Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
i know this might cause some feathers to be ruffled... but here it goes. i used to work for a fuel tank supplier to the big 3 along with a handful of other OEM's. we did have special fuel pumps that would go into flex fuel vehicles that required all stainless steel to be used in pumps springs etc. keep in mind that flex fuel is E85 or 15% ethanol give or take on the mix and time of year. E90 or regular fuel only contains around 10% ethanol. Ethanol is not exactly the spawn of Satan when it comes to fuels. Case in point "moisture in fuel". People who run strictly ethanol free gasoline for longer periods of time and allow their machine to sit will often times experience rough running for short periods of time and extreme cases no starts. this is due to the hydrocarbon based fuel being hydrophobic. water separates and settles to the bottom of the tank where the fuel pump draws obviously water doesnt aid in combustion so you get rough running symptoms until which point the fuel begins to mix and you begin getting gasoline instead of water into the system. If you are one of these people who only uses ethanol free gas what will happen is over time the water content will become more and more. this is where ethanol comes in. ethanol will absorb water in the fuel tank and being an alcohol will burn. in short if you are going to run ethanol free gas all the time it would be beneficial to run a tank or regular gas through it every once and awhile.
Now that makes sense!

Tropicalfruitfarm

Tropicalfruitfarm

Nov 2, 2016
Merritt Island
www.islandtropicalfruit.com
Ownership

1. 1000-3
UPDATE!

On 11/21/2018 I wrote a letter concerning the materials used to make the fuel pump, and sent it to the following gentlemen at Honda Motor Corp.;

Takahiro Hachigo
President & CEO
Honda Motor Co., Ltd
2-1-1, Minami-Aoyama, Minato-ku, Tokyo 107-8556, Japan

Toshiaki Mikoshiba
President & CEO American Honda Motor Co., Inc.,
President & CEO Honda North America, Inc.
Honda North America
1919 Torrance Boulevard
Torrance, CA 90501

Chuck Boderman
Vice President
Honda Powersports Division American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
1919 Torrance Boulevard
Torrance, CA 90501

I had also taken my P1000 to the dealer to fix it. They found no water in the gas tank and replaced the pump under warranty.
I also found out who made the pump in the first place. It was made by a company called AFCO in Anderson, South Carolina. I called AFCO to speak to somebody there, and the security guard answered....... He said that AFCO (a joint venture between BOSCH and Denso) had closed shop! Yep, out of business.

Today 12/10/18, I received a call from Honda America. The lady said Honda had receive my letter(s) (Mr. Borderman) and she wanted to follow up and see if things are ok. She said she spoke to the dealer to make sure they fixed it as well.

FYI the number for Honda America Customer Support appears to be 866-784-1870 x-87413

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
UPDATE!

On 11/21/2018 I wrote a letter concerning the materials used to make the fuel pump, and sent it to the following gentlemen at Honda Motor Corp.;

Takahiro Hachigo
President & CEO
Honda Motor Co., Ltd
2-1-1, Minami-Aoyama, Minato-ku, Tokyo 107-8556, Japan

Toshiaki Mikoshiba
President & CEO American Honda Motor Co., Inc.,
President & CEO Honda North America, Inc.
Honda North America
1919 Torrance Boulevard
Torrance, CA 90501

Chuck Boderman
Vice President
Honda Powersports Division American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
1919 Torrance Boulevard
Torrance, CA 90501

I had also taken my P1000 to the dealer to fix it. They found no water in the gas tank and replaced the pump under warranty.
I also found out who made the pump in the first place. It was made by a company called AFCO in Anderson, South Carolina. I called AFCO to speak to somebody there, and the security guard answered....... He said that AFCO (a joint venture between BOSCH and Denso) had closed shop! Yep, out of business.

Today 12/10/18, I received a call from Honda America. The lady said Honda had receive my letter(s) (Mr. Borderman) and she wanted to follow up and see if things are ok. She said she spoke to the dealer to make sure they fixed it as well.

FYI the number for Honda America Customer Support appears to be 866-784-1870 x-87413
Good, thanks for the follow up. I wonder who’s making Honda’s pumps now, and whether they’re better???

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!