P1000 Clutch issue or valve issue.

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
Here's a different problem with my 2016 P1000 . Driving around easy when my machine shifts from 1 st to 2 nd it revs up a bit before engaging into 2 nd. . The weird part is that if I'm a bit harder on the gas it shifts instantly .it only seems to do this with tracks on. the other thing is it doesn't do this all the time. I don't notice anything in any other gear. I can be putting around and use the paddle shifter and it instantly up shifts.

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
Tracks throw a new wrinkle in there. I'm sure you've already tried a re-learn?
Yup did relearn. All I'm thinking is tracks are heavy and being easy on it it sometimes tends to make it act this way. No problems when tires are on. I've gotten used to it so as soon as I feel /hear the shift coming on I get a little harder on the gas and then it shifts fine. Kinda weird that it does this.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It kind of makes sense that the tracks would cause the DCT to adjust to a certain style/load and then if you go easy the DCT is setup to run hard.

You've got more than one winter on tracks, right?

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Like stated earlier, Tracks change everything On a machine. another buddy has them on his P1 and I was amazed at how much rpm he ran and the shifting pattern changes. Anther buddy has them on a rubber band machine and goes through rubber-bands like soiled underwear 😂
To answer your question, sounds like something in the DCT to me being your on tracks most if the time. How many miles on the machine Since the update?

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
It kind of makes sense that the tracks would cause the DCT to adjust to a certain style/load and then if you go easy the DCT is setup to run hard.

You've got more than one winter on tracks, right?
Second winter with tracks. It did this last winter occasinally as well. When I first bought it , the tracks that came with it were Mattracks. They were heavy ,due to them being heavy they used to always throw the EPS light on , which required shutting down the machine to get the EPS to work again. I sold them and bought used Can Am apache 360 Lts way lighter way easier to steer and they don't throw the EPS out of wack. Plus there wider. Mattracks were 11" wide all. These better floatation fronts are 12" wide rears are 14" wide plus rears are way longer. Still with the amount of snow we got this winter have to be careful, As soon as they start to spin it's time to stop and back out. Backing out in reverse is no problem as there geared way down. I figure about 45%. Tires are 27" track sprocket is 14" dia. All I know is this winter I wouldn't beable to move around with tires.

Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Here's a different problem with my 2016 P1000 . Driving around easy when my machine shifts from 1 st to 2 nd it revs up a bit before engaging into 2 nd. . The weird part is that if I'm a bit harder on the gas it shifts instantly .it only seems to do this with tracks on. the other thing is it doesn't do this all the time. I don't notice anything in any other gear. I can be putting around and use the paddle shifter and it instantly up shifts.
Have you had a tune installed yet ?

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
Like stated earlier, Tracks change everything On a machine. another buddy has them on his P1 and I was amazed at how much rpm he ran and the shifting pattern changes. Anther buddy has them on a rubber band machine and goes through rubber-bands like soiled underwear 😂
To answer your question, sounds like something in the DCT to me being your on tracks most if the time. How many miles on the machine Since the update?
In the winter I just use my machine around home to take dogs for exercise plus groom my trails. So it's usually in high and just putter around. Usually shifts into second and stays there. I've taken it down the road a few times but don't like how it revs even in 6 th. I've gone on a small ride across snow covered field but it needs to be in sport mode or it's forever upshifting and downshifting. Gas mileage sucks .
When I bought the machine the clutch update plus anything else had already been done. There was a couple things I had to take it in for as well. { extened warrenty was passed on to me . March of 2022 it's done.} My servicing is done by hrs not mileage. every 100 hrs . In summer mileage gets put on quickly. In winter mileage is almost double due to tracks but within the same amount of hrs.
It was bought with 10,000 klms [6000 miles] now have almost 20,000 klms [ 12,000 miles] since July of 2020. I use my machine lots. Previous 2 polaris sold with 16,000 klms and previous Pioneer 700 sold with 24,000 klms. the other3 had been bought new. Only used one is this P1000 . What I like is that with the Honda's there pretty much regular manitance and ride.

Reactions: Remington
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!