Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Me either! Nothing but a little bit on my truck and a little on my camper. I keep going and looking at motorhomes and the wife and I can't talk ourselves into going into that kind of debt again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NO POOP!

Reactions: sharp
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Me either! Nothing but a little bit on my truck and a little on my camper. I keep going and looking at motorhomes and the wife and I can't talk ourselves into going into that kind of debt again.

If you think about it the only thing we should be in debt for is something that gains value (land)!

Reactions: GPR1500SC and JTW
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Hows your Airedale?

J

JTW

Atta boy!!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
True. Already fixed the tailgate. It could have been ALOT worse. My father in law told me after he hooks up a semi he hooks the electrical cord and test to make sure the hitch is connected using the trailer brakes before he pulls the jacks up. Makes sense and I have a new way to hook up. A buddy of mine said his has done this twice since he bought a camper 10 years ago. No rhyme or reason just happens... maybe @JACKAL has a good method since he hauls so many.

I set the trailer 5th wheel plate and king pin about 2" low where it slides up onto my head plate with significant down pressure. After I hitch up, I verify visually the claw is around the kingpin. Then I have a locking safety pin that goes through the handle and hitch frame where it cannot be unlatched. Finally plug in the wiring and raise the landing gear about 1" off the ground, and using trailer brakes only, put the truck in drive to pull against it. If all is good raise the landing gear fully and close tailgate. The hitch I use is a REESE Elite 27.5K rated signature series. It has a large head plate, throat, and better than typical articulation.
20170407 145004

advertisement
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
She's awesome. We are riding mark twain national forest tomorrow together.

Let us know how the trails are there. When I was first looking to get my pioneer I read some good things about that trail system but I can't seem to find where I read it now.

Reactions: sharp and nbomar
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Rough morning... the teeth for some reason didn't latch on my fifth wheel hitch and the camper immediately fell on my truck bed sides. I guess it could be worse but I've definitely got some issues. Bed is buckled ever so slightly. Tailgate rubs the bed at the bottom when opened now which is weird. Pin weight is right at 4000 lbs so I guess I should be grateful.

View attachment 45966View attachment 45967View attachment 45968View attachment 45969

Major bummer. Sucks when that happens to something that is so nice and you own it.

Reactions: pct and sharp
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It's not that bad. I'm fixing it for sure. It's so close to being paid off I for SURE am not trading for another payment. Not happening.

My wife and I decided that we were sick of making the banks money by paying interest so we spent several years not buying anything extra and working all the extra jobs we could until we paid everything off. What a great feeling to walk in to the dealership and make an offer on a new DuraMax Denali and on a Honda P1000-3 and then pay cash for them. Worth all of the sacrifice.

J

JTW

My wife and I decided that we were sick of making the banks money by paying interest so we spent several years not buying anything extra and working all the extra jobs we could until we paid everything off. What a great feeling to walk in to the dealership and make an offer on a new DuraMax Denali and on a Honda P1000-3 and then pay cash for them. Worth all of the sacrifice.
Amen to that!!

Reactions: Jshell3 and sharp
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ee474d9f882623045d102d80e0c8c258

Been doing hay all week. About half done now. Rode this afternoon through mark twain. Found 1 trail that would be a very good trail except it's cut for a 4 wheeler. Brush all over us. Lots of big ledges. Hit the front bumper into the ground coming off one. @my99svt just like last time. Lol.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Ragnar406 I did find an area called rock creek that I rode a few years ago on my Polaris and it was really fun. Couldn't remember how to get there until today. Didn't get a chance to ride much over there because I ran out of time but I marked it on my gps so I can find again.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
View attachment 46064

Been doing hay all week. About half done now. Rode this afternoon through mark twain. Found 1 trail that would be a very good trail except it's cut for a 4 wheeler. Brush all over us. Lots of big ledges. Hit the front bumper into the ground coming off one. @my99svt just like last time. Lol.

Ow give me a break, air condensing. Iv'e got a 57 8 N I'll lend you w/ shade top. HA!

Reactions: nbomar and sharp
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
View attachment 46064

You're lucky. Most of the farmers up here haven't even got their corn or beans in because the ground is so wet, standing water in most places. The ones that have tried to get some hay off have been "plowing and chopping" at the same time. Lots of equipment being pulled out.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!