P1000 Jackal's P1000-5

Well just as well get this started off. For those of you that followed along on my Pioneer 500 build, I pretty much bought all my accessories before I even had the machine in hand and within 3 weeks of having it home it was all tricked out like I wanted.

Thanks to @HondaProKevin from Honda of Chattanooga I will pick up a Red Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe on 12/22 just before Christmas. :)

Stay tuned going to be a long and expensive 2 months. :D

Read more about this showcase item here...

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Got any seat time yet?

Just enough to compress the suspension back and check for rubbing before I took the above photos. Gotta trim the Trail Armor skids back to OEM wheel well dimensions in front and will be all good. This is my 3rd SXS with these tires and wheels I will not be disappointed. :D

HondaTim

HondaTim

Feb 8, 2014
Just enough to compress the suspension back and check for rubbing before I took the above photos. Gotta trim the Trail Armor skids back to OEM wheel well dimensions in front and will be all good. This is my 3rd SXS with these tires and wheels I will not be disappointed. :D
How do they do in a muddy situation and sand?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Awesome!! This is the combo I am considering so please do a video or a detailed write up on the ride, any rubbing, and power in low range.

Does it lug the engine when crawling slow (like rock climbing).

Will have a full ride report in 2 weeks going to the mountains and probably log 100 miles, will be able to say for certain by then. but I anticipate no problem as I always run low range on wooded trails averaging less than 15 MPH and it'll do 30+ mph in low as it was.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
How do they do in a muddy situation and sand?

I have had good results in all terrain sloppy mud in torrential down pours on 35% grade hills pulled like champs on my P500 and those were 26 x9x12 size. run some sand no issues great overall tire but tough as nails and they love slick rock.

Tot

Tot

Lifetime Member
Dec 14, 2015
Des Arc, Arkansas
Looks awesome!!! And that's some nice ground clearance! You shouldn't have to worry about hitting much on the bottom

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
The Money Shots :p
Front angle Lift  Tires

Full Front Lift  Tires

Full Rear After Lift  Tires

Ront low profile lift n tires

Rear Low Lift  Tires

Side Profile LT

Last edited:
M

Marine660

Club Contributor
Dec 12, 2015
Man I love it!!!! I am so doing this. I was considering the 28" variety but the 30's are just awesome!!!

My only worry now is how does it do in low creeping over boulders

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Man I love it!!!! I am so doing this. I was considering the 28" variety but the 30's are just awesome!!!

My only worry now is how does it do in low creeping over boulders
If you think about it those tires are only 10% bigger than OEM diameter, it's the visuals you have to overcome. The P1K has more than 2X the HP of a P700 and twice the gears. Put it in Low range and 4WD lock and it will be just fine. Better yet do manual to stay in 1st for the super technical, the limitation will be the drivers comfort zone.:confused:

HondaTim

HondaTim

Feb 8, 2014
Yeah I'm ready to hear back I looked at the weight and they are 42lbs a piece but like jackal says we will see.

advertisement
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Looks great! I can't wait to do the same. Thanks for posting the pics.

Whiskey1

Whiskey1

Dec 11, 2015
Arizona
Here is the initial accessory list and will add to it here to keep it comprehensive.

Honda Glass Windshield
Honda Hard Mid Panel
Honda Hard Roof
Trail Armor 1/2" UHMW Skid plates and A-arm guards
Second Battery Odyssey 925
2nd Battery connection kit with 140 amp isolator
Cooper Bussman 10 Circuit Power Distribution Module (5) 15 amp circuits + (5) 30 amp w/ 35 amp relay circuits
139 Db Compact Air Horn
KFI Winch Mount
Superwinch Terra 45 with 65" synthetic cable
STV 40" LED light bar - Forward
STV 12" LED light bar - Rearward
STV 4" Pod work lights (4) - two front and rear angled out
MTX 46" Sound Bar
Custom switch panel with 8 STV lighted rockers, 2 Mictuning USB power stations, Voltmeter, RAM mount
Garmin Montana 650T weatherproof GPS in RAM mount
Strong Made 2" Lift Kit
Fire Extinguisher
Hi-Lifter 36" UTV Jack
Strong Made Front Bumper
STI Roctane XD 30x10x14 tires in STI HD3 14x7 wheels 6+1 offset
Jackal - Is that the overhead sound bar you have pictured (toward the front of the cab) or is it overhead mesh storage with a dome light in the center?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Jackal - Is that the overhead sound bar you have pictured (toward the front of the cab) or is it overhead mesh storage with a dome light in the center?
Its all in one stereo mesh holders for phone ipod etc and a dome light. Made by MTX. called the MUDSYS46 very happy with it.

