garmin basecamp help

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
im trying to load the north cumberland maps onto base camp but the files from gpsfiledepot are typ and img and i cant get them to load on basecamp lol i F#CKING hate computers so if you know how to do it i need to be talked to like a 5 year old because its like Chinese to me lol

Reactions: JTW
Spellmajr

Spellmajr

Jul 10, 2016
North MS
Ownership

1. 500
I love basemap from a hunting standpoint it's amazing especially for a big piece of public land. It gives you directions on gps file depot on how to convert them to basemap

Spellmajr

Spellmajr

Jul 10, 2016
North MS
Ownership

1. 500
I don't remember off hand how to do it. But I do remember there being directions but you have to read for them. Wish I had my computer or I would find it for you.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
im trying to load the north cumberland maps onto base camp but the files from gpsfiledepot are typ and img and i cant get them to load on basecamp lol i F#CKING hate computers so if you know how to do it i need to be talked to like a 5 year old because its like Chinese to me lol

對不起我不會說中文

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
oh i had no problem with the entire wv trail system which was a gpx file pretty much click and drag lol my kinda map lol but this is a different file type but says its garmin compatible but it wont give me any options to load it

Reactions: Spellmajr
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Seriously though I have gotten that to work with Basecamp but my Garmin screwed up. But if I remember correctly I just loaded into the GPS using the program and selected it as an overlay with the typical road map. It them showed trails and roads with all POI on it.

On the Android app Oruxmaps we had to rename a file extension but not for the Garmin, it just worked.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
There is directions in the gpsfilesdepot readme file after you extracted it. Did you read It? Most don't and it has step by step directions. Like the Owner's manual on the Pioneers, thousands ask questions on Facebook when the answer is sitting with the machine.

When all else fails R.T.F.M.

Reactions: JTW
jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
Seriously though I have gotten that to work with Basecamp but my Garmin screwed up. But if I remember correctly I just loaded into the GPS using the program and selected it as an overlay with the typical road map. It them showed trails and roads with all POI on it.

On the Android app Oruxmaps we had to rename a file extension but not for the Garmin, it just worked.
???????? what lol

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
There is directions in the gpsfilesdepot readme file after you extracted it. Did you read It? Most don't and it has step by step directions. Like the Owner's manual on the Pioneers, thousands ask questions on Facebook when the answer is sitting with the machine.

When all else fails R.T.F.M.
yes i have a few times but the tutorial is for an older version and doesnt match up like i was saying gpx files are just click and drag thats my limitations ...... lmfao my wife is a programmer but i wont let her touch my alienwares cuz she always messes with sh!t lol

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
???????? what lol
Just trade your Garmin for this.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
From Base camp technical support.
1337117681040 8492075

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
@JACKAL next group ride ill bring everything for you to play with lol

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I will try to see how it worked on my PC with my Montana this weekend maybe I can fumble around and figure it out, haven't loaded anything on that GPS for over 4 years, it always worked for me never had to mess with it.

Reactions: jak9922
jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
I will try to see how it worked on my PC with my Montana this weekend maybe I can fumble around and figure it out, haven't loaded anything on that GPS for over 4 years, it always worked for me never had to mess with it.
i used it for wv trails and it worked perfectly even downloaded all the Birdseye for the area but havent needed to use sense but i know im going back to royal blue i loved the place and really want to get them loaded up but no rush take your time

Reactions: JACKAL
Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Move out of the way! I'm lost?
Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

How old is the computer? I've got a 3 month old one and it will not load on Windows 10 or edge. If you read the instructions on gpsdepot. It tells you to load it as my trails if it want load the initial setup. Got it to do that but it does not overlay correctly. Get momma to fix it! It loads on the 8 year old no problem

Reactions: jak9922 and JACKAL