Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Just picked them up and saw this...

Nerfs
kind of answers the question of if they'll fit the P5.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
IMO whoever Honda gave the project of designing these nerf bars to f***ing nailed it! First they only stick out 2 1/2". Second they dropped the rear down a little bit which helps with the rake look these machines have. Each mounts at three points, one bracket to the rocker bar and one in the back that's almost vertical. Then a U bolt that wraps over in the middle around a frame bar, the result is solid, I was standing and bouncing on it, it's not moving.
This will be an easy add on for most. I read through the instructions about a week ago and noticed it said something about cutting the factory skid plate on the 520. I have aluminum rock sliders under mine so knew going in it wasn't going to be easy. They're 3/16" and I tried mounting underneath them but it wasn't happening, bust out the wheel of death. At least all of the mounting points worked out, I have a lot mounted to that frame bar under there.
Took some cutting and fitting and a lot of on and off but the drivers side's done.

Nerf 1
Nerf

Nerf 2

Something else to note is that powder coat was in all the threads, would advise running them through on the bench before laying on the floor. 🙄

Last edited:
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Just thought of another thing I noticed yesterday...these stop the door from opening a full 180. Still goes farther than 90 and plenty to get in and out but doesn't lay all the way back like it used to.
Guess that'll make me close the doors, sometimes I'll hop in and take off with the door flopping in the breeze 🤣

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
IMO whoever Honda gave the project of designing these nerf bars to f***ing nailed it! First they only stick out 2 1/2". Second they dropped the rear down a little bit which helps with the rake look these machines have. Each mounts at three points, one bracket to the rocker bar and one in the back that's almost vertical. Then a U bolt that wraps over in the middle around a frame bar, the result is solid, I was standing and bouncing on it, it's not moving.
This will be an easy add on for most. I read through the instructions about a week ago and noticed it said something about cutting the factory skid plate on the 520. I have aluminum rock sliders under mine so knew going in it wasn't going to be easy. They're 3/16" and I tried mounting underneath them but it wasn't happening, bust out the wheel of death. At least all of the mounting points worked out, I have a lot mounted to that frame bar under there.
Took some cutting and fitting and a lot of on and off but the drivers side's done.

View attachment 248008View attachment 248009

View attachment 248010

Something else to note is that powder coat was in all the threads, would advise running them through on the bench before laying on the floor. 🙄

Very nice! Can you confirm they are no more than 50" wide when installed? It doesn't appear to stick out past your tires but that doesn't mean you have oem tire width.

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
Nice design & looks.
How much : 1 ground clearance do they loose,( most put on larger tire to gain height)
2 added width ? ( hindrance on narrow TIGHT rocky trails )
3 added length between tires at bottom of frame ( hindrance crawling over rocks & not sure if interfaces with Tracks )
Loss of ground clearance , added width & longer lower frame doesn't work for ALL riding conditions.

Like all modifications Works for some & some it Does Not.

Since the plastic on these P 500` doesn't set outside lower frame extension ( as does other mfg-er's they need it to protect Plastic ).
Had these on 09 RZR ( note sold Dec.13 as soon as Pioneer 700 came out & now 18 Red P500 ) sure did save the plastic on that RZR glad I had them especially when it came time to sell.
These are more for looks than protection ( not to forget make $$$$$ )
Full WIDTH UHM Skid will give more protection.
Just a opinion-- riding on mostly narrow tight ( rocky to swampy ) mountain trails & grown over used to be skidder trail & ruts.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Very nice! Can you confirm they are no more than 50" wide when installed? It doesn't appear to stick out past your tires but that doesn't mean you have oem tire width.

They're more than 50", probably more like 54". My tires sit at 55" and these are in about 1/2".

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!