P1000 Jackal's P1000-5

Well just as well get this started off. For those of you that followed along on my Pioneer 500 build, I pretty much bought all my accessories before I even had the machine in hand and within 3 weeks of having it home it was all tricked out like I wanted.

Thanks to @HondaProKevin from Honda of Chattanooga I will pick up a Red Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe on 12/22 just before Christmas. :)

Stay tuned going to be a long and expensive 2 months. :D

Read more about this showcase item here...

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Does that mount to the factory bumper? Id worry about to not being designed to have that much of a pull put on it.
Yes it appears it bolts right on over the top of the bumper, from what I can tell though 1/2 the mount bolts to the bumper the other 1/2 bolts to the frame behind the bumper. This essentially does what the KFI winch plate does below in the OEM winch position. If it rips my bumper off that's one thing if it rips my frame apart well I will lay blame on operator error or faulty frame. I'll know more later this week.

Reactions: ohanacreek
PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Jackal, I'm curious about where you landed the ground for your second battery, and where you landed the ground for your winch. Also, where did you get your 12v power for the winch? I landed my winch ground and hot wire to my battery (currently only one battery).
P.S. your build thread is AWESOME!

Reactions: JACKAL
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Jackal, I'm curious about where you landed the ground for your second battery, and where you landed the ground for your winch. Also, where did you get your 12v power for the winch? I landed my winch ground and hot wire to my battery (currently only one battery).
P.S. your build thread is AWESOME!

Thanks, I grounded the winch to the 2nd battery but the 2nd battery is grounded here using a 1/4" self tapping screw.
As far as power to the winch and everything else go to post #32-40 in this thread, everything is powered through the bussman PDM except key on power to charge the relays and lighted LED on rocker switches, that all explained in the following posts after #61.

Wiring

Tot

Tot

Lifetime Member
Dec 14, 2015
Des Arc, Arkansas
Got a call from Strong Made today, the BG-55W Winch series front bumper will not be ready for about 3 weeks, but they have the lift kits in stock which he is shipping out to me. This will let me at least run the 28" tires I am wanting to run.
That's a bummer.
Not sure if you posted it on here and I missed it but what tires are you going to run?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
That's a bummer.
Not sure if you posted it on here and I missed it but what tires are you going to run?
I will be running STI Roctane XD 28 x 10 x 14 on all four corners mounted on STI HD3 14 x 7 rims with 6+1 offset, should put me down to 61" wide.

S l300 Sti 12 whe hd3 all blk mac

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Curious to see what your overall height is after you are done. I have to be able to drive into my toy hauler garage still and only have about 4-5 inches to play with.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Curious to see what your overall height is after you are done. I have to be able to drive into my toy hauler garage still and only have about 4-5 inches to play with.

Will be right at 78-79" overall height.

advertisement
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
My winch plate from KFI finally came in along with my rearview mirror, side mirrors, 40" LED light bar for the front and roll bar mounts for the 12" rear facing LED lightbar. Only got the Superwinch Terra 45 mounted up tonight. I didn't care for the bright blue anodize on the Superwinch fairlead so soaked for about 15 minutes in Clorox all purpose shower cleaner with bleach and took the color off in about 15 minutes of soaking. Also didn't care for the 50' bright yellow synthetic rope so went with a 65' black synthetic rope from Motoalliance and topped it off with the KFI cable saver and a Warn Epic series hook. It came out looking pretty good.

20160105 225803

Will get around to mounting the front / rear light bars and mirrors tomorrow evening.

franzw

franzw

Jan 2, 2016
pacific nothwest
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks good. You are sure putting a lot of custom touches to it. I also ordered some aftermarket side mirrors from a Jeep outlet. They will mount on the outside of the soft sides (made by Quadratec and easily removable) so I can get my rig into my enclosed trailer, which will be its new home and ready to head out. I also mounted a front hitch receiver over the winch so I can more easily move my trailers around my house.

franzw

franzw

Jan 2, 2016
pacific nothwest
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Oh I forgot, will also be adding a 20 inch led light bar and two 18 watt driving lights somewhere on the front bumper and tie them into my high beams. Will it ever be all done???

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Jackal does your cable feed from the bottom or the top of the spool? Mine feeds from the bottom and the angle when it crosses the fairlead roller seems too sharp. I'm afraid that it is weakens the cable at that point, and I'm trying to figure out a way to make it feed from the top. Do you think I could reverse the winding of the cable? Feed it all the way out and then keep holding down the feed out button until it feeds it back in over the top of the spool. I could then reverse the switch leads so they were still correct...

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Jackal does your cable feed from the bottom or the top of the spool? Mine feeds from the bottom and the angle when it crosses the fairlead roller seems too sharp. I'm afraid that it is weakens the cable at that point, and I'm trying to figure out a way to make it feed from the top. Do you think I could reverse the winding of the cable? Feed it all the way out and then keep holding down the feed out button until it feeds it back in over the top of the spool. I could then reverse the switch leads so they were still correct...

All winches should feed from the bottom, that is where they are designed to pull from. I agree the angle could be less, for the guy that uses his winch only every so often I don't think it is a big deal but for the guy who uses his winch for a snow plow can definitely cause premature wear on the same section of the cable. I don't use my winches often, they are insurance for my style of driving, that being said my cable will likely dry rot before I wear it out over the fairlead, but that's just me.

Reactions: PioneerPete
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!