Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I think it's been confirmed a time or two but somehow gets unconfirmed for no reason.

If someone reads the microfiche it's confusing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Windrock1000
Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
JTW. Tapatalk is a app for phones and most all forums use Tapatalk. Free app

Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
Just go to App Store and get the app it's free. Then search for the forum and click on it.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
Looks like this 289de2d395c27105186d8b25ff021191

Reactions: nbomar and JTW
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If someone reads the microfiche it's confusing.

Sorry I'm probably one of them that brought up the parts diagram was show quantity 2 was need. I'm glad they are coming as a set. Enjoy.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
Yeah - good question.
I had a full load of firewood - probably over the 1ooo limit in total payload and the wheels were rubbing. So I had to dump some of the wood. I could have made the trip with the auto-levellers. I still had close to 1000 lbs and the ride was waaaaayyyy better than the stock shocks.
Since then I added the High Lifter so I expect the rubbing will not be an issue but have not a full load test yet.

I need to (like to) carry heavy loads at times but I'm not putting those stock shocks back on. I'm not too concerned.

Oh - also - i didnt adjust the pre-load with that heavy load - that might have fixed me up too.
Wow!
I would like to retract any reservations I had about these Elka shocks. Got them tuned in and they feel great. Picked up a FULL load of firewood today and definitely performed better than stock self levellers. @CumminsPusher

When I made the comments above I had not done any tuning. I still have tuning and testing to do - I have hardly done any due to the crazy weather we've had. I just could leave that out there what I said before.

I'm not sure about the lift helping on a heavy load either. Lift was going on anyway and I'll probably keep it. I just did not have the preload correct before - that was the main problem with the rubbing.

J

JTW

Wow!
I would like to retract any reservations I had about these Elka shocks. Got them tuned in and they feel great. Picked up a FULL load of firewood today and definitely performed better than stock self levellers. @CumminsPusher

When I made the comments above I had not done any tuning. I still have tuning and testing to do - I have hardly done any due to the crazy weather we've had. I just could leave that out there what I said before.

I'm not sure about the lift helping on a heavy load either. Lift was going on anyway and I'll probably keep it. I just did not have the preload correct before - that was the main problem with the rubbing.
Good to know!!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Wow!

What's that add to the price of the Pioneer??

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Wow!

That's great to hear!

Talywacker

Talywacker

Apr 5, 2016
Montreal, Canada
Hi guys. I'm looking into purchasing the fox shocks. How are they performing and does it eliminate the self leveling for the rear?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Hi guys. I'm looking into purchasing the fox shocks. How are they performing and does it eliminate the self leveling for the rear?

So far only one review in from @hondabob and it's real good. Myself and @Windrock1000 haven't had time on them yet. Self leveling will be gone yes

Talywacker

Talywacker

Apr 5, 2016
Montreal, Canada
Thanks for the fast reply. Bothers me to lose the self leveling for the rear. Do you think that it would work well if I would only get the front shocks?

Test - Grid

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!