P1000 Jackal's P1000-5

Well just as well get this started off. For those of you that followed along on my Pioneer 500 build, I pretty much bought all my accessories before I even had the machine in hand and within 3 weeks of having it home it was all tricked out like I wanted.

Thanks to @HondaProKevin from Honda of Chattanooga I will pick up a Red Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe on 12/22 just before Christmas. :)

Stay tuned going to be a long and expensive 2 months. :D

Read more about this showcase item here...

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You have to specifically search for 5W LED's as most are 3W LED's. all the 5W are high output. But all my lights came from STV Motorsports on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00R2P5DZ8/?tag=sxsweb24-20
34 AMPS at 12v!!!
This is getting good

Reactions: JACKAL and ghost
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Was getting a bit wild in my P1K and am getting more rubbing than anticipated when hitting larger rocks etc. so I am going to end up with 28"x10x14 Roctanes. So for now going back to OEM tires and wheels until I can get the A-arms installed. I think 28" tires with the lift alone will be fine as it rubbing isn't terrible just more than I like on a hard hit 1/2" would make all the difference in the world, but these tires are 30.4" where most run on the smaller side of stated diameters.

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Was getting a bit wild in my P1K and am getting more rubbing than anticipated when hitting larger rocks etc. so I am going to end up with 28" Roctanes to get the proper clearance I need. So for now going back to OEM tires and wheels until I can get the A-arms installed. I think 28" tires with the lift alone will be fine as it rubbing isn't terrible just more than I like on a hard hit 1/2" would make all the difference in the world, but these tires are 30.4" where most run on the smaller side of stated diameters.
Man, sorry to hear that. Oh well, charting new territory always requires some trial and error. Will you go for the CATVOS now or wait and see what the others put out?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Man, sorry to hear that. Oh well, charting new territory always requires some trial and error. Will you go for the CATVOS now or wait and see what the others put out?

Probably CATVOS or ORB 2" forward A arms. Another anomaly I ran into today was surging at 51 mph jast around 5000 rpm. Went back to OEM tires and wheels dissapeared and right back to redline and 66 mph smooth as butter. Not sure what specifically caused the surging but it has me scratching my head.

Reactions: PioneerPete
PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Probably CATVOS or ORB 2" forward A arms. Another anomaly I ran into today was surging at 51 mph jast around 5000 rpm. Went back to OEM tires and wheels dissapeared and right back to redline and 66 mph smooth as butter. Not sure what specifically caused the surging but it has me scratching my head.
Was it trying to limit out there at 5000 or was it like the smart shift sensors weren't sure what to do with that particular accelerator/speed pairing so it was just hanging around there?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Was it trying to limit out there at 5000 or was it like the smart shift sensors weren't sure what to do with that particular accelerator/speed pairing so it was just hanging around there?
Well the way you put it just might be the best description I can come up with. When I would really stick my foot in it the machine surged just like it was bouncing off the rev limiter but at 5000 RPM in reality I suspect it was the clutches not sure what to do, I was on level pavement. When I would back off it would stop surging and you could feel the clutch lock up and gain speed a little. Not entirely certain if it was the weight of the tires, diameter, or a combination of both. The machine shifted through all 6 gears just fine and at 45 mph you though you could just floor it and fly but hit 51 mph started acting all weird. Tried it in low range and did the exact same thing at 32 mph at the same RPM, so that being said I can't fathom the weight of the tires bothering it in low range exactly like the high range. I did not bother trying manual mode to see if it did the same thing.

I really thought is was starving for air/fuel at first thinking maybe the way I mounted the PDM in the lid of the intake cover was interfering, but took the cover and hood off completely no positive change. Put the OEM Tires and wheels back on ran like a race horse you could floor it and it ran up throught the gears to 66 MPH just like it should. At this point I am puzzled, but this smart transmission may just be too smart for going too big on tires, I just don't know what definitively causes it to act like it did with the bigger tires on it.

