Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is what I read on "The google" and it seems somewhat contradictory and confusing.

I had a cheap Motorola hand held at the overland and I could hear people, they just couldn't hear me. Ohana had a nicer one and he had the same issue. it was VERY frustrating to say the least. I think I'll get what Nick bought and mount it in the SXS if you guys are all happy with it. We can test them out at the March ride.

"Multiple power levels (remember legal limit on FRS is max of 2W, Legal limit on MURS is also 2W"

P.S. I've never been much of a rule follower. I'm more of a do what it takes to make it work kinda guy. Rules are just suggestions.

I know once I really played around to hear the Baofeng mic - I realized it was a cause of a lot of my transmission issues. @my99svt was using one this past weekend and I could see him in front of but could not make out a word he transmitted.
We are all responsible for our own actions I just mention the power limits so that people know.
We can mess around with different radios and distances at Mulberry - maybe I’ll have mine installed by then.

Reactions: nbomar and JTW
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I must've missed the CSV file. I had the same problem at the overland.

What are your thoughts on the new 25x4? Does it have a better mic than some of the other baofeng?
What is the 25x4 ?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I must've missed the CSV file. I had the same problem at the overland.

What are your thoughts on the new 25x4? Does it have a better mic than some of the other baofeng?

Sorry I have the x2 the x4 is the same as the x2 but quad band. The x2 is light years beyond a UV-5R

Reactions: Windrock1000
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I say we all go to these for communications at takeover.
CupPhone

We just need really long strings. I understand how to use these

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry I was referencing @ohanacreek saying he bought the UV-25X4. But he clarified he actually got the X2.

So my question is what should I get?

The baofeng UV-25X4 or the X2 or should I get the one @nbomar got the TYT TH8600. Let me know folks.

I wanted the 50x2 but there was a 25x2 Amazon warehouse deal.

advertisement
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry I was referencing @ohanacreek saying he bought the UV-25X4. But he clarified he actually got the X2.

So my question is what should I get?

The baofeng UV-25X4 or the X2 or should I get the one @nbomar got the TYT TH8600. Let me know folks.
I have no experience with the UV-25x4 or x2 - I am sure they will do the job fine.
I just bought the TH-8600 - main reason is it has a waterproof and dust proof rating. The reviews for the TH-8600 give it high marks for the quality of the receiver. I have programmed mine but not installed. I can tell you that it does transmit great audio as Bomar was using last weekend when we rode.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have no experience with the UV-25x4 or x2 - I am sure they will do the job fine.
I just bought the TH-8600 - main reason is it has a waterproof and dust proof rating. The reviews for the TH-8600 give it high marks for the quality of the receiver. I have programmed mine but not installed. I can tell you that it does transmit great audio as Bomar was using last weekend when we rode.

Have you considered it’s just my awesomeness echoing through the radio and it’s not that good? Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have you considered it’s just my awesomeness echoing through the radio and it’s not that good? Just a thought.

I did but then if it was your awesomeness ... your handheld radio would have sounded just as good:D

Last edited:
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well my build is "almost" done. We all know it's never done. I figured I would start a thread to show any extra add on stuff and videos I make so I don't muddy up others threads...

First video I've ever done with Garmin Virb editor. I'm sure I will get better. I wanted to ride today with some people and it didn't work out so I ended up going and pulling pictures off my deer cameras on our cattle farm. Turned on the Virb while I was riding around. Pretty crazy how flat the video looks. This property is a nightmare to walk around. With the leaves everywhere, very loose flint rock, and pretty steep hills, I usually fall down every time I walk up/down the hills. It's kind of a long video I tried to edit out some stupid crap. I have some footage from riding Mark Twain National forest I will try and get up soon.

I like how this thread started with my build is almost done LOL

advertisement