P1000 Issue with lift being to stiff

Heisenbeans

Heisenbeans

May 11, 2020
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a pioneer 1000 5 deluxe and installed satv 3 inch lift and put outlaw 3s on it.
The suspension seems to be very tight now and riding 2 hrs yesterday gave me a migraine. Every pothole in the rd just jarred me and the whole machine vibrates pretty loud. I expected that with the outlaws but did not think the suspension would be this stiff. There is barely any give and it just seems like I'm riding in a red wagon now with a motor.

Are there any other alternatives for springs and shocks without having to put that spacer in to tighten the springs so tight. Why didn't satv just drop the bolt hole down for the shock without the need for the spacer. I have no travel now in the front and I'm worried I'm gonna tear up my machine riding on dirt rd. Any help would be appreciated.

Satv was no help and referred me to a shock company that don't even make shocks for the pioneer. Shock therapy i believe.
Not worried about price or cost I just need the ground clearance for where I hunt.

Any help in the right direction would be greatly appreciated

D

DDDonkey

I you are running the stock shock (not the stock foxes) I would upgrade the shocks, that made a world of difference got me and many others. There are many shock companies out there I have 814's but those require some tinkering, others are the stock Fox (like the LE), Walker Evans, Elka, and Bandit shocks form what I can remember.

Heisenbeans

Heisenbeans

May 11, 2020
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I you are running the stock shock (not the stock foxes) I would upgrade the shocks, that made a world of difference got me and many others. There are many shock companies out there I have 814's but those require some tinkering, others are the stock Fox (like the LE), Walker Evans, Elka, and Bandit shocks form what I can remember.
Do they come with extended springs or will I still have to install the spacers? I don't want to lose the lift but also don't want to get beat up driving down the rd.

Reactions: Lady01
Gabbas

Gabbas

May 17, 2020
Humboldt, Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do they come with extended springs or will I still have to install the spacers? I don't want to lose the lift but also don't want to get beat up driving down the rd.
Honestly, you can spend 1500 to 2k on shocks to fix your problem. Or you can get a Texas Tough Customs 3" lift that properly lifts your ride and uses stock shocks and axles, it is high quality and very stout. Replaces all your control arms. I think without powdercoating it's $1750 shipped.

Look up Jared Doster on the Honda Pioneer 1000 riders on facebook. His lifts are bad ass.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Twss to the title. :cool:

What psi are the tires at?

I had outlaws on my ranger. I loved the grip but couldn’t get used to the vibration. And my steering wheel shook back and forth at slow speeds. I sold them after a few months.

Reactions: Lady01 and TripleB
Heisenbeans

Heisenbeans

May 11, 2020
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Honestly, you can spend 1500 to 2k on shocks to fix your problem. Or you can get a Texas Tough Customs 3" lift that properly lifts your ride and uses stock shocks and axles, it is high quality and very stout. Replaces all your control arms. I think without powdercoating it's $1750 shipped.

Look up Jared Doster on the Honda Pioneer 1000 riders on facebook. His lifts are bad ass.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
Thank you

Reactions: Lady01
361Dustin

361Dustin

Jan 2, 2021
South Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the same issue with this lift on my 1000/5 deluxe. I like the the stance it gives and the extra ground clearance but the ride is crap. Had I known about the Texas Tough lift I probably would have gone that route. Has anyone had any luck changing out the shocks out to maybe the Fox shocks that come on the LE? This is something I’m considering and hoping it would improve the ride. Or may just remove the lift and go with A arms. Any thoughts!?

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I have the same issue with this lift on my 1000/5 deluxe. I like the the stance it gives and the extra ground clearance but the ride is crap. Had I known about the Texas Tough lift I probably would have gone that route. Has anyone had any luck changing out the shocks out to maybe the Fox shocks that come on the LE? This is something I’m considering and hoping it would improve the ride. Or may just remove the lift and go with A arms. Any thoughts!?
Lots of guys swap over to aftermarket shocks. Although seems like all the brands are taking forever to arrive now. Fox's are a popular way to go. I unfortunately am still running stockers but 🤞soon that'll change.

👍 good luck

361Dustin

361Dustin

Jan 2, 2021
South Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lots of guys swap over to aftermarket shocks. Although seems like all the brands are taking forever to arrive now. Fox's are a popular way to go. I unfortunately am still running stockers but 🤞soon that'll change.

👍 good luck
Thank you!

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Like DDDonkey, I have gone to 814 shocks with no lift kit. I got about another 1-1/2” of clearance and have had to tinker with spring rates. I’m now using single rate 300# front and 350# rear springs. I’ve thought about going to 275# front and 300# rear but am still reviewing the ride quality I have now. Put a good 1/2” UMHW full width skid plate on your machine and then you don’t have to clear everything. Just Slide Over.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!