Clutches are dead yet again

XFRodriguez

XFRodriguez

Sep 20, 2016
Payson
Ownership

1. 1000-5
. I've fried my clutch packs for just climbing up and down hills with a heavy load. I also didn't know It is best to do all this in low gear. Lesson learned I guess. Now I drive low gear with manual everywhere. Runs like a dream and it shifts smoother manually. Are you running your P1000 all in low gear in these pictures?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
. I've fried my clutch packs for just climbing up and down hills with a heavy load. I also didn't know It is best to do all this in low gear. Lesson learned I guess. Now I drive low gear with manual everywhere. Runs like a dream and it shifts smoother manually. Are you running your P1000 all in low gear in these pictures?
I fried mine backing up a steep hill to haul fire wood with 168 miles on it. Won't do that again!

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

All those pics were definitely in low gear.

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
High range is for unloaded flat dirt roads and pavement only.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

J

JTW

Read the manual!

J

JTW

Butt!! HA!
I mean.. come on. They don't send us home with a book on them for nothing. Issues like that could easily be resolved with folks reading. That's not the issue with all machines... but the user error can be easily solved with a little reading.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I mean.. come on. They don't send us home with a book on them for nothing. Issues like that could easily be resolved with folks reading. That's not the issue with all machines... but the user error can be easily solved with a little reading.
Hey the sales people, get in them a hammer them, to put them out for display, Ive seen it every time I drop off ma S x S early in the morning, the sales should let you know. But the sales dept are dumb as a box of rocks!!!!!!!!!! I talked to one last Friday about the Fox shocks, about all he knew was it held the machine up. And that was at Heartland Honda in Springdale Arkansas. Good Lord!!!!

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hey the sales people, get in them a hammer them, to put them out for display, Ive seen it every time I drop off ma S x S early in the morning, the sales should let you know. But the sales dept are dumb as a box of rocks!!!!!!!!!! I talked to one last Friday about the Fox shocks, about all he knew was it held the machine up. And that was at Heartland Honda in Springdale Arkansas. Good Lord!!!!
And he was more worried about how clean his ear rings were? Where do they get these guys?????????????

Reactions: Neohio
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
And he was more worried about how clean his ear rings were? Where do they get these guys?????????????

Did you give him any tips on how you keep yours so clean?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Did you give him any tips on how you keep yours so clean?
Yes, take them out and let someone else wear them! Good grief all I wear is my wedding ring!

Reactions: nbomar

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!