Talon First Talon Ride Event Next Week... Review coming soon!

Razorback

Razorback

Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2015
Van Buren, AR
Ownership

1. Talon X
One of the first things a lot are going to change will be to go to bigger, more aggressive tires. That's what I'm wanting to see is how the power, trans and suspension hold up to that. The suspension may be great with stock tires, but add the extra weight being pounded around and it all changes.

Reactions: JTW
Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Absolutely as does a good set of dual rate springs for the correct weight and driving style. They can make a big difference on the cheap.
First off I like the machine and who knows I may end up with one. That being said if I'm paying 20K+ I don't want to have to go buy shocks to fix the ride. Maybe it's fine. Also I want to to see some reviews from east coast riding.
Again I really like the machine so far just want to see more testing and opinions. The video was great though.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
First off I like the machine and who knows I may end up with one. That being said if I'm paying 20K+ I don't want to have to go buy shocks to fix the ride. Maybe it's fine. Also I want to to see some reviews from east coast riding.
Again I really like the machine so far just want to see more testing and opinions. The video was great though.
Think it all depends if you are a suspension freak! HA!

Reactions: Cyberjunk
C

Christepher

Oct 10, 2018
PE Canada
Ownership

1. Talon X
So far ALL the videos I have watched are very encouraging. I don't understand why some people are making negative comments based on nothing anyone is saying. The SXSblog guys are straight shooters. You can tell, they are impressed. All of them ride performance machines and for them to walk away saying the power and torque is there, that says a lot. If Honda combines this performance with reliability, they will put a big dent in the sport SXS market. I have an X on order, and I can tell you I am more encouraged based on feedback coming from Utah.

I am that more excited to get mine as well.. even though its $30k here after taxes.. I don't care.. its gonna be a beast around this part of the country..

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I am that more excited to get mine as well.. even though its $30k here after taxes.. I don't care.. its gonna be a beast around this part of the country..
You getting the X or R?

Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon x4
The fishers are live giving there review , I feel there catering to there sponsors on there review , just my thoughts from all the reviews so far that I have seen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got that feeling as well.

Reactions: Plumber32
Cyberjunk

Cyberjunk

Berserker
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2017
Crane Hill Alabama
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 700-4
Well could be , just the way there commenting there choosing there words carefully

Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
The fishers are live giving there review , I feel there catering to there sponsors on there review , just my thoughts from all the reviews so far that I have seen

I like watching them but that's what they do. Benjamins

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

They ought to be like politicians and NASCAR, make them wear a jacket with all thier sponsors who already bought and paid for their opinions, that way before even opening their mouth you know where the loyalty lies.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I just watched that too. They were the only ones that didn't have the same review. They weren't dogging it, but weren't blown away. In reality it's not a mind blowing unit like a 200hp turbo nor was it meant to be. I think the end he said it was a pioneer on steroids. Which in that case I'd love.

Cyberjunk

Cyberjunk

Berserker
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2017
Crane Hill Alabama
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 700-4
I just watched that too. They were the only ones that didn't have the same review. They weren't dogging it, but weren't blown away. In reality it's not a mind blowing unit like a 200hp turbo nor was it meant to be. I think the end he said it was a pioneer on steroids. Which in that case I'd love.

And if your looking for a over the top machine that was going to run away in every way from the other units , the talon never claimed that . They stated what every one that are not a speed junkie , reliability , ability to climb aggressively , and comfort . The machine meets that and exceeds it .

Talonpalooza

Talonpalooza

Feb 25, 2019
Michigan
Ownership

1. Talon X
And if your looking for a over the top machine that was going to run away in every way from the other units , the talon never claimed that . They stated what every one that are not a speed junkie , reliability , ability to climb aggressively , and comfort . The machine meets that and exceeds it .

Most reviews are very positive. For those looking for a desert warrior with 175 hp there are other machines out there for that. Maybe someday Honda will have that as well. Right now, this was meant for Honda to break into the sport SXS market. I think they did a great job with styling and substance. I think they are ahead of curve for technology in a SXS and for offering more refinement in cabin.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Most reviews are very positive. For those looking for a desert warrior with 175 hp there are other machines out there for that. Maybe someday Honda will have that as well. Right now, this was meant for Honda to break into the sport SXS market. I think they did a great job with styling and substance. I think they are ahead of curve for technology in a SXS and for offering more refinement in cabin.
Well the Talon is turbo ready so it’ll probably work for the desert guys too if the clutches do hold up to it. I’m sure like Yami they are just not going to come from showroom turboed so there’s no responsibility for people’s stupidity. Lawyers...

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!