P1000 Oil preassure light

Cacherivercat

Cacherivercat

Aug 7, 2020
Des arc Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Any of ya'll know what psi the oil preassure has to stay above to keep from setting off the light?
I'm just curious its running fine after the new oil pump. Google sucks and is not helpful on this question. Thanks for any information.

20200808 160800

Reactions: TripleB and Isaiah
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Any of ya'll know what psi the oil preassure has to stay above to keep from setting off the light?
I'm just curious its running fine after the new oil pump. Google sucks and is not helpful on this question. Thanks for any information.

View attachment 217641

Reactions: Isaiah
H

HondaTech

The oil pressure light could mean high, low, or oil pressure incorrectly reaching the wrong place at the wrong time.

What made you replace the oil pump?

Last edited:
Cacherivercat

Cacherivercat

Aug 7, 2020
Des arc Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The oil pressure light could mean high, low, or oil pressure incorrectly reaching the wrong place at the wrong time.

What made you replace the oil pump?

The dealership I bought it from replaced the oil pump. They said after it got warm preassure would fluctuate just enough to trip the light. They tried the switch first and the light would still kick on and Honda told them to replace the pump. They told me that one of the surfaces on the pump had a grove in it like something got stuck in it and caused it to drop oil preassure
I do know that the only time the light would activate was after you would drive it for a ways and then let out of the throttle and it would kick on. Just sitting and idling would not trip it. I am just curious to what factory has the low preassure setting set to that trips the light. It's a brand new machine that had 16 miles on it when the light first came on. You could cut it off and restarted it and the light would stay out for a good while and come back on.
I do not like having to replace the oil pump on a brand new engine and am worried that it might have done internal damage to it but what do you do? That is why I am asking for the low preassure shut off point. I would feel a little better if it was set at let's say 10 psi and was dipping below that point. I would be alright with 5 psi and it dipped to 4 psi and caused a light. But if its set at 2 psi and dipped below that I would half to say that for sure that I am probably screwed! Thanks guys and/or gals!

Oh and another thing! I keep smelling antifreeze and I seem to be loosing it from the overflow since the dealership did the repair but I can not find leak anywhere. I guess I will check the oil in a bit and see if it is going in there. I hope not.

Last edited:
Reactions: TripleB and Isaiah
H

HondaTech

The dealership I bought it from replaced the oil pump. They said after it got warm preassure would fluctuate just enough to trip the light. They tried the switch first and the light would still kick on and Honda told them to replace the pump. They told me that one of the surfaces on the pump had a grove in it like something got stuck in it and caused it to drop oil preassure
I do know that the only time the light would activate was after you would drive it for a ways and then let out of the throttle and it would kick on. Just sitting and idling would not trip it. I am just curious to what factory has the low preassure setting set to that trips the light. It's a brand new machine that had 16 miles on it when the light first came on. You could cut it off and restarted it and the light would stay out for a good while and come back on.
I do not like having to replace the oil pump on a brand new engine and am worried that it might have done internal damage to it but what do you do? That is why I am asking for the low preassure shut off point. I would feel a little better if it was set at let's say 10 psi and was dipping below that point. I would be alright with 5 psi and it dipped to 4 psi and caused a light. But if its set at 2 psi and dipped below that I would half to say that for sure that I am probably screwed! Thanks guys and/or gals!

Oh and another thing! I keep smelling antifreeze and I seem to be loosing it from the overflow since the dealership did the repair but I can not find leak anywhere. I guess I will check the oil in a bit and see if it is going in there. I hope not.

I'll send you a PM tomorrow with some info. Kind of hard to type alot on a phone and my laptop is at work.

Cacherivercat

Cacherivercat

Aug 7, 2020
Des arc Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Alright yall. I thought I would update on it. Its been good since I got it back from the shop the second time. Lol
It was just the 100 mile service the second time I checked the odometer today About midway through our Sunday ride and I had a little over 300 miles on it. Thank yall for the help! I did use a different dealership for the service though. I just wish partszilla would ship my roof and my hard cab back. Its been ordered for over a month. Lol

P

peoples16127

Nov 26, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That is good news, but what did the dealer fix to make the oil light stay off?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!