Kenjones21

Kenjones21

Jun 23, 2015
Central Louisiana
Jackal; when u get a chance can u post a side view pic of the whole bike with the lift and factory tires on it please, I'm wanting to see what it looks like because I'm wanting to put the same lift on mine but I will be running stock tires and wheels 80 percent of the time . thanks

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Jackal; when u get a chance can u post a side view pic of the whole bike with the lift and factory tires on it please, I'm wanting to see what it looks like because I'm wanting to put the same lift on mine but I will be running stock tires and wheels 80 percent of the time . thanks
I believe that there are pictures like that already in this thread right after lift install.

advertisement
jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
hears a question for ya with the larger tires you would be hitting max speed sooner I wonder if there is a speed sensor thats telling the ecu to limit out

K

Kyle

Jun 11, 2015
How loud is the radio/soundbar? Seen a video on youtube of one in a pioneer 1000 (probably yours) but its hard to tell in video how loud it is. Can you hear the radio/soundbar good full speed down road? Need some tunes I can hear going to and from the bars :)

Reactions: pmpislander
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
How loud is the radio/soundbar? Seen a video on youtube of one in a pioneer 1000 (probably yours) but its hard to tell in video how loud it is. Can you hear the radio/soundbar good full speed down road? Need some tunes I can hear going to and from the bars :)
Yes it gets loud enough for you and the police to hear it going wide open down the road.

Reactions: pct
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
hears a question for ya with the larger tires you would be hitting max speed sooner I wonder if there is a speed sensor thats telling the ecu to limit out
I don't know wont go faster than 51 mph with the 30" tires, haven't had time to mess with it. back to stock and they are doing fine.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Sorry for the delay @Kenjones21 just got back from a weekend of riding. Here is a side profile pics of OEM Tires & Wheels with the lift.

Side Profile OEM

Kenjones21

Kenjones21

Jun 23, 2015
Central Louisiana
Sorry for the delay @Kenjones21 just got back from a weekend of riding. Here is a side profile pics of OEM Tires & Wheels with the lift.
Thanks.... Looks good... I was just worried the factory tires would look way too small with lift but I don't think it does.. guess it times for me to order my lift.
View attachment 9739

MaleRN28US

MaleRN28US

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 1, 2015
Roanoke, Indiana
Here is some high speed ridge running with @Hondasxs on Friday afternoon. The pace picks up after the first 2 minutes ;) couldn't help myself jamming to 3 tunes from Moccasin Creek. This video is coming off of Trail 11 "Stell Branch Trail" onto Trail 10 "Cumberland Mountain Trail" headed south that runs the ridge top parallel with I-75.

*Disclaimer: No Pioneer 1000's were harmed in the making of this video. Nor was the oblivious honeymooners' in the Kawasaki sitting in the trail :p

Jackal....this is in NO way directed at you but I had to laugh. Everytime I hear loud country music I think of this quote from Platoon. My wife says I am "weird" for not liking country music. As follows:

Bunny: [Merle Haggard's "Okie from Muskogee" is playing on the radio] That's a bad jam, man.
Junior: Redneck noise, dude, that's all it is. Make about as much sense as you do. All them chumps be talkin' about how they losin' they ho, and ain't got no bread for beer

Reactions: JACKAL
Tabascojunkie

Tabascojunkie

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 25, 2016
SE Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the shout out @JACKAL & @ohanacreek . Much appreciated guys... Can't wait to see the silver in person as that's the color I think I'm going with too. Even though all my other Honda bikes and cars are red, it'll match my silver S2000 so I won't complain haha. It's soooo sexy!

Just hoping and praying Honda holds up their end of the bargain on getting these other colors out with too much of a delay.

Believe it or not, I'm sitting on multiple red 1000-5 Deluxe models I can't give away lol.
SURE you can give them away!!! Hell, I'll take one!! LOL

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Jackal....this is in NO way directed at you but I had to laugh. Everytime I hear loud country music I think of this quote from Platoon. My wife says I am "weird" for not liking country music. As follows:

Bunny: [Merle Haggard's "Okie from Muskogee" is playing on the radio] That's a bad jam, man.
Junior: Redneck noise, dude, that's all it is. Make about as much sense as you do. All them chumps be talkin' about how they losin' they ho, and ain't got no bread for beer

I'm sorry but if the Hag heard you refer to that Hick Hop playing in the video as "Country Music" he would be singing to you "You're walking on the fighting side of me." I have a very broad music palette with over 20K songs on that USB stick just so happens that was playing, there is everything from Hank Sr., Bocephus, Hank III, to Prince and AC/DC even some from David Allen Coe that is sure to offend everyone in the right crowd.

Reactions: chadbo and ua13gt
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!