Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I truely love the 1000 platform but it's already made me lose some loyalty never thought I'd go back to belt. 3600 miles between two 1000's, one good one not even close, so it's not all driving style like some people think unfortunately

I really think there are just some machines that have ghosts from day 1. I know driving and mods have an effect but some of this has to be chalked up to a problem from honda. I had to reprogram my tranny on week one but no problems ever since. I don't baby it and it has done everything i've asked. At 850 miles im hopeful that I wont run into any issues but if it weren't for bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all....

D

dilligaff82

Jan 24, 2017
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I can't say i'm not nervous though.....

Same here! I've had lots of small quality control issues with this thing (alignment, crooked steering wheel, brake light switch out of adjustment, door stops needed adjustment, drive mode cables needed adjustment, and drive mode indicator on dash STILL doesn't work) but so far all of the major components have been solid though. Fingers crossed.

C

Chet

Jun 23, 2017
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I run mine exactly like I run my Polaris with a belt drive... Under 10mph or heavy load use low range. High for everything else. Haven't had any issues yet. And whenever I let someone else drive it I tell them to run it that way. I'm not going to treat this thing like it's a fragile snowflake. If it breaks from "normal" day to day use then it ain't the machine for me. So far so good though.
I do the same thing and had no issues yet, but I worry about it every time I ride. I use mine mostly in the hills and mountains of WV on pipeline ROW's.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I truely love the 1000 platform but it's already made me lose some loyalty never thought I'd go back to belt. 3600 miles between two 1000's, one good one not even close, so it's not all driving style like some people think unfortunately
Man we need to take a collection and you swallow your pride and take it to the dealer ship, seriously , I'm in for $30.00

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Man we need to take a collection and you swallow your pride and take it to the dealer ship, seriously , I'm in for $30.00
Well that didn't really come off well, I know you are one heck of mechanic, I think your machine has issues that you can't repair, think it needs to go back to Honda and see what they screwed up. But we all hate to see you so miserable. Mine has been great since they chamfered the oil relief valves, your sounds like electrical issues. Man I share your pain.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Well that didn't really come off well, I know you are one heck of mechanic, I think your machine has issues that you can't repair, think it needs to go back to Honda and see what they screwed up. But we all hate to see you so miserable. Mine has been great since they chamfered the oil relief valves, your sounds like electrical issues. Man I share your pain.
Frustrated is all. We're dealing with it things can change

Reactions: Plumber32
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Frustrated is all. We're dealing with it things can change
They will and there will be a lot of knowledge that will come out of it for all. I know you can afford to take it to the dealership, but probably just don't trust them.

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
When I was buying my LE and the finance lady was trying to sell the extended warranty, she started around $1100 and I told her that I'd read online people were buying it for about 1/2 that just a few months ago. She came down to just under $900 but said that about a month ago, Honda increased the cost of the extended warranty. I made a comment that it must be due to the clutches that are failing - she just had this blank look on her face and said "You're the first person in here since the price has gone up that's put that together correctly."
Got my warranty for $640.00.

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Same here! I've had lots of small quality control issues with this thing (alignment, crooked steering wheel, brake light switch out of adjustment, door stops needed adjustment, drive mode cables needed adjustment, and drive mode indicator on dash STILL doesn't work) but so far all of the major components have been solid though. Fingers crossed.
You have described my machines' past problems to a Tee!!!
Edit...Driver's headlight was pointed way up in the sky and passenger's was pointed at the dirt. And had to replace about 20 fasteners of different types. But it hasn't actually broken down yet so...

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
You have described my machines' past problems to a Tee!!!
Edit...Driver's headlight was pointed way up in the sky and passenger's was pointed at the dirt. And had to replace about 20 fasteners of different types. But it hasn't actually broken down yet so...
When in turf mode , whats the dash supposed to look like?

Dean1K3

Dean1K3

May 24, 2017
Osteen Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Honda does use a torque converter in there DCT cars or at least my nephews does.
A torque converter would add more weight to a already heavy machine.[/QUOT
Do you have a second battery for the winch, or were you draining the main battery winching?

If the main battery drops below 12v (which can be done in seconds with a 4500lb winch) the clutch Solenoid cuts out making it easier to kill the clutches. Once the battery charges back the clutch solenoid engages again.

I have my accessories isolated from the main battery and a voltmeter to watch both batteries.

P1000m5 - The Mistress

View attachment 46540
i agree with the theory of needing a second battery to keep voltage to the clutch solenoid

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
When in turf mode , whats the dash supposed to look like?
IMG 0612

In turf mode, the filled in rear axles with the unfilled rear diff denote that both rear axles are pulling but are free to turn independently at different speeds. (Open rear diff). If in 2WD mode, the display would only change to a filled rear diff denoting that the rear axles are "locked". (Locked rear diff). 4WD keeps rear diffs and displays as they are but fills in front axles with front diff unfilled to denote locked rear diff plus two front axles able to turn independently at different speeds. 4WD Locked adds a filled in front diff on display denoting that all 4 wheels are geared together.

Last edited:

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'd have gone through the different modes and took pics but my machine is in need of cable adjustment for the 4WD system. Shifter position, actual wheels pulling and dash display are all disagreeing with what's actually happening.

Reactions: Luv4Chaos1
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
View attachment 51746
In turf mode, the filled in rear axles with the unfilled rear diff denote that both rear axles are pulling but are free to turn independently at different speeds. (Open rear diff). If in 2WD mode, the display would only change to a filled rear diff denoting that the rear axles are "locked". (Locked rear diff). 4WD keeps rear diffs and displays as they are but fills in front axles with front diff unfilled to denote locked rear diff plus two front axles able to turn independently at different speeds. 4WD Locked adds a filled in front diff on display denoting that all 4 wheels are geared together.
I never looked that close, Thanks

Reactions: 0860silverado

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!