P1000 JJ's P1K5

jasontjames

jasontjames

Lifetime Member
Apr 28, 2016
Melissa, TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I have had my 1000-5 for about 3 months now. Slowly getting things done on it. I don't have a definitive plan for everything I am going to do yet, but here are the things that are currently in the works:

1. 30" STV Flood/spot combo mounted on the front of ROPS
2. 30" STV flood/spot combo mounted on the rear of ROPS
3. 2 4" STV cubes mounted on front angled out for potential sasquatch sightings
4. Honda two piece windshield (only have the lower deflector on at this time). Took the top part off for the summer.
5. Had a bimini top but it didn't last riding tight trails.
6. Spiderwebshade mesh top (currently installed)
7. Dual battery setup (currently installed)
8. 6 Rocker switch plate (got it from Justin here on the forums)
9. Dual bilge fans under seat (on order, not installed yet)
10. Front and rear door drink holders (ordered ones for the 700 off of Pro Caliber)
11. Smittybilt receiver hitch D ring
12. Honda winch

I am also planning to do a sound bar. Just haven't decided which one to go with yet.

Reactions: sharp
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Looking like you've been busy there JJ. Drinking lite to help keep you on your toes during install is a great idea:)

Reactions: jasontjames
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yes no doubt. They've got to be nice right now

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I discovered several months ago you don't have to have a "plan" for these things. They just start begging for expensive accessories all by themselves lol. You got a nice start there btw. Nice work.

jasontjames

jasontjames

Lifetime Member
Apr 28, 2016
Melissa, TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looking good. I love the placement of the cube lights Emoji12

I have to admit that I stole that placement from somebody. Can't remember quite who it was............oh wait, it was you. Lol

jasontjames

jasontjames

Lifetime Member
Apr 28, 2016
Melissa, TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I want that beer holder! Where did u get it?

Rear Drink Holder***

You can also use the part number to get them through your dealer. If you order less than $100 worth of stuff from pro caliber there will be shipping. For just the cup holders it might be cheaper to go through your dealer.

Reactions: bjd68
jasontjames

jasontjames

Lifetime Member
Apr 28, 2016
Melissa, TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I FINALLY finished my wiring job. Electrical is not my strong suit. Spent many hours last night working on it. Had a strong dose of Sturgill Simpson tunes and beer to fuel my work. My Pioneer has been sitting in the garage for about 3 weeks waiting on me to finish what I started. I am in dire need of some trail time. I have my spiderwebshade on it right now, but you can't really see it in the pics. I will try to get some pics of it posted later. Please no judging of my neaderthalesque wiring skills. Well, judge if you must. Let me know if you see anything that I screwed up.
ATTACH]

IMG 2945
IMG 2947
IMG 2949
IMG 2952
IMG 2954
IMG 2958
IMG 2960

album-72157671165420105

album-72157671165420105

Last edited:
PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just noticed that I had my hood all jacked up in the pictures. Par for the course. I'm always just a little off kilter.
haha... looking good brother. it looks like all your switches are jumped together to be powered from the same fuse... is that correct? you may want to consider running a separate wire from the pdm to each switch... especially since you only have a handful of switches.

its no big deal to have all the switch backlights jumped together on a single circuit, but having all the switch accessory power jumped on a single circuit could overload that circuit. doesn't make sense to jump all the accessories together when you have that nice cooper/busman pdm.

L

LBZ_Duramax

Oct 26, 2015
Which spider shade did you order? All I see on their website is ones for jeeps?

L

LBZ_Duramax

Oct 26, 2015
You have to call them and tell them that you want one for the Pioneer 1000-5. They have made quite a few and they will know what you are talking about.

How much did it cost if you don't mind?

L

LBZ_Duramax

Oct 26, 2015
$181.98 with tax and shipping.

Could you post some pics of what it looks like on the pioneer? I have been holding off on the top because some complain it makes the dust/noise worse with it on. Wondering if spiderweb shade would be a good compromise...

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Could you post some pics of what it looks like on the pioneer? I have been holding off on the top because some complain it makes the dust/noise worse with it on. Wondering if spiderweb shade would be a good compromise...
I think eventually you want both but that web would be awesome in the summer! Seems to be very reasonable

jasontjames

jasontjames

Lifetime Member
Apr 28, 2016
Melissa, TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I'll take some pics and post them. That is assuming that I can manage to get home from work before dark sometime soon. It is the busy time of year for me.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!