Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Well I am fine with the Pioneer 1000, bought the RMAX4 for the wife's comfort as I have posted repeatedly. The RMAX4 does sit, ride, and have a nicer interior, but it better have for a $7k higher MSRP than a P1K5D.

So there is no apples to apples comparison to be made. I would pick the Honda with the DCT every time especially at thousands less in cost.
The Yami belt is good but it’s definitely not dct good. We had 2 RMax’s in our group, good machine but they do not follow the Pioneers very well in our woods. Both have kinda left the group and started doing their own things. They are nice driving and more plush but I sure hate the noise and would miss the paddles. Wife and kids say same thing

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well I am fine with the Pioneer 1000, bought the RMAX4 for the wife's comfort as I have posted repeatedly. The RMAX4 does sit, ride, and have a nicer interior, but it better have for a $7k higher MSRP than a P1K5D.

So there is no apples to apples comparison to be made. I would pick the Honda with the DCT every time especially at thousands less in cost.
That's what I thought. Rmax is beautiful, but personality is the best in the end.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
How are you liking it? Fit finish? I have their sliders on my 1000-5. Thinking about some rear protection.

Thanks
Chuck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's a bumper, I like it fine
It fits & It's finished in black
🤣🤣

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Was just curious does not have best reviews on Amazon. I have their sliders and like them. Was just curious.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It seems like a good rear bumper by all accounts. Just put it on to protect the tail lights and rear panel. I just consider it a protective item.

osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
One of the most confusing things I ran across was installing the @SuperATV Skid Plates on my 2024 Pioneer 1000-5. Now I know they have it all set up to be universal for all years of P1000's, but given the considerable differences in 2022+ models they really need to offer a completely updated product for the current and future models.

The 2022+ have enhanced underbelly coverage that is a vast improvement for many owners, however the rocks where I live require heavy duty stuff to fully protect the undercarriage.

OEM Underbelly 2024 P1K5D - Note the Sides have some protection were non-existent prior to 2022 MY
View attachment 421619

Each side plate is secured by 7 bolts, ALL OEM holes with threads or welded nuts are circled in ORANGE - NOT A SINGLE ONE OF THESE HOLES WERE USED????

All holes required to attach the @SuperATV skid plates are circled in YELLOW with Rivnuts installed.

WHY couldn't the product be updated to use the OEM holes only a few inches away. had to drill 9 holes instead of just 2???
View attachment 421620

When it was all said and done pretty sure there was 44 bolts to secure all 4 sections of the SATV skid plate which DID NOT USE 26 OEM attachment locations of 32 that were present. Not mad or disappointed, just pointing out one size fits all, while cost efficient for the manufacturer, is not best for the end user experience. Just my observation.

That said, skid plates are very securely attached and all drain holes are in proper locations and large enough to easily service the machine. Note SATV doesn't offer A-Arm guard, so went with FUTV (Factory UTV) brand, they installed in 20 minutes and are equally rugged.

The full Monty:
View attachment 421623
So you used rivnuts and not nutserts ? Any OEM or all new bolts? Gonna try to get mine on for TO if back allows

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
So you used rivnuts and not nutserts ? Any OEM or all new bolts? Gonna try to get mine on for TO if back allows
I got 60 of these to go replace OEM they are grade 10 bolts.

Screenshot 20240508 002848 Amazon Shopping

advertisement
J

john790

Jan 13, 2020
Clinton ohio 44216
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Myself iam glad you built another pioneer.I think this is no 2 so everything that you didnt like on the first you probley changed on this one.Stuff you need other stuff maybe not so much.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Myself iam glad you built another pioneer.I think this is no 2 so everything that you didnt like on the first you probley changed on this one.Stuff you need other stuff maybe not so much.
This was my 4th Pioneer, my third Pioneer 1000. I learned pretty much everything of what not to do with my first one over 5 years of owning it and seeing what others had done that didn't work out. Everything I added was for functional or protection of me or the machine.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!