Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
They move a lot but only Honda and I don't think they're one of the big dogs.
Well I hope they get you fixed up good though. Get out and have some fun

Reactions: pct and JTW
J

JTW

2 weeks!?!. @GlockMeister

That's how long it took my dealer, too.
Yeah... and I understood that the first time. But when you have a customer who's sold 5-6 machines so far for ya... and you know they had clutches slipping but you tell them they shouldn't bring it in back two weeks ago when they tried... and you give some bs excuse for why the clutches slipped and then magically stopped. I think I would try to get them in and taken care of a little sooner than 2 weeks. I know they're busy... but they're not that f***ing busy! And it's just the whole experience from the p500 until now.. it has seemed like I've heard more than one line of bulls*** from them... I just don't buy it. I think when they're getting $200 for regular oil changes, that take 15 minutes, they don't WANT to do a clutch warranty job. I don't think the service department wants to get into anything more than easy jobs!

advertisement
Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.
I think when they're getting $200 for regular oil changes, that take 15 minutes, they don't WANT to do a clutch warranty job. I don't think the service department wants to get into anything more than easy jobs!

Man, I hate changing oil / filters on the P1K. A total pain in the ass all the way....from removing the skid plate (so it doesn't get loaded with oil), to replacing the filters, to putting oil in and checking the level. They did an awful job of making them "maintenance friendly".
We charge 1.5 hours to do a full service on SxS's, and I have yet to get a P1K done in 1.5. I'm kind of fussy about it being done correctly though.

J

JTW

Man, I hate changing oil / filters on the P1K. A total pain in the ass all the way....from removing the skid plate (so it doesn't get loaded with oil), to replacing the filters, to putting oil in and checking the level. They did an awful job of making them "maintenance friendly".
We charge 1.5 hours to do a full service on SxS's, and I have yet to get a P1K done in 1.5. I'm kind of fussy about it being done correctly though.
Well my skid wasn't pulled and they didn't put the drain plug back in tight on the initial service. IT WAS DRIPPING OIL! So I for damn sure won't be taking it in for a regular oil change.

D

Dasmoeturhead

Well my skid wasn't pulled and they didn't put the drain plug back in tight on the initial service. IT WAS DRIPPING OIL! So I for damn sure won't be taking it in for a regular oil change.
Totally the reason I refuse to let any shop work on any of my stuff. There is absolutely no quality control. I do all my own work, and its done right and its clean when I'm finished. Believe it or not it wasn't just the military that instilled these work ethics into my routine, but the Dodge dealership I worked for did. In fact the shop foreman I worked under required us all to clean the vehicle that we worked on to be cleaner than when it came in. Pissed us off to have to add that extra 15 minutes of work, but it was good for customers. I got to the point of letting the customers know, that I would be charging them for one extra can of breakclean. Never had a complaint.
I doubt that happens in these days anymore.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Totally the reason I refuse to let any shop work on any of my stuff. There is absolutely no quality control. I do all my own work, and its done right and its clean when I'm finished. Believe it or not it wasn't just the military that instilled these work ethics into my routine, but the Dodge dealership I worked for did. In fact the shop foreman I worked under required us all to clean the vehicle that we worked on to be cleaner than when it came in. Pissed us off to have to add that extra 15 minutes of work, but it was good for customers. I got to the point of letting the customers know, that I would be charging them for one extra can of breakclean. Never had a complaint.
I doubt that happens in these days anymore.

Pisses me off when there's fingerprints all over my truck after I have the wheels aligned.

I'd be one of those willing to pay extra $5

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Pisses me off when there's fingerprints all over my truck after I have the wheels aligned.

I'd be one of those willing to pay extra $5
Or worse yet a big greasy footprint on the front bumper!!! I took it back and made them clean it off

Reactions: sharp and nbomar
moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had a dealership buy me an entire new carpet because the dips*** tech climbed in my car with no matter after stepping in dirty rear end grease. The whole truck stank like old gear oil. I was livid.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Just to let you know, if I were in engineering at Honda I would give you a machine with telemetry on it and a notebook and gain an invaluable source of data.
I'm afraid Honda took a look at some of his early videos posted publicly and made thier own conclusions. Moral of the story, it may have been a cool idea at the time but not if your are trying to get warranty work done afterwards. Bad machine or not appearance means a lot. Dont post everything you try. :confused:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!