Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I hope you guys are serious, well some of you! ........That would be hilarious.

Today he had to make 3 trips from his truck to the porch , he was pissed. There are two other videos from today that I didn't bother posting , wasn't much to see/hear.

I will be increasing the record time on that camera , just so I don't miss any of the conversation that he has with himself!
Better yet if the boxes were sent signature required and when they arrive refuse them to go back. Somebody might go postal. :p

Postal

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
Anyone tried the Arlo cameras on satellite internet?
My advertised upload speed is 1 Mbps which is Arlos min requirement...

Reactions: BWAF
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone tried the Arlo cameras on satellite internet?
My advertised upload speed is 1 Mbps which is Arlos min requirement...

You’re gonna be lucky to get “live” video at any kind of decent frame rate or resolution with only a mb upload.

We have 10/1 DSL and I had to get a Verizon LTE router to be able to view any of my cameras at all. It’s 40/40 but only 15GB/month and $10/month.

We CAN get Satellite internet but where we’re at it’s ridiculously expensive because we’re not far enough out in the boonies.

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
You’re gonna be lucky to get “live” video at any kind of decent frame rate or resolution with only a mb upload.

We have 10/1 DSL and I had to get a Verizon LTE router to be able to view any of my cameras at all. It’s 40/40 but only 15GB/month and $10/month.

We CAN get Satellite internet but where we’re at it’s ridiculously expensive because we’re not far enough out in the boonies.
I figured as much...
Satellite is our only option.
I guess Ill have to look at the more traditional camera systems with local storage. I really liked wireless flexibilty of Arlo.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I figured as much...
Satellite is our only option.
I guess Ill have to look at the more traditional camera systems with local storage. I really liked wireless flexibilty of Arlo.
We only had 1.5/.25 When we moved in, local storage was only option.

Look at HikVision they are a SOLID contender in the residential small commercial market they have wireless cameras, Hanwha Techwin (Samsung) is a step up with their residential lineup which includes wireless camereas and their commercial equipment is way beyond HikVision. Both of them let you make big upgrades in camera quality IF you choose. They both should have IR sensitive cameras for night shots and most of the IR illuminators on Amazon are decent and will work with the cameras.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

I use exede satellite internet, with thier new satellite I am on a 100MB down and 5MB up bandwith connection with unlimited data for $150 a month. I've had grandkids streaming Netflix in HD on 2 TV no problems concurrently.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I use exede satellite internet, with thier new satellite I am on a 100MB down and 5MB up bandwith connection with unlimited data for $150 a month. I've had grandkids streaming Netflix in HD on 2 TV no problems concurrently.

Yup where were at that’s $150 jumps to $200 after 3 months. That’d quadruple our internet cost. Guy at work only pays $100 for the same package after 3 months because of the area he’s in.

Already considered ordering it there and moving it to my house but they HAVE to do the install.

Reactions: Caper and BWAF
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Yup where were at that’s $150 jumps to $200 after 3 months. That’d quadruple our internet cost. Guy at work only pays $100 for the same package after 3 months because of the area he’s in.

Already considered ordering it there and moving it to my house but they HAVE to do the install.

I had to redo everything when they finished my house, siding guy took the damn thing off and just screwed it back in. Anyway I am pretty sure I still have access to thier software (phone app) and I ended up doing mine all over, took less than 15 minutes to get up and running. I wrote all the access codes on my router box for reference to use the software to get best bandwidth and signal. Now I lose my Dish network. TV way before I lose internet in the storms, go figure.

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
I would get that if it was available here.
I'm on 10Mb down and 1Mb up. Apparently a new satellite is going up this year that will service this area - hopefully better plans to come my way.

Reactions: Caper and BWAF
D

Deleted member 3748

If I was LE and someone was stealing basic needs, I’d let them go and pay for it.

If they were stealing crab legs and booze that a-hole would be going to jail and eat powdered eggs and offbrand jello.
I actually prefer Chello. :D

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I would get that if it was available here.
I'm on 10Mb down and 1Mb up. Apparently a new satellite is going up this year that will service this area - hopefully better plans to come my way.
I bought the Arlo pro. But I have wi-fi. Not a friend in Alberta has one at his ranch and uses a cell signal to send the pictures. They will work a long way from the base. Mostly deer pictures but he did catch one guy delivering something. Haha
Caper

Reactions: Chooglin
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
what an ASS I very literally had half a UPS truck delivered to my house on Friday, 39 packages. Material for a work project, new well water treatment, and had lightning damage a lot of electronics, and everything showed up at same time. UPS guys was nice cordial helped me carry everything into garage.

We've been TRYING to get USPS to deliver packages to the house for 2 years, and it is always some excuse from the postal workers union. Post office workers are super nice though, we walk in and they just go get our stuff say hello and hand it to us, even if there is a long line.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!