Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I know a good many of us have contacted our local dealers about "getting on the list" for the P1k.
Please let the club know what they are saying...
Were you required to put down a deposit to get one of the first?

Let us know.
Thanks.

TandT

TandT

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2013
Newark, Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
Stopped by the dealer Friday. Told them I wanted to trade in the 700 for the 1000. Said as soon as they get the price list we'll talk. Being I bought the 1st 700 they will give me a deal on the 1st 1000. Pricing released next month so can't wait. I want the 5 person deluxe and of coarse all the goodies.

N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I called my local dealer the same day of the announcement. She had just spoken to her Rep. the day before and he had not said anything about the 2016 releases and she was a bit surprised. She called me back the next day and set me up for her first buy. $1000 down in August when she places the order for delivery in October. I told her yes, go for it. I am just getting the basic package two seat without tilt/paddle, sport mode, colors and some of the really great stuff....but if prices are not that bad, I may change my mind before the order.

Reactions: Hondasxs
BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013
I've spoken to my neighbor/dealer whom I've purchased the first 700/4 coming off the lot. She probably didn't know much more than I did, but a few months ago I requested first dibs. Sure enough, on announcement morning, I received a text saying that I've got the first one again.
I don't think that the overall excitement will be as much as for when the 700's hit the streets, but yes, I'm all over this 1000 Deluxe when its available.

Reactions: Buryit and Hondasxs
Alexa

Alexa

May 7, 2015
Tifton, GA
Hello darlings! Though the price is TBD right now, we are taking deposits as well. We should have ours about two weeks before anyone else does.. but just as all of you are very informed, all of our guests have been doing a lot of research too.... I was going to ask how much they were requiring from you... but I think $1k is a good starting point!

N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello darlings! Though the price is TBD right now, we are taking deposits as well. We should have ours about two weeks before anyone else does.. but just as all of you are very informed, all of our guests have been doing a lot of research too.... I was going to ask how much they were requiring from you... but I think $1k is a good starting point!
Ah Miss Alexa...You are one to watch. After reading your post, I looked back at a few of your previous entries. You are indeed informed. When do you think will get solid pricing? I am absolutely going to buy a Pioneer 1000 but without pricing I can't yet decide on the base or EPS model. As soon as you have a good guess, would you let us know please? Do you have or can you get information on the actual Width of these new beauties? Thanks.

Alexa

Alexa

May 7, 2015
Tifton, GA
Thanks Ned :) There is one beautiful thing about my job.... I get to come to work every day and do what I love, so its not like work at all!!! They are really holding tight to all the specs right now, as there are a few competitors that will be introducing new sport side by sides around the same time as us.... I will have all specs mid July, and being as how you are all family, you will be the first to know!!! I will tell you that in the existing Pioneer 700, once you give it a little gas, you don't even need EPS - so I don't know if you would find it necessary... though with having a sport option and 999cc engine, EPS probably wouldn't hurt! I'm banking on a lot of people going for the straight 1000 initially (though I think that the tilt steering is GENIUS!!) ... and when everyone starts breaking in to their motors and adjusting the factory limiters, then they might find a need for EPS ... just my thoughts, tho. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: bobbyhill
jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
Adjusting factory limiters!!!!!!!!!!! How the hell do i get rid of 42mps alexa

Alexa

Alexa

May 7, 2015
Tifton, GA
I would guess you're driving a Pioneer 500? Honey, your engine isn't going to put out much more than it currently is.... but take a look at the new P1K that's coming out.... an engine that is capable of producing around 120 hp will probably only debut around 70-80 hp, leaving lots of room to play and make adjustments... I am not sure that yours can be adjusted... let me do some research for you....

Alexa

Alexa

May 7, 2015
Tifton, GA
Adjusting factory limiters!!!!!!!!!!! How the hell do i get rid of 42mps alexa

Just spoke with my Foreman... you're getting all you're going to out of your 500 right now.... no adjustments doll, sorry... tho they CAN be governed down, no limiters can be adjusted on yours...

The reason I "think" that the 1000 will have limiters on them, is because Honda will need play room for competitors... they need places they can work within their own engine to meet the growing demands of their customers... I don't see the P1K coming stock with max capabilities... hell, I don't think its going to exceed 60-65 mph initially... BUT with a 999cc engine, it will be capable of doing SO MUCH MORE...

just my $0.02 tho....

