P1000m5 If Deltons is Painfully Slow, Mine is Excruciating....

urbancoyboyja

urbancoyboyja

Buckle Up, I Want To Try Something...
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 25, 2017
WV, USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
ELITE????????????????

Seriously????????

Just stirring the pot!
I appreciate a good pot stirrer. My wife says I'm pretty good at it myself. I've had them all, Bear, Martin, Jennings, Hoyt, Mathews, and now Elite. This one is a Synergy. I like the way it feels. My last Mathews felt too top heavy for my liking. I would like to try out a Prime at some point or one of the new Hoyts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

urbancoyboyja

urbancoyboyja

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 25, 2017
WV, USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought S&S plates and guards... I’ve broke both welds on the front guards. I suggest UHMW skids.. the aluminum is fine and stronger than 1/2 UHMW. But I didn’t consider the deformation. Build them yourself if $$ is an issue. The UHMW is super easy to work with!
I've decided on UHMW skids. Looking at Factory UTV. I like that it is all one piece. I looked at making them myself. I could save $250-$300 minus hardware.

There is something to be said for it being ready to bolt on though......

Reactions: JTW
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
ELITE????????????????

Seriously????????

Just stirring the pot!
Iv'e got an old twitchy short Hoyt, valley of maybe 1/4 inch, I'm 5 foot 6 and can shoot this thing flat of my butt. I need to up grade badly! But what I won't do is get rid of my Trap Door fall away rest, no cables, just bolts to your riser, the slightest vibration drops the rest and is adjustable and no longer in business, they must have been bought out by a cable company. I have two of them. I shoot Winner strings, don't even think about sighting you bow in until you have slung 20 arrows at point blank range into a back stop, then adjust your sights, your good for a year! I used to sling 100 arrows a day for practice, with my 3 arrow quiver mounter on bow, unless I was hunting with my 3 arrow quiver mounted on the bow. So if your in a pawn shop, check out there old bows and if one has a Trap Door fall rest, buy it just for the rest.

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I appreciate a good pot stirrer. My wife says I'm pretty good at it myself. I've had them all, Bear, Martin, Jennings, Hoyt, Mathews, and now Elite. This one is a Synergy. I like the way it feels. My last Mathews felt too top heavy for my liking. I would like to try out a Prime at some point or one of the new Hoyts.

And admitting in public of your past SIN of owning a Mathews??????????????

Will the bleeding never stop???????????

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
And admitting in public of your past SIN of owning a Mathews??????????????

Will the bleeding never stop???????????
Mathews builds a nice bow, but others have surpassed them, kind of like Ranger boats!

J

JTW

I've decided on UHMW skids. Looking at Factory UTV. I like that it is all one piece. I looked at making them myself. I could save $250-$300 minus hardware.

There is something to be said for it being ready to bolt on though......

I don't disagree!

urbancoyboyja

urbancoyboyja

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 25, 2017
WV, USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mathews builds a nice bow, but others have surpassed them, kind of like Ranger boats!
Agreed

elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Which is why I still have my old Martin warthog and my 30 year old custom takedown recurve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: joeymt33
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Which is why I still have my old Martin warthog and my 30 year old custom takedown recurve.

Tell me more?

elkaholic

elkaholic

Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Not much more to tell. The other reason I still have them is I got to the point I didn’t have time to keep in practice. Took the strings off and stored them.

The recurve I shoot bare bow off the shelf. Had to have it custom made due to a 35” draw length (yes my knuckles drag the ground)

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Not much more to tell. The other reason I still have them is I got to the point I didn’t have time to keep in practice. Took the strings off and stored them.

The recurve I shoot bare bow off the shelf. Had to have it custom made due to a 35” draw length (yes my knuckles drag the ground)

Never shot a recurve, the straight bow I have kills my shoulders, to much shock. If I get back into archery, it will be with a latter generation compound.

elkaholic

elkaholic

Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Shooting the recurve is completely different than the compound. Only way to describe it is one continuous motion.

Besides, prolly couldn’t draw it now . Need to work out some. It’s a 75# draw at 35”

Reactions: elkguide
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Shooting the recurve is completely different than the compound. Only way to describe it is one continuous motion.

Besides, prolly couldn’t draw it now . Need to work out some. It’s a 75# draw at 35”

I ment a stick bow. I love a stick bow, you can shoot it laying on the ground, standing on your head or any other way you can imagine. We to used to play horse with stick bows, call your shot and every one follows. I could shoot on my stomach

urbancoyboyja

urbancoyboyja

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 25, 2017
WV, USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Aab9a9cb7b623d16f1d2f720d5b7db84

Well, let’s get this back on track and going again. I have the best wife, family, and in-laws anybody could ask for. They teamed up and all of them got me something for the Pioneer for Christmas. My parents got me the rear view and side mirrors, my in-laws got me the S&S A-arm guards, my kids got me the OTRTTW switches I needed and a couple sets of grab handles. My wife came through with the battery isolator and 2nd battery, along with a RAM mount and 3 sets of 4” LED pods, one set is flood beam I plan to use for back-up lights. Even my 83 year old grandmother in-law got in on the action with a 52” curved LED light bar.

I’ve been down with the flu, but I’m on the mend. Can’t wait to get this wiring party started!

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
OK. Enough of this flu talk. Get up off the floor and get to installing!!!!!!

And remember...........

"WITHOUT PICTURES........ IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!!!!!"

Reactions: joeymt33
urbancoyboyja

urbancoyboyja

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 25, 2017
WV, USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Cf363e26afaf92dcf86a8e16f8502323

Got a little done. Switches, voltmeter, USB ports, and ram mount put on the switch plate.

Got to get some wire and connectors and I will be rockin’.

Man I wish my garage was heated, or at least insulated. Put another item on the to do list........

Reactions: elkguide
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
View attachment 60580

Well, let’s get this back on track and going again. I have the best wife, family, and in-laws anybody could ask for. They teamed up and all of them got me something for the Pioneer for Christmas. My parents got me the rear view and side mirrors, my in-laws got me the S&S A-arm guards, my kids got me the OTRTTW switches I needed and a couple sets of grab handles. My wife came through with the battery isolator and 2nd battery, along with a RAM mount and 3 sets of 4” LED pods, one set is flood beam I plan to use for back-up lights. Even my 83 year old grandmother in-law got in on the action with a 52” curved LED light bar.

I’ve been down with the flu, but I’m on the mend. Can’t wait to get this wiring party started!

I'm up for adoption! HA! That's great!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!