P1000 Let me get this straight...

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Has anybody recalibrated the speedometer and odometer for bigger tires?
I haven't heard of anyone doing so but that is a good question. For what it's worth... Honda cheats on their speedometers. My P1K-3 speedometer is 7% generous on speed. I.E. If I'm actually travelling 30 MPH, my speedo shows 32 MPH. If I'm actually travelling 62 MPH, my speedo shows 66 MPH and my rev limiter kicks in. So a larger than factory tire may actually show your correct speed and mileage or at least closer to it.

Last edited:
Hotwlz

Hotwlz

Feb 19, 2017
Houston, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For what it's worth... I ordered terrabites and they'll be in maybe tomorrow... I'll have them mounted by the end of the week. I went with 28x10x14 only I'm putting them on the stock deluxe wheels.
Do you have any pics of the new tires installed yet on the stock rims?

perry

perry

Jun 13, 2016
South Dakota
Ownership

1. Talon R
Idaho Iphone 8 16 071
go big 5x4 with 28x10x14

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!