JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
And for that group of people let me just mension that by not saying a word @Smitty335 is starting to look smarter than the lot of you.
Download 1

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
So the entertainment value of this thread is starting to wear thin.
If you are reading this trying to decide if I-4wd is any good I'm sorry but you have waisted your time.

There are some who have actually driven the system and are pro I-4wd based on there experience.
And the system is probably well matched to there use case and they are able to enjoy the advantages of the system.

There are only a few (maybe just 1) who are anti-I-4wd and have actually been close enough to one to know something about it.
And for them there is the torque locker (it has it's own issues but it solves more issues than it creates, I have one in my p500).

Then there is a large group who have a lot to say but are partly wrong to just plain wrong.
And for that group of people let me just mention that by not saying a word @Smitty335 is starting to look smarter than the lot of you.
🧑‍🎓

J80

J80

Lifetime Member
Dec 29, 2018
WNC
If you are reading this trying to decide if I-4wd is any good I'm sorry but you have waisted your time.

There are some who have actually driven the system and are pro I-4wd based on there experience.
And the system is probably well matched to there use case and they are able to enjoy the advantages of the system.

There are only a few (maybe just 1) who are anti-I-4wd and have actually been close enough to one to know something about it.
And for them there is the torque locker (it has it's own issues but it solves more issues than it creates, I have one in my p500).

Then there is a large group who have a lot to say but are partly wrong to just plain wrong.
And for that group of people let me just mention that by not saying a word @Smitty335 is starting to look smarter than the lot of you.
Clearly someone pee peed in yo Cheerios 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣And Smitty is smarter than a fifth grader🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Clearly someone pee peed in yo Cheerios 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣And Smitty is smarter than a fifth grader🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
I'm not going to say a thing other than I think when the engineers got involved it came full circle to one of my original statements. It's pretty simple ride what you bought, if you end up on some technical trails and get stuck, pull th e winch cable and get yourself out of that situation, just don't get hurt. If whoever gets hung up, I'll be glad to lend a helping hand in anyway I can. You will get some ribbing though. HA!

Last edited:
J80

J80

Lifetime Member
Dec 29, 2018
WNC
I'm not going to say a thing other than I think when the engineers got involved it came full circle to one of my original statements. It's pretty simple ride what you bought, if you end up on some technical trails and get stuck, pull th e winch cable and get yourself out of that situation, just don't get hurt. If whoever gets hung up, I'll be glad to lend a helping hand in anyway I can. You will get some ribbing though. HA!
You just said a whole lot 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Smitty335 - you, we, others did so well without saying anything. 🙊
And then you full-out said engineers.
Company engineers, doing more year after year, caused the End-User maxim: Better is the mortal enemy of good enough.
Going dark now. 🕶️ 🙉

advertisement
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
@Smitty335 - you, we, others did so well without saying anything. 🙊
And then you full-out said engineers.
Company engineers, doing more year after year, caused the End-User maxim: Better is the mortal enemy of good enough.
Going dark now. 🕶️ 🙉
Yes but they qualified it by saying riders who aren't normal! I just happen to be one of those? No offense meant to any one, I just like the technical stuff.

Plowboy1466

Plowboy1466

Lifetime Member
Feb 11, 2018
Ashland, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yes but they qualified it by saying riders who aren't normal! I just happen to be one of those? No offense meant to any one, I just like the technical stuff.
My two modes are normally turf and 4 wheel diff lock. I can make it 95% of the places in turf ( just because the old girl can ) and then it's straight to diff lock ( because she couldn't ) but I like to know what's going on. I don't like depending on some electronics. I'm glad you finally piped up.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
My two modes are normally turf and 4 wheel diff lock. I can make it 95% of the places in turf ( just because the old girl can ) and then it's straight to diff lock ( because she couldn't ) but I like to know what's going on. I don't like depending on some electronics. I'm glad you finally piped up.
Your going to get deleted in this political correct forum!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

