P500 Power steering install

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Install complete and operational :D Now I need to do something with all these dang wires :eek:

CaboJim

CaboJim

Nov 1, 2018
Washougal WA
Ownership

1. 500
Installed the RM EPS kit over the weekend. Holy crap what a difference!!!!!! Messed up one of the shaft bolts, luckily I was able to reuse one of the factory ones. Snow plow coming next!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Still up on jack stands. Didn't have time to organize the wires and get the skids back on. Should have time next weekend to get it all squared up.
Helped my buddy with his a P-7 power steering install, loosened up the steering column , took of left side tire/wheel, left fender and removed hood. We drank a half case of beer and did the install in 4 hours, think the beer was 2.5 hours of it, but it's a lot faster with 2 people as long as it's not your wife!

Reactions: TripleB and CaboJim
CaboJim

CaboJim

Nov 1, 2018
Washougal WA
Ownership

1. 500
Helped my buddy with his a P-7 power steering install, loosened up the steering column , took of left side tire/wheel, left fender and removed hood. We drank a half case of beer and did the install in 4 hours, think the beer was 2.5 hours of it, but it's a lot faster with 2 people as long as it's not your wife!
Yes I was too drinking! It took me two nights and about the same about of time.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Yes I was too drinking! It took me two nights and about the same about of time.
Your going to enjoy it. It will save your thumbs. What unit you buy? Buddies was an EZ Steer I think?

Last edited:
Reactions: Mudder and CaboJim

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!