P1000 Exhaust burning smell

P

Pioneer1000Dan

Feb 22, 2022
Usa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Had at 2020 1000-5 serviced at 1500 miles noticed a burning smell coming from exhaust under hard acceleration. Figured they overfilled it so I changed it myself again. Should never of trusted anyone else. Still a burning smell but seems better. Anyone notice smelly exhaust on these. No smoke etc just smells burning.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Not after the first few runs while new.
Have you checked the air filter to see if the crank breather pushed oil into it.

Regarding changing the oil.
Did you drain both drains and put the correct amount back in? Oil tank and oil pan?
And, just to make sure, there is a 3rd drain (most forward) its for the sub-transmission. Dont drain it by mistake.

P

Pioneer1000Dan

Feb 22, 2022
Usa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not after the first few runs while new.
Have you checked the air filter to see if the crank breather pushed oil into it.

Regarding changing the oil.
Did you drain both drains and put the correct amount back in? Oil tank and oil pan?
And, just to make sure, there is a 3rd drain (most forward) its for the sub-transmission. Dont drain it by mistake.
Yeah seems to have the correct amount of oil now. I didn't drain the subtrans. But will check the air box. Any chance you think it could be bad plugs at only 1500 miles?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!