Ab35e09d64f083ac2de9f72fbb1fbb2a

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S

Someguy

Jun 15, 2016
Krakow Wi.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The processes that steel auto bodies go through during manufacturing nowadays and finishing improvements virtually eliminate rust. I've yet to see a 2000 YM or newer American brand vehicle with rust. Believe it or not, the Japanese makers have some catching up to do.
Maybe Louisiana is different, but here in WI. My friend has a 2010 silverado, the fender above the rear tires already has rust HOLES. His is not the only one of similar age that has rust in that location that I see driving around. Most automotive warranty are still 5yrs. for rust.

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
What?? Have you never looked at a dodge’s rear fenders? Or Chevy rocker panel? They rust from the inside out.
Just looked at my Dodge rear fenders and no rust! Imagine that. Did anyone mention that Ford hired Chrysler designers for the aluminum since they were knowledgeable on the subject? By the way I voted for red but everyone knows that white is the best :eek:

J

JTW

Just looked at my Dodge rear fenders and no rust! Imagine that. Did anyone mention that Ford hired Chrysler designers for the aluminum since they were knowledgeable on the subject? By the way I voted for red but everyone knows that white is the best :eek:
Consider yourself lucky.. what year is it? Mine was an 07 (3rd gen?) and started to bubble like the pic below.
FB590729 75DE 439B 9E1F A2C1086534F7

How it starts..
0BAFC94D 032F 482C AB32 DD72C9827691
C65BF0A2 C1B7 4FA9 BD8F 12B92A64514C

Go look at how the fender-well and bed side come together and you’ll see a seam where they’re spot welded together.. dirt, mud and dust will collect in that void and it then holds moisture when it gets wet. With the bed design, you can’t get in there to clean it out. If your truck is kept inside and only used on the highway it shouldn't be as big an issue.

advertisement
Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Says the man with a chevy avatar! Lol Mopar or no Car!

Reactions: BWAF

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Maybe Louisiana is different, but here in WI. My friend has a 2010 silverado, the fender above the rear tires already has rust HOLES. His is not the only one of similar age that has rust in that location that I see driving around. Most automotive warranty are still 5yrs. for rust.
It must be a road salt thing. (we never have that). I can't imagine anything made of steel withstanding caked-on, always moist salt in cracks and crevices. And just to jump back on a Pioneer note, I was Pensacola Florida and the beach security were patrolling on pio-700s. I chatted with an officer for a while about the machine and he pointed out the completely rusted through ROPS. Literally had holes in the tubing in several spots. He said they have to get new machines every 2 years because of the salty air and gulf spray eating away the frames. But yeah, our Louisiana mud must act as a rust inhibitor because nobody I know has anything more than surface rust from a paint scratch on a vehicle made in the last 25 years!

Reactions: BWAF and JTW

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
:rolleyes:
Buy a Tundra, far superior to any of the junk heaps the Big 3 build.
Tell that to my father-in-law who had to replace his i-Force V8 after 60,000 miles because of a snapped crankshaft! Meanwhile, I'm still rollin' my 1/4 million mile LS Chevy with not a single issue!!!

Reactions: BWAF and JTW
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!