P1000 Multi-use Bluetooth Speaker

Corona1

Corona1

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2016
The Land of Cheese
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looking for some real world experience with a decent Bluetooth speaker.
My wish list/ needs are:
Portable - want to use it in the SxS, but also remove to use at camp, icehouse etc.
Waterproof/ resistant
Shockproof
USB or 12 volt charge
Decent sound and volume. Does not need to rattle the windows, only provide good quality sound and enough volume to drown out the tone deaf sing alongers.
I've researched and physically tested a few at the store, but would like some input from any that have some experience with them.

Reactions: sharp and JTW
Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
Man I didn't have a sound system so I found a good deal on one of those portable bose radios and it sounds decent. I honestly just used a wood clamp deal and clamped the folding cover part to the bar behind seat and flip it over and just unclamp it when I need to take it with me.

Reactions: Corona1
Corona1

Corona1

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2016
The Land of Cheese
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Man I didn't have a sound system so I found a good deal on one of those portable bose radios and it sounds decent. I honestly just used a wood clamp deal and clamped the folding cover part to the bar behind seat and flip it over and just unclamp it when I need to take it with me.

View attachment 27689
That is what I was planning as well, a quick detach system mounted on the overhead tube or center seat.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have one of these for the hottub/poolside, works great and completely submersible. Good battery life and wont break the bank! And yes it has been float tested a couple times.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
C3dcb5925387940dec9974a529d34c28

DRAGFOOT

DRAGFOOT

Lifetime Member
Mar 16, 2016
MINNESOTA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have a Bose sound link mini, I like it! Not loud enough for when runnin down the road at speed. Although I don't have a windshield so that's probably part of it. But I'd buy it again.

Corona1

Corona1

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2016
The Land of Cheese
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have one of these for the hottub/poolside, works great and completely submersible. Good battery life and wont break the bank! And yes it has been float tested a couple times.

View attachment 27707

Submersible is handy when ice fishing with clods!
How is the sound?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Corona1

Corona1

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2016
The Land of Cheese
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a Bose sound link mini, I like it! Not loud enough for when runnin down the road at speed. Although I don't have a windshield so that's probably part of it. But I'd buy it again.

Big fan of Bose products. Worried about durability.
I have a few Bose items and tend to baby them, probably more due to cost than anything else.
How has yours held up?

Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
Well I have left it in the rig on a trailer in the weather, didn't get soaked mind you but I can say I haven't been particularly kind to it and it still works. Would I throw it in a puddle or spray it with a hose? Nah but for general use it's been good.

DRAGFOOT

DRAGFOOT

Lifetime Member
Mar 16, 2016
MINNESOTA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Big fan of Bose products. Worried about durability.
I have a few Bose items and tend to baby them, probably more due to cost than anything else.
How has yours held up?

I've only had it a couple months, too early to tell. Unfortunately it's only been in the pioneer once or twice so far. We have it on almost every day in the house, but that's obviously not the same. I am also fond of Bose products and baby them too.

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
IMG 20160428 182526663

Here's what I run. It's currently strapped and bungied to the bar above the headrests..Rode there fron IL to Canada and didn't budge. Handles trails real good. It's a Boss audio off of Amazon. It will crank with the best but sounds really good at any level. Runs off of the cigarette lighter and plays Bluetooth. I'm really picky about sound quality and was hesitant but it's sound really shocked me.

FYI I have a 700

Last edited:
advertisement
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Submersible is handy when ice fishing with clods!
How is the sound?

I would say above average for the money.

edstoy

edstoy

Dec 20, 2015
Middle Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have the jbl charge 2+, it fits in the bottom cubby hole and sounds great. it will also charge your phone if needed

T

Trim450

Oct 14, 2016
Wv
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm using two jbl charge 3's mounted with hose clamps for now under the roof on the roll bar right above the seats . Best buy matched online price of 119 each. Plenty of volume now
Also bought 10 foot long charge chords from Walmart and ran them under the floor then up behind the seats so always charging

Corona1

Corona1

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2016
The Land of Cheese
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm using two jbl charge 3's mounted with hose clamps for now under the roof on the roll bar right above the seats . Best buy matched online price of 119 each. Plenty of volume now
Also bought 10 foot long charge chords from Walmart and ran them under the floor then up behind the seats so always charging
Excellent idea on the hidden charge cords.
I'm leaning towards JBL. Like the size and seem to be of good quality. Also, the tube shape will make for easy mounting.

Corona1

Corona1

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2016
The Land of Cheese
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks everyone for the input. Added a new item to my Xmas list.

T

Trim450

Oct 14, 2016
Wv
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Excellent idea on the hidden charge cords.
I'm leaning towards JBL. Like the size and seem to be of good quality. Also, the tube shape will make for easy mounting.

The 10 foot chords just barely reach , when I get time either going to wire in another power source or lengthen them and mount the speakers so it looks better . But the hose clamps hold them really good and easy to take them out to use elsewhere

J

JTW

You looking for the pioneer?? I tried the blue tooth portable speaker thing first and it didn't work so well.. now my wife got me an ion brand unit from sams club and itbwould rock out.. but it's large. I think you'll be disappointed going the way you are. Do a NOAM system and pick up a cheap Bluetooth for around the camp. You'll be happier I feel.

Corona1

Corona1

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2016
The Land of Cheese
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You looking for the pioneer?? I tried the blue tooth portable speaker thing first and it didn't work so well.. now my wife got me an ion brand unit from sams club and itbwould rock out.. but it's large. I think you'll be disappointed going the way you are. Do a NOAM system and pick up a cheap Bluetooth for around the camp. You'll be happier I feel.

Ultimately that is the goal. However, this forum has me going broke buying all these must have add-ons.
I had plans to purchase a Bluetooth speaker for camp etc, anyway. So figure I will cover a couple needs at once, buy a bit bigger speaker than I first intended and use it on the trails also. Down the road get a more permanent system if necessary.
Appreciate the input.

Reactions: Farmer
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
We have 2 of these and love them.2061355cbcf95fe408e8b1826c97f5ed
Extremely good sound and great battery life.

Reactions: JTW and Corona1
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!