total loss. The impact ripped rocker panel and transferred thru nearly to the center of the floor. A floor reinforcement is buckled and is not repairable. Ford doesn't service the floor or any floor reinforcements. Their procedures say we have to replace the cab assembly because of this damage.

I'll also add that all the 15-20 beds are discontinued except the 8' bed with the wheel opening moldings. Why you say? Because they are so weak that you have to replace the entire bed so much that the entire Ford inventory of these beds has been exhausted and they are not building any more. Soon those trucks will become totals from lack of replacement beds.

View attachment 323694

View attachment 323695
Yup ain't good

stellarpod

stellarpod

Lifetime Member
Apr 18, 2019
OKC, OK - USA
Ownership

1. Talon X
The Cummins/Allison combination would be great but trust me the Ford body is not all it's cracked up to be. Heavy on the cracked part. We work on them every day.

I've been a Ford truck guy my entire life. But, I would not buy one of the new aluminum-paneled Ford trucks. Of course, given the price, I wouldn't be able to anyway. Guess I'll keep my 2013 F150 Extended Cab 4x4 Lariat until the wheels fall off. It's only got 135k on it so it's barely broken in. 😁

Steve

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!