Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3

3. Talon X
And that’s what a few more will be doing probably myself included. But now for someone that doesn’t mind the overall ability of the I-4wd you’ve already deleted it. For other reasons then stated but still. If there’s any hiccup in the system you’re coming back through the woods in 2wd by default. You’ve fixed that.
With factory diff lock was that an issue? Let’s say Honda offered two versions like they do Pioneer, and you had to do it again. Would you buy the more expensive and more complicated I-4wd or would you buy the mechanical 4wd with the additional diff lock feature?
No argument there, if they offered both versions I think most would choose the simplest method. A couple things to remember..... we on this site are a small percentage of Honda's market when it comes to SxSs, they're building for the masses. Also, the Talon is their "Flagship" model, it's going to have their latest tech standard. This is no different than the automotive world, use Lexus or Cadillac as an example, you find all the latest tech on them that may be an expensive add-on or not even be available on the baseline Camry or Chevy whatever.

You & I have had this conversation before, I put a TL in mine cause I'm a sucker for spending money on my buggy. Do I think I needed it.....nope, do I think it's better w the TL....yup! That's how we justify wasting money on them, it's just human nature 🤣

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
FB IMG 1649452742285

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
No argument there, if they offered both versions I think most would choose the simplest method. A couple things to remember..... we on this site are a small percentage of Honda's market when it comes to SxSs, they're building for the masses. Also, the Talon is their "Flagship" model, it's going to have their latest tech standard. This is no different than the automotive world, use Lexus or Cadillac as an example, you find all the latest tech on them that may be an expensive add-on or not even be available on the baseline Camry or Chevy whatever.

You & I have had this conversation before, I put a TL in mine cause I'm a sucker for spending money on my buggy. Do I think I needed it.....nope, do I think it's better w the TL....yup! That's how we justify wasting money on them, it's just human nature 🤣
Well I see most models of Talon now only come with halogen. Maybe the chip shortage will force some models to have mechanical 4wd😉

advertisement