P1000 Power issue video

H

Hemba

Dec 5, 2016
Baton Rouge la
Ownership

1. 1000-3

Not sure if I copied and pasted this video correctly but this is exactly what my 1000 is doing. Sometimes it just will not turn the tires. Is this the clutch issue or something different????

H

Hemba

Dec 5, 2016
Baton Rouge la
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I know there are several threads about this already. I just found this video on U-Tube and wanted to see some opinions on what y'all think. This cannot be normal!!!!

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Sounds like he's in high range. Mine would turn all four tires and throw mud in low range. When you lug it like that you are asking for trouble. Towards the end it looked like he may have messed up the clutches....

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No that is not normal. It should rip that mudholes a new one. Something going on.

Reactions: sharp
H

Hemba

Dec 5, 2016
Baton Rouge la
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well sometimes mine turns tires good then the next thing I know it bogs down just like the video. It has happen twice and I was in low range. Both times I tried to push it to see what she could do it quit turning the tires. Does good around house and at deer camp but not confident enough to take on an all day ride.

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

About half way through this video something bangs and the RPMs seem to jump up and then he shuts it down.

H

Hemba

Dec 5, 2016
Baton Rouge la
Ownership

1. 1000-3

About half way through this video something bangs and the RPMs seem to jump up and then he shuts it down.
Mine makes the same exact noise and does the same exact thing. I'm telling y'all this video is exactly what my bike does. But only when I'm putting it in a bind.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Im pretty sure he broke an axel. You can hear her say something about the back tire not spinning at the end of the first video. Hard to tell how much suction that mud has. But I've been in a bind were I was pushing mud it was 3/4 up the tires. I stepped on it and it really slung mud shift in to 2nd and threw mud everywhere. Something sounds awry with this machine from my experience.

Reactions: sharp and Delton
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know there are several threads about this already. I just found this video on U-Tube and wanted to see some opinions on what y'all think. This cannot be normal!!!!
Send him a comment on you tube asking what happened. Maybe he'll get back with you. To me it doesn't seem like a clutch. It also looks like he's in high gear, that's not good.It kinda sounds like he has a modified spark arrester of a modified exhaust tip.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!