Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Trying to keep as strong and lightweight as possible and glass over foam is light. With windows and hardware it'll probably only add around 10 apiece.
The front window will open like a vent window in an old car I searched and found an old Tercel and found a steel setup so it'll last. Large window will be hinged and fold partially down. Not worried at all about full window because the uppers will only be in during the winter. I hate enclosed cabs but snows coming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
You could bodywork the joints and paint it. Skip the fiberglass all together. I super hate fiberglass. Lol.

I sure wouldn't the mud would crack because it's on something soft wedged in between something that won't give. That's a bad recipe for filler. This is tougher but won't ever fail

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
So the plan is to mount the uppers to the lowers jeep style??

Yes. I want them to come out quickly and leave me back to original

Reactions: pct and sharp
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yea your right about the mud. It's my hate of fiberglass bringing the half ass out of me.

Ya I'm not a big fan of the first couple days with glass you itch like crazy but then you get use to it. Just don't take a hot shower.
I won't be using fiberglass mat on this actually probably felt or fleece so it won't be itchy.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Im testing a couple ways to make it better and easier. I'm hoping you'll like the results I'm going to make it nicer for others not in my field and easy to duplicate. I don't necessarily just build things for myself, I try to make it easier for us all. Been working hard though 5 hours a night of sleep, the rest working. Been trying different materials and I'm spending too much money but I'm not posting till results are final. Haven't had much time to even be on here and yesterday became rough so maybe a good thing but I'll be back

Last edited:
moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Im testing a couple ways to make it better and easier. I'm hoping you'll like the results I'm going to make it nicer for others not in my field and easy to duplicate. I don't necessarily just build things for myself, I try to make it easier for us all. Been working hard though 5 hours a night of sleep, the rest working. Been trying different materials and I'm spending too much money but I'm not posting till results are final. Haven't had much time to even be on here and yesterday became rough so maybe a good thing but I'll be back
Aaahh, come on! Not even teasers?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
You're going to like the results. The shape works well not touching that but the steps to get there needed to change for us all. I want this project to go smoothly. Everything goes well will be testing this weekend. Trying to think ahead for the back doors and even hard rear. Going to eventually build whole solid cab. Getting strength into the doors is difficult and weight still a major concern. Unconventional maybe but I assure you my goal is on track.
Running of of funds and even donating plasma and doing extra work to keep everything going so busy as hell but still moving ahead, the Pioneer appreciates it

Last edited:
Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
You're going to like the results. The shape works well not touching that but the steps to get there needed to change for us all. I want this project to go smoothly. Everything goes well will be testing this weekend. Trying to think ahead for the back doors and even hard rear. Going to eventually build whole solid cab. Getting strength into the doors is difficult and weight still a major concern. Unconventional maybe but I assure you my goal is on track.
Running of of funds and even donating plasma and doing extra work to keep everything going so busy as hell but still moving ahead, the Pioneer appreciates it

You should start of Go Fund Me Account for your hardtop research so people can donate. ;) Heck this is better viewing than anything on TV.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
No I'm good! Do not bring that up to Eltobgi!! I just shouldn't have started another project right now but mama said it's cold...

Last edited:
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
No I'm good! Do not bring that up to Eltobgi!! I just shouldn't have started another project right now but mama said it's cold...

What is this I hear? o_O A brother in need?:eek: Where do I go to donate plasma...mama needs to stay warm, its going to be a long winter.;)

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
IMG 7216
Got back on it today. Couldn't order glass or lexan side windows right now so grabbed an old piece of lexan we had laying around turning out to suck bad. The paper backing has been on and outside since last year. I had originally cut this for the red p1k but decided to go with glass. Big project to get this crap off. The whole family is helping been at it for 2 hours now but seeing through finally.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!