Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Yeah.. I just don't get it. I mean they were slipping really bad. I would have bet money the material was gone. Then just as suddenly as they went out... abracadabra and they're holding like a champ! Mine isn't electrical.. I know exactly when and how they gave. What I don't get is how it's back. I'll change the oil and post pics but it sure doesn't make sense from what I understood of the issue.

OMG! THE RUSSIANS HACKED YOUR CLUTCHES!

C

cmueting

Jun 5, 2017
Illinois
Mine is doing the same thing. Did you get the machine wet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yeah.. I just don't get it. I mean they were slipping really bad. I would have bet money the material was gone. Then just as suddenly as they went out... abracadabra and they're holding like a champ! Mine isn't electrical.. I know exactly when and how they gave. What I don't get is how it's back. I'll change the oil and post pics but it sure doesn't make sense from what I understood of the issue.
[HASHTAG]#NOTMYCLUTCHES[/HASHTAG]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

J

JTW

And I haven't gotten around to changing the oil yet.. so that's good!

Reactions: pct
advertisement
J

JTW

Called the dealer today about the clutches slipping AGAIN... "oh it'll be two weeks before we can even get to it"... pretty pissed off and discouraged with the their handling of the situation! I knew it wasn't right two weeks ago but I couldn't explain the sudden stop of the slippage. Now here I am at least going to get them replaced but I'll be lucky if I have it back in a month! LESS THAN IMPRESSED!! This shouldn't be such a pain in the ass to get fixed!!! It's a problem and Honda knows it... I shouldn't have to sit around for two months before I get a working machine!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Called the dealer today about the clutches slipping AGAIN... "oh it'll be two weeks before we can even get to it"... pretty pissed off and discouraged with the their handling of the situation! I knew it wasn't right two weeks ago but I couldn't explain the sudden stop of the slippage. Now here I am at least going to get them replaced but I'll be lucky if I have it back in a month! LESS THAN IMPRESSED!! This shouldn't be such a pain in the ass to get fixed!!! It's a problem and Honda knows it... I shouldn't have to sit around for two months before I get a working machine!
They had mine for 2 months on 1st replacement at 164 miles and nearly 3 months the second replacement at about 1100 miles. So I know your frustration.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Sets 5 and 6 going in this week without factory support I know your frustrations here as well except for the waiting for them lol.

Last edited:
advertisement