I think a lot of people drive different and have different terrains so that is probably the different experiences some have.
Then there are some that buy anything and somehow that’s better then anything for all given circumstances from what they say. You see that all the time where people can talk s*** about something but as soon as they buy it the other is crap.
Me, if I drive something I’m completely honest about any problems or positives either way with a rig. You saw that a lot from me originally on the Pioneer until we did the product research for Honda and they product bulletined about 5 things I b****ed about after having issues. Got crucified by the site a couple times as well as Mother Honda calling me up saying bulls***. Didn’t really care just said how it was, even from a rig I truly loved.
Why I say this is because we tend to run things pretty hard and find weaknesses, usually before others for some reason. I tend to be honest about those.
Whether someone wants to hear it or not based off their own experiences I-4wd does not have the traction and is far more likely to fail or have expensive issues.
A brake line busted takes it out, he’ll we had bobwire wrap up around the axle and brake was severed, in Pioneer we continued to ride whole weekend with diff lock and stopping by the superior engine braking in these things.
It’s an open diff front end with slight ability to electronically control. I know you’re an engineer so you like overly complicated designs that aren’t mechanical but that’s exactly what it is.
Now for the average consumer it’s probably better because it’s more idiot proof and you “can shift on the fly” as per Honda. It does have some positives and personally said that myself. Both systems have positive, but for some reason some of the hardcore I-4wd guys say it’s better at everything, that’s just not the case.
It’s good but it’s also different, it’s not the same. I wish I didn’t have to run it, had I never had diff lock I might feel different but I’d still have enough common sense to know and electronically controlled system will have downfalls just like the diff.
Thankfully Honda gave us all a choice on Pioneer, I think that’s so awesome. Buy whichever is best for you. Just wish there were options with Talon. Some of us old school guys that like 4 wheels spinning would’ve loved the machine that much more😉

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I think a lot of people drive different and have different terrains so that is probably the different experiences some have.
Then there are some that buy anything and somehow that’s better then anything for all given circumstances from what they say. You see that all the time where people can talk s*** about something but as soon as they buy it the other is crap.
Me, if I drive something I’m completely honest about any problems or positives either way with a rig. You saw that a lot from me originally on the Pioneer until we did the product research for Honda and they product bulletined about 5 things I b****ed about after having issues. Got crucified by the site a couple times as well as Mother Honda calling me up saying bulls***. Didn’t really care just said how it was, even from a rig I truly loved.
Why I say this is because we tend to run things pretty hard and find weaknesses, usually before others for some reason. I tend to be honest about those.
Whether someone wants to hear it or not based off their own experiences I-4wd does not have the traction and is far more likely to fail or have expensive issues.
A brake line busted takes it out, he’ll we had bobwire wrap up around the axle and brake was severed, in Pioneer we continued to ride whole weekend with diff lock and stopping by the superior engine braking in these things.
It’s an open diff front end with slight ability to electronically control. I know you’re an engineer so you like overly complicated designs that aren’t mechanical but that’s exactly what it is.
Now for the average consumer it’s probably better because it’s more idiot proof and you “can shift on the fly” as per Honda. It does have some positives and personally said that myself. Both systems have positive, but for some reason some of the hardcore I-4wd guys say it’s better at everything, that’s just not the case.
It’s good but it’s also different, it’s not the same. I wish I didn’t have to run it, had I never had diff lock I might feel different but I’d still have enough common sense to know and electronically controlled system will have downfalls just like the diff.
Thankfully Honda gave us all a choice on Pioneer, I think that’s so awesome. Buy whichever is best for you. Just wish there were options with Talon. Some of us old school guys that like 4 wheels spinning would’ve loved the machine that much more😉
🤔.....well phuck!!!.....I knew I shoulda bought an Artic Cat!! 😔

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5

So what's the upload and download speed of your stone tablet, hammer and chisel? (Asking for dang near everyone!). :)

advertisement