BOX1

P700 EPS recall done + fuel pump. Now it dies when driving.

T

Trevorblank46

Jun 26, 2022
Washington
Ownership

1. 700-2
Mine is progressively getting worse. It used to only ever do it after I had been running it for about an hour. Now it will sometimes start doing it right after I start it and start moving.

T

Trevorblank46

Jun 26, 2022
Washington
Ownership

1. 700-2
Did you try cleaning up the grounds and a new battery?
I cleaned up the grounds and put dielectric grease on both ends. Seemed to have helped for a little while. But is much worse now. I have not tried a new battery, this one is just over a year old and seems to be just fine. But if that's all it would take to solve this problem I'd try it.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Another FB group member having this issue. I can't cure cancer...but I at least sent him in the right direction by linking here. It sucks...but the more people that have a problem, the more likely Honda will address it with info.

For the record: I've done 4-5 rides on mine since the ground crimps and extra wires. Maybe 250 miles or something in pretty warm weather. No issues thus far.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Oh...and @Slackjaw, I want to apologize for pushing you to do the ignition switch. At the time, I had every indication that it had fixed mine, and one or two had said the same thing. Had mine had acted up sooner, we would have known that's not the case...and could have maybe saved you some money.

Slackjaw

Slackjaw

Feb 11, 2020
Durham NC
Ownership

1. 700-2
Oh...and @Slackjaw, I want to apologize for pushing you to do the ignition switch. At the time, I had every indication that it had fixed mine, and one or two had said the same thing. Had mine had acted up sooner, we would have known that's not the case...and could have maybe saved you some money.
The dealership replaced it at my suggestion.
Warranty.

FeelinRecless

FeelinRecless

Lifetime Member
Jun 7, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 700-4
I am at about 150 miles, in hot weather, (around 90*+), with no issues yet. The only real repair that I know was made, was replacing a broken clip on the wiring harness from the fuel pump recall, and all grounds were checked and tightened.

Last edited:
F

Flyingzook

Jul 10, 2019
Australia
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I am in Australia too. It is a known issue at least with some dealers. Yours should ring around. Mine has not missed a beat for months now (touch wood). No engine cutout for months since the fix below. Plenty of slow work mustering sheep etc.
PCM was replaced. New wiring harness and a new dedicated earth installed separate to the wiring harness.
I think another dealer suggested the fix to my dealer

Our buggy through a proper wobbly on a ride a while back. It started as dropping out every time it changed gears, so went to manual mode but after a while it wouldn’t even stay running in neutral. Had to tow it home with a Ute. Booked into our dealer and just got it back yesterday. The dealer did admit that like AUSXS said a few dealerships and Honda Australia are aware of the issue but no 100% known fix. They did a complete wiring harness replacement and put a few extra earths. We will just have to see how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
To update, I've been on several rides now. I wish I had documented the miles, but I didn't. I'd guess 3-400 miles in pretty warm weather. No issues since the re-crimp/extra ground work. Fingers crossed...

FeelinRecless

FeelinRecless

Lifetime Member
Jun 7, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 700-4
I haven’t been on many rides since my last update, but no issues here either

Reactions: FJC 79
Slackjaw

Slackjaw

Feb 11, 2020
Durham NC
Ownership

1. 700-2
Gathered some firewood last weekend.
First time I've used the machine for actual work in months. Of course, it started stalling out over and over again. Reboot of the display etc. I took videos. Probably just going to sell it soon. I just don't have the patience for this.
My state allows UTV's to be street legal so I may replace it with something more suited for that, gearing and speed wise.

PXL 20221015 170342789

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Gathered some firewood last weekend.
First time I've used the machine for actual work in months. Of course, it started stalling out over and over again. Reboot of the display etc. I took videos. Probably just going to sell it soon. I just don't have the patience for this.
My state allows UTV's to be street legal so I may replace it with something more suited for that, gearing and speed wise.

View attachment 359438
Again, can't blame you. Any ideas on what you're buying?

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!