P1000 NBomars tinkering and silly stuff

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hard day in the office today... watching @drfubar on the big iMac in the office. Pretty cool.
95e06c3740fa9e557236e14d169afe83

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
@nbomar, do you think you're causing unneeded stress or wear and tear to that hose? I'm not sure if Elka designed those hoses and hose ends for that type of use. The instructed us to a very specific mounting location which I am currently using.

Also, let's say the hose or hose ends fail, will Elka warranty it if it wasn't installed like they specified?

Just food for thought, I know the mounting location on the frame rail makes it inconvenient for adjustments. I will say that I had my rear shocks set before going to the takeover and never had to adjust them for the four days we were riding there.

I'm gonna have to second this notion. They definitely aren't made for the hoses moving around. I hear ya that they aren't in danger of being pinched but that stuff will move and rattle around a lot more than you think when mounted to the A arm. They're also more susceptible to sticks and debris down there.

Remember you aren't adjusting them as often as your radio station. Maybe leave like they are for just a bit to dial it in but then I would move them. I've found the longer after install the less I need to adjust. I usually find a setting that covers 80% or more of my needs and carry on. Just my two cents buddy.

BUT! After you ride them a bit I need your opinion because I'm trying to decide between fox and elka. Thanks man.

advertisement
Koda

Koda

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2016
Canton Ga
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Curses to you Nick. I never noticed my rear camber till you started posting about it. Now it bugs me.
They sit the wrong way... we would need to add some preload... at least mine I would.
Mine has negative camber too. Didn't really notice it that bad till I put those taller narrow tires on. Might have to get the rear SATV arms just for the adjustable camber.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Installed my under dash storage tonight. Takes literally 10 minutes. Pretty awesome.
I'm still undecided on the underdash storage mod! I think to myself...What would i use it for? And honestly can't think of anything I would put down there with the exception of trash! But then again I very seldom use it for working!

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm still undecided on the underdash storage mod! I think to myself...What would i use it for? And honestly can't think of anything I would put down there with the exception of trash! But then again I very seldom use it for working!

I keep gloves, some small towels and stuff with me all the time and my wife always wants to bring snacks and crap. Worth it for me. Easy storage and out of the way. Totally made sense after I saw some guys at the takeover with it.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!