Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Bad ass. May have to visit pull a part.

If ya could find a good deal on one holy crap right? At that point I'd consider installing one in the nose too for road use. Surely you'd have some fun with that!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
That's what I thought too. Then I got those Walker Evans on the front and the back shocks felt terrible! If you keep the pace slow, and the rear shocks aren't that bad.
Same here. Once you get decent shocks on the front those rear shocks feel like s$#T.
It's totally worth doing just the fronts - but .... you'll see ! Lol

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Same here. Once you get decent shocks on the front those rear shocks feel like s$#T.
It's totally worth doing just the fronts - but .... you'll see ! Lol

Ghost have you run much payload with those yet?

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
Ghost have you run much payload with those yet?
Yeah - good question.
I had a full load of firewood - probably over the 1ooo limit in total payload and the wheels were rubbing. So I had to dump some of the wood. I could have made the trip with the auto-levellers. I still had close to 1000 lbs and the ride was waaaaayyyy better than the stock shocks.
Since then I added the High Lifter so I expect the rubbing will not be an issue but have not a full load test yet.

I need to (like to) carry heavy loads at times but I'm not putting those stock shocks back on. I'm not too concerned.

Oh - also - i didnt adjust the pre-load with that heavy load - that might have fixed me up too.

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yeah - good question.
I had a full load of firewood - probably over the 1ooo limit in total payload and the wheels were rubbing. So I had to dump some of the wood. I could have made the trip with the auto-levellers. I still had close to 1000 lbs and the ride was waaaaayyyy better than the stock shocks.
Since then I added the High Lifter so I expect the rubbing will not be an issue but have not a full load test yet.

I need to (like to) carry heavy loads at times but I'm not putting those stock shocks back on. I'm not too concerned.

Oh - also - i didnt adjust the pre-load with that heavy load - that might have fixed me up too.
That's great feedback! This is flat out where I'm at with the rears. You think with the lift and adjusted hard it would be pretty good with 1000 pounds? How's the sway? Have you towed yet?

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
That's great feedback! This is flat out where I'm at with the rears. You think with the lift and adjusted hard it would be pretty good with 1000 pounds? How's the sway? Have you towed yet?
Yup - havent tried it yet but how could it not be better than stock? I think it'll be good, Will know more later.
Sway bar is removed. I wasnt sure I liked it without swaybar on stock shocks but with the Elkas I dont notice sway most of the time. Of course with a heavy load your gonna feel it but less than stocks.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I would like a pre-load adjustment on the dash. Oh what the heck - put the rebound and compression adjustments there too.
Curious if the 1000 Le is still rated the same. Understand that people say kill off the rears to but damn they've done a good job adjusting. Need to still use it but your comments help.

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
Curious if the 1000 Le is still rated the same. Understand that people say kill off the rears to but damn they've done a good job adjusting. Need to still use it but your comments help.
According to the promotional info I have seen all P1Ks are still rated for 1000lb.
It makes sense to try just the fronts first. You never know - that setup might be good for some people. I just got into a spendy mood around christmas time and ordered all 4. That felt gooood :D

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
According to the promotional info I have seen all P1Ks are still rated for 1000lb.
It makes sense to try just the fronts first. You never know - that setup might be good for some people. I just got into a spendy mood around christmas time and ordered all 4. That felt gooood :D
I'm not saying I won't lol! Couldn't right now anyways but just not sure yet. I'd like to hear more as you and a few others use the machine more.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Alright you dumb a$$ shock buyers let's see the hardware. Mine didn't come in today! Dealer said maybe in the morning- Ups truck didn't have mine today.

I'm not getting the results if my stupid spending till tomorrow lol. Damn snow! I was hoping you did.

Reactions: Tigermark and JTW
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!