Reactions: pct
F

Fullthrottle

Oct 5, 2015
To u
Tires and wheels arrived, OMG bigger than I expected :eek: she's gonna be tight, but it'll work out :D

STI HD3 Wheels 14x7 with 6+1 offset front and rear.
STI Roctane XD 30 x 10 x 14 front and rear.

View attachment 9168
View attachment 9169

Guess I will find out how good the front axles and differential are :rolleyes:[/Q
Tires and wheels arrived, OMG bigger than I expected :eek: she's gonna be tight, but it'll work out :D

STI HD3 Wheels 14x7 with 6+1 offset front and rear.
STI Roctane XD 30 x 10 x 14 front and rear.

View attachment 9168
View attachment 9169

Guess I will find out how good the front axles and differential are :rolleyes:
Looks good if you look fast at pics new rims look close to factory but closer look they are very nice. Do you think your tires would work on factory wheels with the lift you got?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
To u

Looks good if you look fast at pics new rims look close to factory but closer look they are very nice. Do you think your tires would work on factory wheels with the lift you got?

They could but I think the 10" wide tire on a 6" wide front rim may look odd, but mechanically yes it should work.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Front tire clearance, only issue is Trail Armor skid plate goes into and turns up 2" inside the wheel well. Rubs starting at 1/2 turn and bad at full lock. Will be trimming the skid plates and will have room no problem with factory plastic or clearance with the lift kit. Rear wheels clear no problem :D

Tires are all at 14 PSI

Angle side view, from above, and full lock. In that order:
View attachment 9178 View attachment 9177 View attachment 9179

And the back.
View attachment 9180

UPDATE ON 30" TIRE CLEARANCE WITH LIFT.

I got around to trimming the Trail Armor UHMW skid plate that protruded approx. 2" into the front OEM wheel wells and were rubbing at even half turn and that almost cured all rubbing entirely. I still get a slight rubbing at full lock left turn only on the drivers side where the sharp OEM plastic comes to a point. This is because of extra room molded in for the brake pedal, there is about 4" of clearance between the pedal and the plastic so I only need to pull in the plastic about 1 inch for no rubbing. I am confident I can push that in an inch or so and gain full clearance with a good heat gun. this is with tires that are an actual 30.4" in diameter & a 6+1 offset wheel

As it is I could only recommend a 29" tire max on 6+1 or 5+2 offset wheels with the Strong Made lift kit without any modifications to your OEM plastic. I believe if you are going to run a 4+3 offset a 30 tire would clear fine but then you will be 68" wide at front with a 10" wide tire.

Hope this help people in making a good choice of tire / wheel combo selection if they use this lift kit..

M

Marine660

Club Contributor
Dec 12, 2015
UPDATE ON 30" TIRE CLEARANCE WITH LIFT.

I got around to trimming the Trail Armor UHMW skid plate that protruded approx. 2" into the front OEM wheel wells and were rubbing at even half turn and that almost cured all rubbing entirely. I still get a slight running at full lock left turn only on the drivers side where the sharp OEM plastic comes to a point. I am confident I can push that in an inch or so and gain full clearance with a good heat gun. this is with tires that are an actual 30.4" in diameter & a 6+1 offset wheel

As it is I could only recommend a 29" tire max on 6+1 or 5+2 offset wheels with the Strong Made lift kit without any modifications to your OEM plastic. I believe if you are going to run a 4+3 offset a 30 tire would clear fine but then you will be 68" wide at front with a 10" wide tire.

Hope this help people in making a good choice of tire / wheel combo selection if they use this lift kit..

Ummmm, I appreciate the update very much. I guess 28-29" tires are in my future. Given I want the roctanes it would have to be 28's.

Do you think the 28" roctanes will fit with no lift?

Reactions: ghost
Tot

Tot

Lifetime Member
Dec 14, 2015
Des Arc, Arkansas
Ummmm, I appreciate the update very much. I guess 28-29" tires are in my future. Given I want the roctanes it would have to be 28's.

Do you think the 28" roctanes will fit with no lift?
28s should fit no problem. I have seen several P1ks with 28s no lift and had more than enough room to clear them.

Whiskey1

Whiskey1

Dec 11, 2015
Arizona
Its all in one stereo mesh holders for phone ipod etc and a dome light. Made by MTX. called the MUDSYS46 very happy with it.
Thanks!

One more question, can you send a photo from under the hood showing the double battery setup you mention in your garage? I think thats a good idea, especially with several electrical accessories, winch, etc. I'd like to have a look at the layout for reference, if i may.

That's a sweet ride, evolving into a one hellava Honda. I have to say, I really like the big hoops and lift!! Aarrrrr..

Reactions: pct
advertisement