moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Rain catchment, wood burning heat/cooking, a garden and orchard......
Ive also contacted the village and confirmed I can install a well. That's a future thought as well, that way if I have solar setup I could still have running water. Thought on that?

Reactions: Biteme
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Ive also contacted the village and confirmed I can install a well. That's a future thought as well, that way if I have solar setup I could still have running water. Thought on that?

That's great news bro!!!! Just install a solar pump when you have it drilled. There's storage food on the market now with a 20 year shelf life. The Mormans are great at this, decades of practice!

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's great news bro!!!! Just install a solar pump when you have it drilled. There's storage food on the market now with a 20 year shelf life. The Mormans are great at this, decades of practice!
Next season we are also planning to plant a garden. Best source of renewable food out there! Plus we live in a huge Amish community, could be lots of good resources there should the need arises.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Next season we are also planning to plant a garden. Best source of renewable food out there! Plus we live in a huge Amish community, could be lots of good resources there should the need arises.
Yes, your own garden is the best, but as you note it's seasonal, so you have to get the equipment and get into canning or purchase long shelf life storage food!!

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes, your own garden is the best, but as you note it's seasonal, so you have to get the equipment and get into canning or purchase long shelf life storage food!!
Mama has been wanting to get into canning. My grandma used to can tomatoes and corn and a whole bunch of good stuff. I will definitely be investing in some packaged food as well.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Mama has been wanting to get into canning. My grandma used to can tomatoes and corn and a whole bunch of good stuff. I will definitely be investing in some packaged food as well.
I've really enjoyed both the sense of accomplishment and security of growing and putting up my own food. Beautiful to look at in the pantry and better to eat. :)

elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
No.. I think mine has to do with my soul not being right. I need to test it this fall and lime and fertilize as needed. I've put both on it but something just isn't right.

Yup, if your soul is in the wrong place, no amount of water will help

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!