BOX1

Talon First Talon Ride Event Next Week... Review coming soon!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Sorry. Your confusing my driving capability with your own.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Well hammer down and don’t break things:cool:

Reactions: nbomar
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Actually no, someone else has already tore the front end out of one. Nothing says Leeroy Jenkins better than coming up short on a double jump in borrowed equipment. LMAO.
Exactly. There is a difference between seeing how well a machine can perform its intended purpose versus seeing what the failure point is. Despite some opinions there is really no reason for the latter in this situation. Nothing like driver failure resulting in machine failure and looking like a total idiot.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I was throughly joking about tearing the front end off. Seems there’s some stuffy riders out there lol. I wouldn’t go out with intention on damage but would go through the paces.
All meaning is ride it hard.
I remember in the Dirt Wheels article and another I had read it mentioned that the Honda copilot encouraged running it harder then they were and said to wide open throttle through a section. So if Honda says run it hard I’d be for doing that. Its a sport not a Pioneer so let’s see what it’s got. Some will never see what a Pioneer can do much less the Talon. Many are buying it for that and not some cushy stay on the dirt road away from puddles ride. I’d like to see someone bouncing that through the woods, personally have no care about sand riding at high speed

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I watched a video on FB last night and they just started going through some small whoops and chatter and and the in cab video was pretty violent. Video just stopped barely in the run. I was thinking last night from the video they might have endo'ed or broke it to cut the video so soon. I went back trying to find the video and it was gone.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I watched a video on FB last night and they just started going through some small whoops and chatter and and the in cab video was pretty violent. Video just stopped barely in the run. I was thinking last night from the video they might have endo'ed or broke it to cut the video so soon. I went back trying to find the video and it was gone.

Much better video, 105 miles in 6 hours riding. Ending comment, he didn't miss his X3 with 178hp.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
To the LE I-4WD haters. .....

Screenshot 20190305 120724 Facebook

Suck on these :D
FB IMG 1551808744167

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I watched that vid and was thinking the whole time, "damn, @CumminsPusher is going to own this thing before he knows it" :D
Ya that review added a little smile. Been waiting for those guys to get one. Still not excited about a first year but am definitely leaning towards the Talon. Have been for a bit. Waiting to see dependability.

Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Much better video, 105 miles in 6 hours riding. Ending comment, he didn't miss his X3 with 178hp.

I think his X3 is pushing around 260HP... and your right, he said he didnt miss it on these trails. They were very impressed with the engine and transmission as well as the chassis

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Even the ad videos looked pretty rough.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Agreed. My main concern is the ride. I think the power is there and drive train is fine.
Based on video commentary it appears the setup was designed to maintain driver control when driving aggressively. That being said backing off the spring preload a bit while dampening and rebound set on 1 (soft) should offer a more compliant ride at non aggressive driving speeds.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Pretty sure Fox and some of the other shock guys will have a package to re-spring and/or re-valve the shocks. Usually the shocks are spec'ed by the manufacture to build to and are for worse case scenarios and load capacity. There's multiple kits for all the other brands that make a pretty big difference.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Pretty sure Fox and some of the other shock guys will have a package to re-spring and/or re-valve the shocks. Usually the shocks are spec'ed by the manufacture to build to and are for worse case scenarios and load capacity. There's multiple kits for all the other brands that make a pretty big difference.

Absolutely as does a good set of dual rate springs for the correct weight and driving style. They can make a big difference on the cheap.

Reactions: snuffnwhisky
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Had to watch that video again. Absolutely bad ass off the comments. I really like how they kept saying it handled flat and was poised for the next corner, especially considering they were on the x.
They always gets a little jacked up for a different ride but could tell they were very impressed. Actually having a hard time describing things which is good. That was best feedback yet by far.
Awesome job on that video, they made you feel a part of the ride. And btw that thing sounds amazing for stock.

Talonpalooza

Talonpalooza

Feb 25, 2019
Michigan
Ownership

1. Talon X
So far ALL the videos I have watched are very encouraging. I don't understand why some people are making negative comments based on nothing anyone is saying. The SXSblog guys are straight shooters. You can tell, they are impressed. All of them ride performance machines and for them to walk away saying the power and torque is there, that says a lot. If Honda combines this performance with reliability, they will put a big dent in the sport SXS market. I have an X on order, and I can tell you I am more encouraged based on feedback coming from Utah.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
So far ALL the videos I have watched are very encouraging. I don't understand why some people are making negative comments based on nothing anyone is saying. The SXSblog guys are straight shooters. You can tell, they are impressed. All of them ride performance machines and for them to walk away saying the power and torque is there, that says a lot. If Honda combines this performance with reliability, they will put a big dent in the sport SXS market. I have an X on order, and I can tell you I am more encouraged based on feedback coming from Utah.
I'm sure! The stock shocks are probably great for most riders, if the stock shocks are quality entry level shocks, they may be able to be sent off for mods?

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!