Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Nice design & looks.
How much : 1 ground clearance do they loose,( most put on larger tire to gain height)
2 added width ? ( hindrance on narrow TIGHT rocky trails )
3 added length between tires at bottom of frame ( hindrance crawling over rocks & not sure if interfaces with Tracks )
Loss of ground clearance , added width & longer lower frame doesn't work for ALL riding conditions.

Like all modifications Works for some & some it Does Not.

Since the plastic on these P 500` doesn't set outside lower frame extension ( as does other mfg-er's they need it to protect Plastic ).
Had these on 09 RZR ( note sold Dec.13 as soon as Pioneer 700 came out & now 18 Red P500 ) sure did save the plastic on that RZR glad I had them especially when it came time to sell.
These are more for looks than protection ( not to forget make $$$$$ )
Full WIDTH UHM Skid will give more protection.
Just a opinion-- riding on mostly narrow tight ( rocky to swampy ) mountain trails & grown over used to be skidder trail & ruts.

Oh Pappy, they cost too much, hang too low and make this thing nearly as wide as a Talon. Most everyone knows this machine was built for looks anyway and rarely much thought given to capability. Still working on my driving too so normally stick to dirt roads and the occasional two track but one of these days I'll gain enough confidence to unload this trailer queen at a place like RRB or Drummond Island. Probably leave half of my accessories scattered down the trail but hope it'll make it through.
Always appreciate the advice of those that know better so thank you so much.

Last edited:
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Oh Pappy, they cost too much, hang too low and make this thing nearly as wide as a Talon. Most everyone knows this machine was built for looks anyway and rarely much thought given to capability. Still working on my driving too so normally stick to dirt roads and the occasional two track but one of these days I'll gain enough confidence to unload this trailer queen at a place like RRB or Drummond Island. Probably leave half of my accessories scattered down the trail but hope it'll make it through.
Always appreciate the advise of those that know better so thank you so much.
If you make it to RRB I will ride the gravel roads with ya. 😂

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Those look awesome. The 500 is a machine that would really benefit from this mod. The tubes on mine (when I had a 500) were all banged up and I had to paint them a couple times. If I still had the 500 I'd buy them in a heartbeat

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Glad to hear a strong mounting system. My Polaris Ace had them, but one is lost on a trail somewhere. Had a crappy expanding insert into tubing, no solid bolt on.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Those look awesome. The 500 is a machine that would really benefit from this mod. The tubes on mine (when I had a 500) were all banged up and I had to paint them a couple times. If I still had the 500 I'd buy them in a heartbeat

Thanks ehart and plenty of benefits IMO. The tree kicker aspect is what I wanted, scrubbed the sides too many times. The width is right where I need it to be, I measured them tonight, plumbed down each side and they're at 54 1/2". They technically don't lower the ground clearance either. The chassis recesses under the foot boards and is higher than the frame and skid plate. After these bolt on they still sit higher than the frame. They're going to take a beating regardless but at least they can be taken off and painted.

Clearance

Biggest benefit is that they look BA! Before the glory could even sink in though @lee made a comment about adding diamond plate. I chuckled for a second and then stared at the screen... #$@&%*!

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
Liking these. I dragged a rear fender on a tree yesterday (Mud Busters extension). Wheel spacers may be in my future, as well as these.

I have the SSS full skid plate pkg. I didn't really follow your install comments. How much headache factor for a mechanically declined person such as myself to install?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
They're more than 50", probably more like 54". My tires sit at 55" and these are in about 1/2".

Thanks for clarifying. No way they would fit through 50" gated trails out West. Sigh, guess you don't need tree kickers in the desert 🤣.

They look great though!

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Liking these. I dragged a rear fender on a tree yesterday (Mud Busters extension). Wheel spacers may be in my future, as well as these.

I have the SSS full skid plate pkg. I didn't really follow your install comments. How much headache factor for a mechanically declined person such as myself to install?

In the instructions I looked at it shows having to trim your skid plate, they even had a template that you could print. No doubt it'll be for the center bracket that takes the U bolt. The one to the front would probably tuck underneath. Without a skid or rock slider under the foot well these would bolt on pretty fast.

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
Just thought of another thing I noticed yesterday...these stop the door from opening a full 180. Still goes farther than 90 and plenty to get in and out but doesn't lay all the way back like it used to.
Well that's not going to work for me. But good to know and thanks for sharing that info.
Sometimes when I'm in and out of the cab a lot I bungee the door open to the rear ROPS to make getting in and out easier. One example is when grading my driveway with a pull behind landscape rake that you have to raise, lower and angle the rake manually.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Well that's not going to work for me. But good to know and thanks for sharing that info.
Sometimes when I'm in and out of the cab a lot I bungee the door open to the rear ROPS to make getting in and out easier. One example is when grading my driveway with a pull behind landscape rake that you have to raise, lower and angle the rake manually.

Yeah i thought it was worth sharing. It was sometimes nice to be able to fold that door all the way back.

S

Splorin

Oct 14, 2018
Maine
Ownership

1. 500
trig, too funny you found these and had 'em on before most of us were outta bed! I sidebarred my first SXS because I was surprised how much abuse the frame took after the first ride. Obstacles that my wheeler never came close to were awfully loud. Narrow P-5 not as bad. 54" is about perfect for the lifted and widened rigs.....

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Looks really nice! :p Damn...I may have to pick up a set. I wonder if they would look good with just the rear bumper as I do not have the front?

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!