Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
They are still shooting ammo from WW2 that has been dug up or stored. Now if it is soaking in water for a long period some might but a lot of ammo is even safeguarded against that.
Thanks for that @Ragnar406, I asked because I’d seen this.

What is the shelf life of ammo and storage? Store reloading components and ammunition in a cool, dry place, protected from direct exposure to sunlight. If stored properly there is a 10-year shelf life on loaded ammunition.

What's the shelf life of factory loaded ammunition?

Does Ammunition Have A Shelf Life? Let’s Take A Look

Last edited:
Reactions: Biteme
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Guess my lookk on the end of times. I don't need to have the most ammo or supplies. I just need to shoot the guys with what I need a nd then need to shoot the next guy with what I need. Better to be a better shot with 1 .22 than the guy with thousands of rounds of .22

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
You’ll never have to find out no worries. ;)

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
IMMEDIATE removal from anyone who is accused of domestic assault or could be a threat to themselves or others.
Don’t know that that’s necessarily a bad thing.

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Don’t know that that’s necessarily a bad thing.

In a perfect world, I might agree with you, however, I have seen a known anti-gun judge allow an aggressive police officer, (who was dating a man's ex) upon her accusations take the man's guns and then the judge approved it. Now without even needing to go to a judge.......

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I hope that you all saw that during the months of February and March 2018 London, England had more murders than New York City, NY!!!!
(and those totals of not include terrorist activities because then England would have dominated for a long time)

But how can that be since guns are almost completely illegal for private ownership in England?

Knives.

If a sick person is going to kill someone, they will find a way.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I hope that you all saw that during the months of February and March 2018 London, England had more murders than New York City, NY!!!!
(and those totals of not include terrorist activities because then England would have dominated for a long time)

But how can that be since guns are almost completely illegal for private ownership in England?

Knives.

If a sick person is going to kill someone, they will find a way.
Back in the 1980's a guy named William Ferry walked into a Winn Dixie with a bucket of gasoline and a zippo lighter. he then proceeded to light everyone up in the cashier line.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
In a perfect world, I might agree with you, however, I have seen a known anti-gun judge allow an aggressive police officer, (who was dating a man's ex) upon her accusations take the man's guns and then the judge approved it. Now without even needing to go to a judge.......
That’s why I said “necessarily”. Because it would depend.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for that @Ragnar406, I asked because I’d seen this.

What is the shelf life of ammo and storage? Store reloading components and ammunition in a cool, dry place, protected from direct exposure to sunlight. If stored properly there is a 10-year shelf life on loaded ammunition.

What's the shelf life of factory loaded ammunition?

Does Ammunition Have A Shelf Life? Let’s Take A Look

@Montecresto You link 2 articles were you want me to comment back on them? Not use why those were linked I probably missed it but I did not see your quote above in one of the linked pages?

Like I was saying they are still shooting ammo from WW2 and in fact their is a gov program where you can buy old WW2 guns and Ammo from the government -

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The problem with where I live is I'm surrounded by millions of Bernie Sanders lovers. So in other words, everything I have should be theirs. I also have 40- 50' rolls of razor wire....I do not see many strong communities being put together around here. Another reason why I want to move away. Freaking libtard neighbor wants me to sell him a black rifle. Aint gonna happen!
WHAT? You are ate up with Libs in NC???

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Guess my lookk on the end of times. I don't need to have the most ammo or supplies. I just need to shoot the guys with what I need a nd then need to shoot the next guy with what I need. Better to be a better shot with 1 .22 than the guy with thousands of rounds of .22

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
First thing ...... if you are shooting folks to get what you 'need', you are a murder and no better than the thug in the hood. Second thing ..... there is no guarantee that you will be the better shot. Third thing ...... as the BSA motto says ..... better to "Be Prepared", than figuring on mooching on someone else.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
@Montecresto You link 2 articles were you want me to comment back on them? Not use why those were linked I probably missed it but I did not see your quote above in one of the linked pages?
Not necessarily, that’s up to you. And I know about old ammos shelf life, I was referring to reports that there’s been a change made to the ammo giving it a shelf life and don’t know that it’s even true. I was just asking 100 acre about it.

Reactions: 100Acre
100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not necessarily, that’s up to you. And I know about old ammos shelf life, I was referring to reports that there’s been a change made to the ammo giving it a shelf life and don’t know that it’s even true. I was just asking 100 acre about it.
I had heard the shelf life rumor a few years ago. I had also heard something to the effect of traceable ammo. I don't know how they'd go about doing it as I'm no chemist but I'm sure they could figure it out. Otherwise, I don't think it'd be cost effective nor much of a reality at this point. The Ammo I have come across in the past as having a shelf life was due to poor quality manufacturing especially old surplus ammo like Yugo 8mm or Pakistani .303. I don't mess with either caliber anymore although both the Mauser K98's and Lee-Enfields were and still are awesome rifles. I've owned a number of each in the past and both were great rifles. Remington declaring bankruptcy just recently may put something of a shortage out there eventually but I just cannot say for certain.

Last edited:
100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hell has no fury, like that of a scorned woman!
How do you get through Louisiana mud in a SHTF scenario? To me every step I take just adds more to my growing shoe size. Mom lives in New Iberia, just south of Lafayette. Missin me some Boudin!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I had heard the shelf life rumor a few years ago. I had also heard something to the effect of traceable ammo. I don't know how they'd go about doing it as I'm no chemist but I'm sure they could figure it out. Otherwise, I don't think it'd be cost effective nor much of a reality at this point. The Ammo I have come across in the past as having a shelf life was due to poor quality manufacturing especially old surplus ammo like Yugo 8mm or Pakistani .303. I don't mess with either caliber anymore although both the Mauser K98's and Lee-Enfields were and still are awesome rifles. I've owned a number of each in the past and both were great rifles. Remington declaring bankruptcy just recently may put something of a shortage out there eventually but I just cannot say for certain. Go Go Gadget M1A...
Yeah, I hear ya. I can imagine a chemist would easily be able to do it and I can imagine a reason why the government would like to see it happen. But who knows.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Speaking of oil, do any of you store used motor oil? Do you filter it and if so, how?
I do, but I use it for bar and chain oil and to put on my ranch roads to help keep the dust down, so it’s just in 50 gallon drums, no filtering necessary.

Reactions: 100Acre and JTW
100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Same here.. we use it on our bridge floor
Bridge Game floor, Ravine, River or Gully Crossing, Ship's Bridge, Spaceship Control room? If its a bridge bridge, Is it a covered bridge? How far is it?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!