P1000 Honda Warn winch and plow system

R

Rkoz325

Jul 26, 2017
NY
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hello, I'm going to get a 2018 LE when they arrive and I had a few questions about the Honda warn winch and plow system. What model winch is the Honda version? I was thinking about getting one purchased through the dealer and was wondering if it is worth it. Also, the warn plow system. Is it good? Any reviews good or bad? I have search the forums and read about a bunch of plows but haven't found exactly what I'm looking to find out.
The main question is about the plow mount. Can it be left installed and not interfere with riding? Does anyone have front view pictures of the mount installed without the plow? Once the plow mount is installed, how tough is it to install the actual plow when it comes time to use it.

Thank you everyone in advance

Reactions: sharp
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have the Warn winch and went with a Moose plow. Don't know how they compare with the Honda versions but the plow is very easy to install the plow and the mount bracket under the machine is so small that unless I did a bunch of rock crawling or just hitting lots of rocks, I'd leave it on. I've never taken mine off since I only ride farm roads and around our fields.

Reactions: sharp
Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.
The Honda accessory winch and plow set-up is Warn Provantage. They have a well built plow, and you are able to leave the plow mount on the machine without it interfering with ground clearance. To install or remove the plow, there are 2 pins and the winch hook, that's it.

Reactions: sharp and cutt69
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Hello, I'm going to get a 2018 LE when they arrive and I had a few questions about the Honda warn winch and plow system. What model winch is the Honda version? I was thinking about getting one purchased through the dealer and was wondering if it is worth it. Also, the warn plow system. Is it good? Any reviews good or bad? I have search the forums and read about a bunch of plows but haven't found exactly what I'm looking to find out.
The main question is about the plow mount. Can it be left installed and not interfere with riding? Does anyone have front view pictures of the mount installed without the plow? Once the plow mount is installed, how tough is it to install the actual plow when it comes time to use it.

Here is the specifics of each item right from the website, hope this info helps. It's good stuff but a bit pricey. After clicking below select WINCH / PLOW / TOWING to bring up the items you are looking for.

2018 Pioneer - Honda Powersports

P.S. for a 2018 LE you are likely looking at November or later, only the 1000-3 EPS and 1000-5D are coming off the line and hitting dealers about the first week of October, The Base models for 2017 have too much inventory, don't know about the LE but suspect once the 2017 stock sells low then they will start a run of the LE's to fill demand.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

In my opinion you should get a winch and plow mount cheaper than from the dealer. However, if you want to pick up a machine ready to work, it's probably worth the cost.

I have a Warn Pro vantage 4500 and the Honda 4000lb winch. They are not the same. I broke my Honda Warn winch (which was my fault) and Warn had a hard time finding parts for it.

Anyway, with the PV4500 and the Honda winch on the work bench next to each other, they are different.

Last edited:
Reactions: elkguide and sharp
R

Rkoz325

Jul 26, 2017
NY
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Thank you for your replies. I'll contact the dealer tomorrow for an update. They did say October for a delivery date.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!