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
I would guess you're driving a Pioneer 500? Honey, your engine isn't going to put out much more than it currently is.... but take a look at the new P1K that's coming out.... an engine that is capable of producing around 120 hp will probably only debut around 70-80 hp, leaving lots of room to play and make adjustments... I am not sure that yours can be adjusted... let me do some research for you....
I doubt that with exhaust tuning larger air intake my 420 is a monster compaired to stock the p5 hit 42 with room to move it should be able to do the same 54 as my rancher at which im more then happy with and I would love a full size but the riding I do it simply would not fit which is why I went with the 500 to begin with btw Honda motors love LOVE!!!!!! mods they are so choked back from the factory that they beg to be opened up and breath and suck fuel

Reactions: Alexa
jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
delete that post those things are death to all rides they touch you don't even want ppl looking at that first u have to rip into your ecu pull boards off resoder new one on omg no way in hell lol if I really wanted to go faster that badly in my p5 id load it on my truck sit in the drivers seat and have my wife drive me around while im screaming " THIS IS AWESOME!!!!) hahaha but really those are terrible I would never recommend anyone opening their ecu unless you are a top of the line computer person

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
Thanks for deleting that i really didnt want to see any of my pioneer family peeps fall into that trap!!!!! An ecu reflash is the only way to change an ecu not magic box

Reactions: Alexa and Hondasxs
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Just spoke with my Foreman... you're getting all you're going to out of your 500 right now.... no adjustments doll, sorry... tho they CAN be governed down, no limiters can be adjusted on yours...

The reason I "think" that the 1000 will have limiters on them, is because Honda will need play room for competitors... they need places they can work within their own engine to meet the growing demands of their customers... I don't see the P1K coming stock with max capabilities... hell, I don't think its going to exceed 60-65 mph initially... BUT with a 999cc engine, it will be capable of doing SO MUCH MORE...

just my $0.02 tho....

You are right on the money, I was told the P1000 is electronically limited to 62 mph. I hope that is right plenty fast for the back roads and open terrain.

W

WFM

Jun 20, 2015
Maine
Alexa I'm here from the other side of town...Polaris....if its 80hp outta the box...and could produce 120 hp.I can't wait to try one out. My 2014 Ranger 900xp is 60 HP....I hope Honda is working overtime pumping them out...because there will be a waiting list. I certainly hope you pass along any info as soon as its made available.

Alexa

Alexa

May 7, 2015
Tifton, GA
I'm actually networking with my guests to see just how many I will need initially for pre-orders ... I don't think it will take the place of the P700, and that in itself is a beautiful thing. Different people fall in to different parts of the market, and I know my hunters. fishers, and farmers will stick to what they know and love. As soon as info is made available, I will definitely pass along. I've been begging my rep for details... he's being greedy. ;) I have guests come in every day inquiring about the P1K, so the demand is definitely there.. lets just hope the supply can exceed it! At the end of the day, I don't care if you're from Polaris or Suzuki or Yamaha or John Deere - as long as you like the way the wind feels on your face, you sling a crap ton of mud, and you RIDE FREE, I'm on your team... I will sell the heck out of a Honda though, because Honda is what WE believe in... depending on how much room you have in your garage, you will probably be trading up soon enough... ;)Good day, dolls!

K

kyleh2531

Apr 2, 2015
How will you be able to receive them 2 weeks before anyone else? jw

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
I'm actually networking with my guests to see just how many I will need initially for pre-orders ... I don't think it will take the place of the P700, and that in itself is a beautiful thing. Different people fall in to different parts of the market, and I know my hunters. fishers, and farmers will stick to what they know and love. As soon as info is made available, I will definitely pass along. I've been begging my rep for details... he's being greedy. ;) I have guests come in every day inquiring about the P1K, so the demand is definitely there.. lets just hope the supply can exceed it! At the end of the day, I don't care if you're from Polaris or Suzuki or Yamaha or John Deere - as long as you like the way the wind feels on your face, you sling a crap ton of mud, and you RIDE FREE, I'm on your team... I will sell the heck out of a Honda though, because Honda is what WE believe in... depending on how much room you have in your garage, you will probably be trading up soon enough... ;)Good day, dolls!
And with that hat on i bet you will sell a crap load of hondas ;) even if they wernt the best lol

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!