0F66C7A1 53A5 45D3 8E21 81B1EAC09630

Firemedic530

Firemedic530

Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
West Jefferson, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That looks great. I was liking the idea of a one piece, but the places in town with the plastic in stock didn't have 60"wide. I didn't have time to wait because I wanted it done for TO. I will see you soon to look at it in person. I'm hitting the road now.

Rincon

Rincon

Jul 27, 2017
Yuba City, North California.State Of Jefferson
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Awesome job! As soon as I get some time.....................I'm going to do it! Anything, tips or tricks I should do from your installs? I really want to wrap around the sides towards the doors, and also want to try and incorporate something in the front wheel wells for sticks.

Reactions: BWAF
J

JTW

Awesome job! As soon as I get some time.....................I'm going to do it! Anything, tips or tricks I should do from your installs? I really want to wrap around the sides towards the doors, and also want to try and incorporate something in the front wheel wells for sticks.
Are you going one piece or a three piece?

Reactions: Rincon and BWAF
Firemedic530

Firemedic530

Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
West Jefferson, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I found that bending the 1/2" UHMW required a lot of heat and patience. When I tried to go too fast it would tear open and crack. That was my first piece. It still survived the TO, but looks bad and is weaker I'm sure. I used a torch to heat both sides of every bend until it was shiny and even burning a little. It worked ok, but then I switched to a plastic heat tube that my neighbor has for fabricating plastic. I had to let each piece sit for 15 minutes per side and then it bent like butter. My neighbor was supposed to bring home dies for his break and help me, but a family emergency prevented it. I used angle iron in the vice to hold for bending. I also found that it didn't like being reheated to try and adjust the bend. It would start cracking.
I routered all of the edges and countersunk the Honda washers 1/16" into the plastic. I also used 6mm nutzerts in the factory skids instead of self tapping screws.

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Really good skid plate I love mine
I jot the 1/2 trail armor skids hope to see them in a week or so will share pic when done!

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

CTDpower

CTDpower

Jul 21, 2016
Gypsum, Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey JTW, did you use the template that i made? I've sent it out to like 100 people but have yet to hear back from anyone whether or not it worked out for them. Can't remember if I sent it to you or not, but I was just curious. It worked for me, but it'd be nice to hear from somebody else lol... Sweet deal on the one piece btw. I went ahead and did the 3 piece on mine since a 5x10 was double the price of a 4x8 sheet. I actually still haven't even done my two slider pieces (too lazy). Now that the main part is covered I said F it and moved on lol.

J

JTW

Hey JTW, did you use the template that i made? I've sent it out to like 100 people but have yet to hear back from anyone whether or not it worked out for them. Can't remember if I sent it to you or not, but I was just curious. It worked for me, but it'd be nice to hear from somebody else lol... Sweet deal on the one piece btw. I went ahead and did the 3 piece on mine since a 5x10 was double the price of a 4x8 sheet. I actually still haven't even done my two slider pieces (too lazy). Now that the main part is covered I said F it and moved on lol.
No.. I did mine before you came up with measurements. Mine were based of @Cuoutdoors

Reactions: Cuoutdoors and BWAF
clifforeilly

clifforeilly

WFOSXS.com
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Oct 22, 2018
Goodhue MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey Guys,

I'm debating about DIY or just purchase ?

What would I have for $ into it if DIY ? How much time ?

Which one would be your recommendation if I decide to purchase ?

If DIY is a $200 savings I'll probably just purchase. $500 savings and I may be more inclined to DIY ?

Reactions: dnjones161
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey Guys,

I'm debating about DIY or just purchase ?

What would I have for $ into it if DIY ? How much time ?

Which one would be your recommendation if I decide to purchase ?

If DIY is a $200 savings I'll probably just purchase. $500 savings and I may be more inclined to DIY ?

Purchase, you will have a lot of time in DIY and unless you have a perfect pattern and a perfect cut on it the 1st time it’s not going to fit as well as Factory UTV or Trail Armor.

J

JTW

I did it myself because I wanted a one piece... I think I had $616 in the 5x10 sheet to my door.. and about another $100 in hardware. Plus a lot of time.
Doesn’t seem like a lot of savings, and isn’t really unless you compare apples to apples and to another one piece.

clifforeilly

clifforeilly

WFOSXS.com
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Oct 22, 2018
Goodhue MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I should add that I don't need a skid plate for 99% of the riding I do here in Minnesota . Getting ready for the takeover in April.

Reactions: JTW

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!