Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I own both systems, 92.5% of the time the i4wd is best. Sometimes a diff lock is best. I4wd doesn't break crap on big tires. Steers better . Ground clearance means more than diff lock does.

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
I own both systems, 92.5% of the time the i4wd is best. Sometimes a diff lock is best. I4wd doesn't break crap on big tires. Steers better . Ground clearance means more than diff lock does.
Bring it out here and we will drive it and confirm your analysis

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Ran pretty good test on the I-4wd this weekend. Doesn’t like snow and slow crawling I don’t know that it was a ton better then just 4wd non lock in Pioneer. Both mine and my friends you could see as well as feel it hunting for traction on slick rock or debarked logs in the creek. And that’s just how it was.
On positive side if you powered the nose into things it went pretty good and since Talon has the suspense to take it with more speed that helps. Over just your average stuff it felt good and easy bit that’s stuff I’d be in 3wd in Pioneer. After owning diff forever I wasn’t impressed. However it did go. As matter of fact the two Talons hung out with Jeep crawlers on fairly nasty stuff and made it to the top where only our friend in a built Toyota made it. This hill was a bit more jagged then where we normally go so I’m not too concerned other then the snow and thick mud. Overall I’m not sure as of yet if I’ll do the aftermarket locker or not. It was probably good enough for the crawl and once on dirt road it shines that’s for sure. Just my opinion.
Absolutely love the machine but again wish it had diff lock. Had a great time regardless.

7F01F806 6F53 4C9B B479 FE94CB80BD89

D

Deanb

Mar 26, 2016
Stonyplain
Was thinking about trading in my 21 on the 22 trail but I'm curious about the i4wd. My deluxe doesn't have it and I can't get the trail without it. I use my pioneer in my woods often climbing steep grades where you need all 4 wheels pulling and even then sometimes that isn't enough. Will the i4wd do that or is it not actually a locker in the front and rear?
I have i4wd and love it , had regular before would not go back

J

Jade

Nov 10, 2018
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the Limited edition that came with the i4wd and I've never had a problem in mud or steep climbing, cause it transfers power away from whatever tire starts to spin and back to it as needed.
Was thinking about trading in my 21 on the 22 trail but I'm curious about the i4wd. My deluxe doesn't have it and I can't get the trail without it. I use my pioneer in my woods often climbing steep grades where you need all 4 wheels pulling and even then sometimes that isn't enough. Will the i4wd do that or is it not actually a locker in the front and rear?

advertisement