Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I understand the amount of space, security and usefulness of an enclosed trailer but I'd imagine your milage will suffer. Not a consideration I guess?

Going to be a trade off but knew it going in. Actually had a lot of drag with the ramp up on my landscape trailer too. Being able to pull in to a motel, restaurant or store and not have to worry about it will be worth it. Going out there in the dark and turning on the lights is nice and having all the gear and tools inside will save space in the truck too. No regrets yet, we'll see after this trip.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Pulled the machine in for the first time today to get a good location for the strap chocks that get bolted in. Also added two more traction mats for the rear tires to ride on. Didn't get a chance to tow it or test out the P5 due to having the sh**tiest weather ever. Rain, sleet, snow, freezing and then back to rain. Oh and 40 mph winds. Hope it's warm in TN. :cool:
Btw, have room to get all the way around the machine but that's about it, it filled it up in a hurry.
See you two should have ame down and stayed with us ;)

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I understand the amount of space, security and usefulness of an enclosed trailer but I'd imagine your milage will suffer. Not a consideration I guess?
I used to worry about mileage but it's not a huge difference going to an enclosed trailer and I think the pros out weigh the cons. If a few mpg makes the difference between being able to afford a trip vs not afford....I Probably shouldn't be going.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 3748

Yeah you guys left at the right time, what a sh** storm! :rolleyes:
We had grass on Friday and this is how it looks today, and it's heavy. The P5 was getting stopped in its tracks as soon as I hit the s*** the county plow threw in our driveway. They should have never plowed the roads. I bet most people are stranded in their driveways.

20180416 093359

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Fyi. Rear arm of Trimax will not fit backside due to lack of clearance between brake drum and rim. Any other suggestion/products? Picked up the roll of floor mat from Costco on sale.

88DFBC18 86AC 421F AAF6 4D5DE6177E59

Reactions: Biteme and BWAF
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
This is as far as I got for the takeover. Got strap chocks mounted and added traction mats. Weather's not cooperating and have other stuff to get ready, just ran out of time. Probably won't look this clean when we get back.

View attachment 72360 View attachment 72361
Still looks good brother! Glad we found those chock dementions for ya.;)

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Still looks good brother! Glad we found those chock dementions for ya.;)

Yeah I was searching and couldn't find anything other than strap length. Have the back plates now but didn't put them on last night, just bolted through floor for now. Where I have the trailer parked I had to put down a piece of ply to work off of to stay up out of the 4" of slush. Had the wife in the trailer holding the bolts down. Couldn't fit my chest under the trailer and could barely reach to put the washers and nuts on. Winter makes everything difficult, can't wait to pull out of here Thursday morning. :mad:

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yeah I was searching and couldn't find anything other than strap length. Have the back plates now but didn't put them on last night, just bolted through floor for now. Where I have the trailer parked I had to put down a piece of ply to work off of to stay up out of the 4" of slush. Had the wife in the trailer holding the bolts down. Couldn't fit my chest under the trailer and could barely reach to put the washers and nuts on. Winter makes everything difficult, can't wait to pull out of here Thursday morning. :mad:
Good lord! If I’d had known you were gona have such a time with that, I would have had you bring it down and pull it in my heated barn and we could have Finnished it up. I’ve ben there in that crappy slush/snow crap before I built the barn, it’s miserable.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Good lord! If I’d had known you were gona have such a time with that, I would have had you bring it down and pull it in my heated barn and we could have Finnished it up. I’ve ben there in that crappy slush/snow crap before I built the barn, it’s miserable.

Worked in it over the weekend and it'll be a wonder if I don't get sick, freezing rain and 40 mph winds, I was soaked. I'll use the four cargo hooks with ratchet straps for this trip just to be safe. Told the wife I need to build a pole barn, so I can fill it with crap and she won't be able to park in there either. :D

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Trailer looks good. I've been trying to convince the wife of selling our fifth wheel to get either a toy hauler or an enclosed trailer. She isn't on board. Yet. She says I need to sell a boat or some other of my toys then I can buy one. I keep trying to convince her that an enclosed trailer would make more sense. I could use it for work also. She knows I would fill it with tools and then want the toy hauler too. Lol. After 20 yrs she knows me too well.

urbancoyboyja

urbancoyboyja

Buckle Up, I Want To Try Something...
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 25, 2017
WV, USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Fyi. Rear arm of Trimax will not fit backside due to lack of clearance between brake drum and rim. Any other suggestion/products? Picked up the roll of floor mat from Costco on sale.

View attachment 72347
I just cut the threads off a hitch ball, stick it up in the coupler and lock it. They can still get it but will have to work for it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Wish they had a detachable tounge/coupler like on some boat trailers, it was the only way my boat trailer would fit in the garage. $30 insurance coverage for 6 months not bad, SF.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!